• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

• James Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rajiv van La Parra

• Matt Doherty

• Scott Golbourne

• Lee Evans

• Jack Price

• Kortney Hause

• Ethan Ebanks-Landell

• Michael Jacobs

• Tomasz Kuszczak

• Total voters
A very, very close call between Stearman and Sako - both have had brilliant seasons.

But I'm going for Sako - clearly a class player, and one of the most frustrating things about him was his inconsistency. I think he's been far more consistent this season and his output has been excellent.

If Afobe had been here from the start of the season and maintained the form he's shown here so far, he'd have been a shoe in.

Age categories dont matter to me, overall player of the season has to be Iorfa for me.
Playing out of position and has always been an 8 out of 10 even when those around him havent performed.

Age categories dont matter to me, overall player of the season has to be Iorfa for me.
Playing out of position and has always been an 8 out of 10 even when those around him havent performed.

Having played more league games than Iorfa, I'd say Afobe would be ahead of Iorfa.

I personally don't see how the POTS can be someone who has played in just over a third of our league games to date, which is the case for both Iorfa and Afobe. If it were a player of 2015 competition they along with Stearman and McDonald would be the leading contenders.

Edwards, always gives 100% and never complains. He has been a good servant to our club.

I personally don't see how the POTS can be someone who has played in just over a third of our league games to date, which is the case for both Iorfa and Afobe. If it were a player of 2015 competition they along with Stearman and McDonald would be the leading contenders.

Yes but if you add up all the time that Sako goes missing in a match it also equates to him playing a third of the league games......boom and indeed boom.

And without Sako we would be nowhere near the play offs...

No player is active and effective for the entire 90 mins. Sako does plenty enough in every game he plays to rebuke any insinuation of lazyiness or "going missing"

Interesting so far. Stears on 15, Sako on 10. Dicko a bit further back with 5.

8 players with votes so far.

Surprised Stearman has got so many votes, he's been very good since December but then Evans was excellent for three months at the start of the season and I don't see him featuring highly.

Surprised Stearman has got so many votes, he's been very good since December but then Evans was excellent for three months at the start of the season and I don't see him featuring highly.

Stearman has been good all season and was unfairly dropped. If anything the last few games have been his worst performances this season.

For me, Stearman has easily been our player of the season.

I dunno, I seem to recall Stearman getting plenty of flak for getting bullied for goals in successive games by Holt and Fortune, I don't remember many complaints when he got dropped (surprise, perhaps) and I don't remember many people wanting Ebanks-Landell dropped before he got injured.

I dunno, I seem to recall Stearman getting plenty of flak for getting bullied for goals in successive games by Holt and Fortune, I don't remember many complaints when he got dropped (surprise, perhaps) and I don't remember many people wanting Ebanks-Landell dropped before he got injured.

I think Stears has been very good for the majority of this season tbh Dan. I would pick him ahaead of EEL any day!

I'm torn between Stears and Sako for player of the season - though if Dangerous Dave scores a winner against the smoggies tonight then he will be getting my vote! ;o)

(we all dream of a team of Dave Edwards....)

Most people were saying that Batth should have been dropped, not Stearman.

Most people were saying that Batth should have been dropped, not Stearman.

Not from what I read or among any of the people I speak to.

Batth is getting a bit of a backlash now after the last two games, he wasn't six months ago.

Kevin McDonald but it'd like to give it to quite a few people if I was honest. Sako, Dicko, Stears, Afobe...

Danny Batth for me is Wolves player of the season, I think without his physicality the defense would fall apart. He's one of those players you miss most when he's not available for selection.

Back