• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The wolves Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really , anything less positive on here and you're labelled as a WUM or banned.

That's really not the case as long as the negativity is put across in the correct manner.

As I've mentioned above, I was hoping we would bring in our targets in this window, but as we have already missed out on Wood and Zyro, it appears nothing has changed.

For me Moxey and Morgan are in the last chance saloon.

Before I entertain your question I would like you to answer mine. I have my reasons which I will explain after you've told me what you would change. You can make that right now or if we get to the PL. And that's the club infrastructure and staff not playing staff.

I'd call this a loaded question.. for example if anyone was to dare suggest a change of owner on here they are closed down quicker than a brothel outside the Vatican. We would have wailing screeching of "WUM WUM ", "I knew it" , "its someone from the mol mix/ mol way" , "you want us to do a Portsmouth", "do you think we are Real Madrid", "close the thread", "its the devil /anti Christ" "burn the infidel" etc ..infact we've had a few of those already. Probably best we all agree to continue on "the wolves way " and pat each other on the back on how great it all is with the 2040 season full of promise with the academy in full swing

That's really not the case as long as the negativity is put across in the correct manner.

As I've mentioned above, I was hoping we would bring in our targets in this window, but as we have already missed out on Wood and Zyro, it appears nothing has changed.

For me Moxey and Morgan are in the last chance saloon.

I have a feeling the doors in the last chance saloon will be open for business again come the January transfer window Penk, call it a hunch. The doors closed for me years ago

I'm confused now.

Is this guy against the self sufficient, low spending model or is he happy to embrace it and it's academy centred recruitment even if it means settling for Championship football?

I'd call this a loaded question.. for example if anyone was to dare suggest a change of owner on here they are closed down quicker than a brothel outside the Vatican. We would have wailing screeching of "WUM WUM ", "I knew it" , "its someone from the mol mix/ mol way" , "you want us to do a Portsmouth", "do you think we are Real Madrid", "close the thread", "its the devil /anti Christ" "burn the infidel" etc ..infact we've had a few of those already. Probably best we all agree to continue on "the wolves way " and pat each other on the back on how great it all is with the 2040 season full of promise with the academy in full swing

I know you don't like Morgan and I'm not sure many care for him as an owner. The CEO has been called to go by a few on here and I would change the manager as well as CEO. So I don't see how you would think this is a loaded question. You have a chance to say what you think, not fact, but your opinion. Don't be so defensive, let it go, it'll do you good.

I will then answer your question on the manager as promised.

I'm starting to get confused, your first thread post, as Langer's has pointed out states that you are pleased with the Owners approach and not wanting to go the way of Portsmouth and Leeds, it appears to have come full circle.
WUM references can hardly come as a surprise.

To be fair we haven't burnt any infidels yet...

I have a feeling the doors in the last chance saloon will be open for business again come the January transfer window Penk, call it a hunch. The doors closed for me years ago

We will see. However, there is very little you and I can do about the owner and CEO, so I won't be winging about it every 5 minutes.

Change of owner needs a willing seller & a willing buyer with no idea whether the willing buyer has any idea or stability about them anyway. In any event Owners who try to run the club on a day to day basis are dangerous for a football club as most have little idea what they are doing.

CEO - is another matter as he is an employee of the club and can be removed as can any other employee. Maybe that a change there will alter the club's approach to life & football as I have found that after this many years there is a tendency to avoid risks, go with what you are comfortable with & stick with the status quo rather than look for alternatives which might bring greater success, but which will cause additional work.

Have never worked in the same job (even if the employer hadn't changed) for more than 8 yrs and know that I was getting stale in that role by then.

That was your ridiculous strawman argument, not anyone else's.

The Portsmouth argument is an age old phrase peddled out on here that has been mentioned on more than one occasion by others on this thread.. it's normally trotted out to anyone suggesting we dare spend more than 10 p on a player with the fate of portsmouth and impending doom hanging over the club like the grim reaper scythe in hand ready to strike.

Yes but it was YOU who was saying we shouldn't sign anyone for decent money to avoid another Johnson/O'Hara situation.

Really? Is it?

We all know very well there is Middle ground between going bust and penny pinching.

I'm starting to get confused, your first thread post, as Langer's has pointed out states that you are pleased with the Owners approach and not wanting to go the way of Portsmouth and Leeds, it appears to have come full circle.
WUM references can hardly come as a surprise.

How can anyone be pleased with the owners approach of investing next to nothing every season whilst we look up in awe at clubs like Albion/stoke as we dance around winning the 3rd division title? As previously said anyone starting a thread along these lines is shouted down or banned for being a WUM .. I regard this forum as a bizarre cult of individuals where you have to dance around the fire waving around sticks to be accepted akin to a medieval devil worshipping session and have seen numerous posters mocked for questioning the "grand masters" on here. Most forums have cliques but this one really does take the biscuit.

I can't believe Ive read through all of this.

I would be interested to see why Johnny thinks we should change the manager though!

My view is quite obviously the sooner Morgan leaves the better , how anyone can seriously defend this wolves way gibberish I have no idea ... it's shameful really for anyone to imply as fans of this great club we should be happy to languish in the second tier of English football. An utter disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back