• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford Fan in Hospital

A friend of mine has been told that the police are no nearer to charging someone with this assault than they were 10 days ago. The lads are just going "no comment" throughout the interviews, and they are back on the street again within 24 hours.

It appears that these lads are a close knit bunch and are sticking together.

They will have had solicitors who will advise them to go no comment

Ideally you want a confession, but the CCTV should end being sufficient if nobody squeals. Charge the most clear cut and then offer a deal for implicating the others.

A friend of mine has been told that the police are no nearer to charging someone with this assault than they were 10 days ago. The lads are just going "no comment" throughout the interviews, and they are back on the street again within 24 hours.

It appears that these lads are a close knit bunch and are sticking together.

No comment interviews aren't the end of the world for the police when it comes to interviewing if anything police don't mind it because your suspect isn't giving a reasonable account at the best opportunity.

From FF

Latest update:
"I know everyone is desperate for an update on Nic/moos condition but he has been critical but stable so not much to say. In the last couple of days he has been taken off all sedation and is controlling the pressure in his head so no more help needed there. He has had a tracheostomy fitted and is down to 25% oxygen, he is breathing himself with that little bit of help. Physio is working on him daily and he is spontaneously moving his left arm and leg. We have seen his eyelids slightly open and he moved his eyes in the direction of our voices. We are all so pleased with how far he has come and are waiting for him to 'wake up' to see where we go from here. We are truly thankful for everyone's support, prayers and good wishes for him and our family. The Drs/nurses here are simply the best and West Midlands police seem to be doing a great job in finding the Scum! Also, a massive thank you to Ollie for starting his fund and to everyone who has made a donation. This will give Nic the best rehab he may need. Xxx"

So, uh, do we know that these kids actually did it or are we just assuming because they're the first ones to have been arrested?

So, uh, do we know that these kids actually did it or are we just assuming because they're the first ones to have been arrested?

Well, yes people will assume they are the guilty party as a natural reaction to the arrests. Obviously they are not guilty until they are found so.

Police have arrested two more people on suspicion of wounding in connection with the assault on Watford FC fan Nic Cruwys.

A 17-year-old boy was arrested on 19 March at an address in Gailey, Staffordshire and an 18-year old man was arrested on 20 March at an address in Ashmore Park, Wolverhampton.

Both were later released on bail while detectives continue their inquiries into the attack, which took place on 7 March on Littles Lane, Wolverhampton, following a game between Wolves and Watford.

The latest arrests bring the number of people detained over the assault – which has left the 44-year-old from Hemel Hempstead in a critical but stable condition – to seven.

Three other 18-year-old men and two teens aged 14 and 13 are also on police bail in connection with the attack, all with strict conditions to report to a police station daily and not to enter Wolverhampton city centre on match days. All seven will be spoken to again by detectives in April.

Detective Inspector Toni Naylor, from Wolverhampton’s Violent Crime Team, said: “We have now made a number of arrests but our investigation is still very much ongoing.

“We remain keen to hear from anyone with information about the assault – who we have not yet spoken to – and I would urge them to contact us as soon as possible.”

Is Nic still in a coma?

Just seen this posted on Twitter.

Harris ‏@iHaggis · 53m53 minutes ago
Absolutely chuffed to bits to hear that @Watfordfcsays fan Nick Cruwys is on the mend. Get well soon.

#WFC #WWFC #twitter92

Just seen this posted on Twitter.

Harris ‏@iHaggis · 53m53 minutes ago
Absolutely chuffed to bits to hear that @Watfordfcsays fan Nick Cruwys is on the mend. Get well soon.��

#WFC #WWFC #twitter92

Fantastic news. Thank you.

Thats terrific news, just need him to carry on getting better and for all the scumbags to be rounded up and charged, would be nice if our crap "justice system" sentenced them accordingly... but I won't hold my breath

It wouldn't take much to work out who the person at Gailey is. There's only about 10 houses.

Has the club taken any official action? Is there something supporters can do to honor him at a match? Like applause at the minute matching his age or something?

Watford fans did a minutes applause in the 44th minute in their last home game I believe

They also had the Wolves fan who started the collection on the pitch at half time with some of the Cruwys family I believe, and that was a nice touch.

Back