• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford Fan in Hospital

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Watford Fan in Hospital with a serious head injury after being attacked after the game yesterday.

Bravo to our morons.

Echo the wishes for recovery.

Hopefully whoever did this is found & given appropriate punishment & if had been at the match is never allowed in the (or indeed any) ground again

This is horrible, hope the moron gets caught and he is made to pay

Really sad news. Watford are a real family club who have always been a friendly place to visit. My sister, brother in law and nephew are all ST holders there and I've been to the ground a number of times.
Best wishes to the injured Watford fan and I wish him a speedy recovery

Sad sad event. Pointless hoping for regret from the morons who behave this way. Remorse needs braincells and they are obviously sadly lacking it that department.

I go to football to meet up with friends, get a good game in & have a good day out. Don't have a problem with other sides success.

One of my best friends is a Bournemouth S/T holder & I am happy for him that that they are doing well now as he's suffered over previous years.

Reality is that this is not just football based as the sort of people taking action in this way would do it based on some other form of discrimination anyway - linking it to a football game is easy journalism

The fan is from Hemel Hempstead, which is a Watford main fan area, and also a stop on the line into Euston. He was walking to the station at just after five on a match day. Pretty clearly football-based for me.

I would accept that this appears to be based on 2 people who were at the football match, but would contend that the perpetrator would take violent action at any event, not just a football match.

The vast majority at a match don't act like this

Let's hope he makes a full recovery and the moron responsible is caught and punished

Nobody should go to watch their team play and end up like that. Thankfully the fan is in good hands now and has the best chance of making a full recovery, but the vermin that put him in that state deserve everything that is coming to them.

Complete contrast to the good atmosphere outside the ground immediately after the match where both Wolves and Watford fans were milling around outside the Billy Wright stand. Fucking scum, hopefully they get collared and serve some time.

All the best to the Watford fan.

Complete contrast to the good atmosphere outside the ground immediately after the match where both Wolves and Watford fans were milling around outside the Billy Wright stand. Fucking scum, hopefully they get collared and serve some time.

All the best to the Watford fan.

Absolutely Boozy. Fans were mingling that side of the ground and it was friendly and good-natured from both sides. Awful to think this was happening half a mile away.

Come to think of it I saw a police car and ambulance come out of Little's Lane in front of us as we were going round the ring road towards the canal around 5:30 or so with the sirens going so I presume it was that guy. Poor bloke.

Obviously no one deserves this at a football match and I hope he recovers and quickly, but according to an eyewitness, he did start it. Mixed reports whether it was unprovoked or not.

This incident is shameful and totally puts everything into perspective, let's hope for a speedy recovery and let's hope the people of Wolverhampton can identify and bring these deplorable cowards to justice.

Back