• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Wolverhampton: The Home City of Plane Watchers & Stalkers.

No parent wants their kid putting there life on hold for them.

I felt at the time he left it was disappointing that people had so quickly turned toxic towards him regardless of some of his quirks and style, rather than even considering his side. And now some of what he was implying has now annoyed a 3rd manager in a row and would have annoyed Nuno given the chance, as he himself had pivoted to the idea of a bigger squad.

No parent wants their kid putting there life on hold for them.

I felt at the time he left it was disappointing that people had so quickly turned toxic towards him regardless of some of his quirks and style, rather than even considering his side. And now some of what he was implying has now annoyed a 3rd manager in a row and would have annoyed Nuno given the chance, as he himself had pivoted to the idea of a bigger squad.

You cannot defend him getting that fat prick Ballbag to do his dirty work for him and he did it twice.

Not to mention framing it as “I need to tell the fans what’s happening” whilst actually saying fuck all.

Who cares? Couldn't take to the chap personally. Not his football, jumpers or his unintelligible press conferences.
Glad he's gone.

Nopetegui is better than I wish it was.

Always came across to me as he was doing us a massive favour by coming. Thankful for turning the season, but never took to him and don't think he'd have been here once a half decent job offer came.

He certainly isn't cheap!

I dunno, I don't think there's any way you could look at his record and say he's a massive red flag, he's achieved a lot, and it's not crap football even if it's not especially swashbuckling. But equally I think his best days are gone, recent history suggests he's a pain in the arse to deal with, he's pretty old in football terms and in terms of managing an English team, he doesn't communicate very well at all.

He certainly isn't cheap!

I dunno, I don't think there's any way you could look at his record and say he's a massive red flag, he's achieved a lot, and it's not crap football even if it's not especially swashbuckling. But equally I think his best days are gone, recent history suggests he's a pain in the arse to deal with, he's pretty old in football terms and in terms of managing an English team, he doesn't communicate very well at all.

Bit like a modern day version of Post-Chelsea Mourinho, spend enough money (on both him and the team) and you'll probably get better results than the last guy but it's never going to be all that much fun and somewhere down the line there's bound to be a falling out.

Looking back now his Wolves story looks very mercenary, said no until he got a massive pay packet and transfer kitty, then as soon as he wasn't getting his way with the latter he threw the toys out and fucked off.

Bit like a modern day version of Post-Chelsea Mourinho, spend enough money (on both him and the team) and you'll probably get better results than the last guy but it's never going to be all that much fun and somewhere down the line there's bound to be a falling out.

Looking back now his Wolves story looks very mercenary, said no until he got a massive pay packet and transfer kitty, then as soon as he wasn't getting his way with the latter he threw the toys out and fucked off.
I'm not even sure he'll get better results with West Ham, they've benefited a bit from one of those weird seasons like when Lage was here, we finished 10th despite being horseshit for about 80% of the season and they'll probably do similar (they have been better than that, but you get my point).

Is Lopetegui going to elevate them far beyond that? I'm not sure he would. He'd probably have them around the same place and I'm far from convinced West Ham fans would say "at least it's better to watch".

Idiots ranting on as if he's Avram Grant II are patently miles wide of the mark but I can understand normal fans having reservations.

His football is definitely a defence first style and not overly attractive. One of the reasons he managed so many 1-0 wins at home to keep us up.

I've enjoyed O'Neil's football more than Lops for sure.
It would have been interesting to see how he set up this season. A lot of the stuff in his time here was don't lose and stay up followed by cocktails and a beach party.

He had shown glimpses in pre season of putting us on the front foot more but we will never know.

Back