• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

I understand JLo having a moan. Whatever happened between them we will probably never know. The bottom line is he was lied to, no ifs or buts.

Spiers has covered it on The Athletic and also mentioned the club has known for some time he wanted to leave, which is obviously why they were talking to O'Neil (sp?).

All the people with the hatred for Lop "leaving us in the S right before the season" need to maybe read that info and direct the anger to the correct place I'd say. We have entirely caused this from the early info.

If you're ever unsure whether Jeff Shi is lying simply check if his lips are moving. The two faced, duplicitous, incompetent fuckwit.
He's paid handsomely to be the two faced ire of your insult, but I think the majority of the blame for this one lies higher than him. After his original May strop Lopetegui was staying, the goalposts being moved again wasn't Shi's decision, just his to manage.

So was the fact that we didn`t sign Elvedi and Scott the reason for Lop`s strop? Or did he want more? Or was it the principal that he had been lied to? We`ll never know.

I do wonder if the players knew anything about it.
Him explicitly leaving who knows, him having an unauthorised interview with his mate, allowing him to ask leading questions whilst refusing to talk to the local press must have told them a lot though. Training camp is a bubble, it's a lot more visible to the players than if something similar had happened in season

So was the fact that we didn`t sign Elvedi and Scott the reason for Lop`s strop? Or did he want more? Or was it the principal that he had been lied to? We`ll never know.
A combination of all of those I expect.

Realistically, some of those players did buy into the Lopetegui dream and may well dream of pastures new now he has gone.

They can dream of what they want. Cunha cost nearly 50m, we wouldn't get half that for him as it is. Nunes, similarly plus he signed for fucking Bruno Lage, bloke could barely string a sentence together.

Gomes wasn't signed by Lopetegui, Hobbs recruited him. We'd want mega money, 70-80m.

Sarabia might well go but again there was interest earlier in the window and we wanted 10m plus, no one was willing to pay it.

Logically, none of them will go anywhere. We ain't under pressure to sell players, because if we were Kilman would be balls deep in pasta right now.

I would have thought the players would have known this was happening for a while. None, apart from Podence, have seemed to agitate for a movie

I would have thought the players would have known this was happening for a while. None, apart from Podence, have seemed to agitate for a movie
Barbie or Oppenheimer? My money is on Podence being a Barbie kind of guy.

Back