• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

• James Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rajiv van La Parra

• Matt Doherty

• Scott Golbourne

• Lee Evans

• Jack Price

• Kortney Hause

• Ethan Ebanks-Landell

• Michael Jacobs

• Tomasz Kuszczak

• Total voters
Not from what I read or among any of the people I speak to.

Batth is getting a bit of a backlash now after the last two games, he wasn't six months ago.

Just looking back, no one was calling for either to be dropped and most had Stearman back in after the Ipswich game.

Stearman for me too tbh. I think since his return he's been excellent. He's also been pivotally involved in a lot of incidents which in my mind prevented certain goal conceding occurrences. The manner he's blocked, tackled, and stepped up to the plate. He had a spell January to mid march where he was pretty imperious in my view.

It's player of the season though, not player of a third of the season ;)

Maybe it's just me but I can't really be picking someone who got dropped for the best part of two months. It's not a Mark Rankine style fiasco if Stears does win it, just there are players who've been more consistent across the whole campaign.

Surprised I'm the first one to vote for Ikeme. Altho it was between him and the Stears I had to go for big Carl, the month or so that he was out and Tommy K (altho playing very well) was in it showed just how good Ikeme is and in my opinion he's been vital this season, no doubt if we didn't have him we would be lower down in the league.

I can't choose a defender when we had a month of being slapped 3/4/5-0. Stears has been excellent over the last couple of months, we wouldn't be anywhere near the play offs without Sako and when he's on his game he's a class act - but he's too inconsistent and for that reason, I'm going for Dicko.

I can't choose a defender when we had a month of being slapped 3/4/5-0. Stears has been excellent over the last couple of months, we wouldn't be anywhere near the play offs without Sako and when he's on his game he's a class act - but he's too inconsistent and for that reason, I'm going for Dicko.

You mean in the games that Stears didn't play?

Sako has scored 14 goals this season and has probably had fewer than five bad games, he's been consistent, not inconsistent.

Sako has scored 14 goals this season and has probably had fewer than five bad games, he's been consistent, not inconsistent.

Totes. It's a complete fallacy.

Absobloodyexactly. He's also improved the defensive side of his game immensely, and works much harder.

Oh I'm not disputing his stats - but he can be infuriating to watch. At least if he has a terrible first half you know he's likely to come out in the second half and look like a world beater.

If he wasn't infuriating at times he wouldn't be anywhere near this level. 14 goals from a winget is tremendous.

He was on 13 before last night.

It's player of the season though, not player of a third of the season ;)

Maybe it's just me but I can't really be picking someone who got dropped for the best part of two months. It's not a Mark Rankine style fiasco if Stears does win it, just there are players who've been more consistent across the whole campaign.

Fair comment. The games that I have been to this year, I have in the main felt that the biggest contributor of important events in that game has been Stearman.
I've probably not quite seen a third of a season in total though! :icon_lol:

For me it's Iorfa because before he came into the team we were either bagging results that didn't match poor performances or we were getting hammered (the run before winter). His entrance to the team changed the entire complexion of our side. For me he really is our MVP by a mile (although in fairness you could just about make the same argument for Afobe, yeah?).

Although I guess the cultural definitions of "PotS" and "MVP" may be different?

As has been stated, he has played a third of the season. He can't be considered really. If he is going to be, Afobe has offered more.

Personally I'd value impact over playing time (not really his fault he wasn't involved from the start, after all).

So yes, Afobe would be my second choice.

I really like Iorfa and Afobe but for anybody to be considered for Player Of The Season, they have to have played a major amount of the season for me.........having said that if Afobe scores hat-tricks in all the last 3 games and fires us into the play-offs I reserve the right to change my mind

Personally I'd value impact over playing time (not really his fault he wasn't involved from the start, after all).

So yes, Afobe would be my second choice.

But Afobe has made a bigger impact? He has turned us into one of the best teams in the league

Back