• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The wolves Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's your answer PLF, pure bigotry, ignorance, lack of perspective and basic empathy.

Quite funny from a moron that says

"Jackett has a different type of football he is aiming for and a better type of staff around him than MM for recruitment"

If you believe that Sagbo , Clarke and graham illustrates a better recruitment team it shows what you know about football ..sweet FA. Typical of this forum a grand master ( grand cabbage) is allowed to call someone ignorant and a bigot with no warning but if the roles are reversed its WUM. Hilarious stuff 75 IQ lad lol

You say beating the big guns was only good at the final whistle but it gave me a buzz for most of the following week knowing we had shoved the media predictions of defeat where the sun doesn't shine and created genuine ripples of shock/ admiration in the football world. The feeling of beating teams in the second especially third tier was just .. who cares. The beauty of some of the top flight wins was although rare when they did come along they incapsulated every emotion conceivable instead of laughter/ polite applause as the 4th goal against Rotheram flies in. I remember seeing footage when I got back from anfield of Graham Souness saying on sky we had no chance of victory before kick off and the look on his face post match was worth more than all our league 1 wins put together.

Are you saying that the 6 - 4 win v Rotherham in lg 1 wasn't enjoyable (I wasn't there, but would have liked to have been) or the late winner at home v Leeds last year (which I was at). Coming from this far south any game involves a serious wedge of cash.

Do I want days like that in the Premier rather than a lower league (even if they are less likely initially) - of course I do. Till we get there I will take what I can get & hope I pick the right games to get up there for.

You're quite right ..spunkity spunkity spunk all 9 million a season when we raked in over 60 million sky money each year alone. It's a miracle we haven't been liquidated as you say with the great expense we have incurred. Again as we have dealt with coincidences it must be a coincidence that 5 managers have been unable to deliver success under our great expense budget , why do you think that is ?

So you don't think cutting down on transfer fees to boost the wage budget would work? You don't think having upto £200k a week extra on your wage budget, not to say you'd be giving it all to one player before you chirp up with that, would be more tempting to potential signings if you weren't spending it on transfer fees instsead?

Are you saying that the 6 - 4 win v Rotherham in lg 1 wasn't enjoyable (I wasn't there, but would have liked to have been) or the late winner at home v Leeds last year (which I was at). Coming from this far south any game involves a serious wedge of cash.

Do I want days like that in the Premier rather than a lower league (even if they are less likely initially) - of course I do. Till we get there I will take what I can get & hope I pick the right games to get up there for.

Im saying wins in league 1 were lifeless affairs with no real satisfaction in winning yes

So you don't think cutting down on transfer fees to boost the wage budget would work? You don't think having upto £200k a week extra on your wage budget, not to say you'd be giving it all to one player before you chirp up with that, would be more tempting to potential signings if you weren't spending it on transfer fees instsead?

You say " cut down on transfer fees" but we only spent 9 million each of our three seasons... how much do you want to cut down by exactly or maybe trawl the market for free transfers ?

Well what a waste of time this thread ended up being.

Im saying wins in league 1 were lifeless affairs with no real satisfaction in winning yes

Which one were those then? I'm pretty sure I saw record away crowds and quite decent atmospheres at home games.

You say " cut down on transfer fees" but we only spent 9 million each of our three seasons... how much do you want to cut down by exactly or maybe trawl the market for free transfers ?

It may not sound like a lot but look at the table I put up earlier, only 3 teams had a higher net spend than Wolves during that 3 year spell, Wigan who stayed up comfortably ahead of Wolves had a meagre net spend of less than £2m per season, lets not even get started on Norwich and Swansea who were spending significantly less in lower leagues in the preceeding years. It's not that Wolves didn't spend enough money, it's that they didn't spend it properly, rather than chasing after the prize assests from teams like Hull or Burnley where they had to pay an inflated asking price why not pursue targets held in lower esteem from elsewhere?

If Wolves had an equal net spend to Wigan then that would've been an extra £8m per season to go on wages instead of fees without Morgan needing to sanction any extra outgoings, that's over an extra £10k per week for your entire starting 11. That sort of money could easily be the difference between making a signing choose you over a rival.

Quite funny from a moron that says

"Jackett has a different type of football he is aiming for and a better type of staff around him than MM for recruitment"

If you believe that Sagbo , Clarke and graham illustrates a better recruitment team it shows what you know about football ..sweet FA. Typical of this forum a grand master ( grand cabbage) is allowed to call someone ignorant and a bigot with no warning but if the roles are reversed its WUM. Hilarious stuff 75 IQ lad lol

And you wonder why people like you get banned. Try articulating your point rather than trying to force your narrow opinion down people's throat as if it were fact.

why would you try and interact with folk on a forum you clearly despise? And are you of such limited intellect that you cannot understand and accept others views?

Well what a waste of time this thread ended up being.

Not really, it's confirmed what I knew before starting it .. that a large proportion of "fans" if they dare call themselves that are more concerned with Morgans bank balance than what division we are in or indeed wolves itself. Anyone preferring to stay in a lower league to save money and not advocating bringing players in without flying off at a bizarre tangent screaming we're heading for liquidation like Portsmouth are not fans in my eyes. God knows what they are, on the mix we have papper and north west wanderer who defends anything remotely to do with Morgan which points to ulterior motives probably working for the club in some capacity. A Man united fan defecting to wolves after breaking down in tears at Southampton overwhelmed by how noble our fans were when we lost 6-0 ordering people not to criticise Morgan when he was munching prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford less than a decade ago as a grown man sums up forum life and some of the pondlife like "heres johnny 75" that barely leaves his house. Some decent posters but if this forum of doomsayers scared of the premier league and the mix run by grown men moving from Manchester called "north west wanderer" now working for the club represents the majority of fans I'm mother Teresa.

And you wonder why people like you get banned. Try articulating your point rather than trying to force your narrow opinion down people's throat as if it were fact.

why would you try and interact with folk on a forum you clearly despise? And are you of such limited intellect that you cannot understand and accept others views?

I hate hypocrisy.. you accuse a poster of ignorance , bigotry and you dare come back with this ? My pet cat could post more sense than some of what you write and it died 8 years ago.. maybe I'll exhume it to replace you

Not really, it's confirmed what I knew before starting it .. that a large proportion of "fans" if they dare call themselves that are more concerned with Morgans bank balance than what division we are in or indeed wolves itself. Anyone preferring to stay in a lower league to save money and not advocating bringing players in without flying off at a bizarre tangent screaming we're heading for liquidation like Portsmouth are not fans in my eyes. God knows what they are, on the mix we have papper and north west wanderer who defends anything remotely to do with Morgan which points to ulterior motives probably working for the club in some capacity. A Man united fan defecting to wolves after breaking down in tears at Southampton overwhelmed by how noble our fans were when we lost 6-0 ordering people not to criticise Morgan when he was munching prawn sandwiches at Old Trafford less than a decade ago as a grown man sums up forum life and some of the pondlife like "heres johnny 75" that barely leaves his house. Some decent posters but if this forum of doomsayers scared of the premier league and the mix run by grown men moving from Manchester called "north west wanderer" now working for the club represents the majority of fans I'm mother Teresa.

Not one person has said that, Arthur.

Football is not just about the 'top' level though - the most exciting game I have been at was Woking v Blyth Spartans (I think - well it was a long time ago) in a FA Trophy quarter final which Woking won 1 - 0. It was a time when I was living in Woking & went regularly, had young children & little money as a result of that.

8000 packed into a ground that realistically only held 6500 - place went mental at the end (long way for the away support so few of them). That was as good as it got from memory that season as we certainly didn't win the cup that year.

Which one were those then? I'm pretty sure I saw record away crowds and quite decent atmospheres at home games.

Its a subjective thing but I didn't enjoy any league one wins, perhaps you derived joy from beating Stevenage etc but I found it cringeworthy from start to finish we were even in that league

Football is not just about the 'top' level though - the most exciting game I have been at was Woking v Blyth Spartans (I think - well it was a long time ago) in a FA Trophy quarter final which Woking won 1 - 0. It was a time when I was living in Woking & went regularly, had young children & little money as a result of that.

8000 packed into a ground that realistically only held 6500 - place went mental at the end (long way for the away support so few of them). That was as good as it got from memory that season as we certainly didn't win the cup that year.

I agree its not about top level but wolves are a premier league club and that's where we should be competing not taking pleasure from beating 3rd division teams.. if it was albion/villa etc we would laugh and rightly so

Its a subjective thing but I didn't enjoy any league one wins, perhaps you derived joy from beating Stevenage etc but I found it cringeworthy from start to finish we were even in that league

Not really, I expected us to win. There were some good days out, but ultimately there was little contest in most the games.

This post is enough to stop responding - this thread could have some merit, but not if this is the level some are descending to.

Seems to be names picked out at random to insult - a pointless exercise

It may not sound like a lot but look at the table I put up earlier, only 3 teams had a higher net spend than Wolves during that 3 year spell, Wigan who stayed up comfortably ahead of Wolves had a meagre net spend of less than £2m per season, lets not even get started on Norwich and Swansea who were spending significantly less in lower leagues in the preceeding years. It's not that Wolves didn't spend enough money, it's that they didn't spend it properly, rather than chasing after the prize assests from teams like Hull or Burnley where they had to pay an inflated asking price why not pursue targets held in lower esteem from elsewhere?

If Wolves had an equal net spend to Wigan then that would've been an extra £8m per season to go on wages instead of fees without Morgan needing to sanction any extra outgoings, that's over an extra £10k per week for your entire starting 11. That sort of money could easily be the difference between making a signing choose you over a rival.

ok, if we don't spend on transfer fees as you imply, how do we sign the players exactly? Buy them a birthday cake or serenade them?

I've got a great memory of a Blyth Spartans game too.

They were playing Chasetown in a FA cup replay, real early rounds, think the last qualification round before the proper stuff started. My mate was playing for Chasetown's U21 side at the time and they all had to go help out as ball boys and such. He got me and his younger brother a ticket and the place went apeshit when the final whistle went with Chasetown going through, few hundred people piling out of the 'stand' onto the pitch to congratulate their siblings/offspring/friends on the pitch. They actually played some decent stuff too, Chasetown had a couple of older guys who'd played at professional level and some talented young lads that played for across youth/reserves/first team, think they really took the higher profile Northerners by surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back