• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

TWF Player of the Season 14/15

• James Henry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rajiv van La Parra

• Matt Doherty

• Scott Golbourne

• Lee Evans

• Jack Price

• Kortney Hause

• Ethan Ebanks-Landell

• Michael Jacobs

• Tomasz Kuszczak

• Total voters
As has been stated, he has played a third of the season. He can't be considered really. If he is going to be, Afobe has offered more.

Isn't the only real criteria that the individual must have made 10 league appearances? Anything else is surely just a personal choice in how you cast your vote?

Anyway I've voted for Sako

But Afobe has made a bigger impact? He has turned us into one of the best teams in the league

I think Iorfa's impact has been more significant. Afobe has scored quite a few goals, sure, but Iorfa has been crucial to both our tightening up at the back and our ability to overload defenses going forward. Henry and Rajiv are good but can be reasonably defended by a fullback of decent pedigree. This allowed teams to better nullify Sako and Golbourne on the left.

In short, I think Iorfa has made better going forward and coming back. Afobe only really contributes going forward (although certainly his pace combined with Dicko's does ease pressure on our midfield since defenses cannot press us so highly out of fear).

I haven't seen enough games to feel I can legitimately cast a vote. Based on games I have seen and reports read on here and elsewhere I'd go along with the view that Sako has probably been our POTS, but it really is based purely on perception and the flimsiest of actual evidence!

Back