• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Matheus Nunes

Man Utd have been linked to Felix and Pulisic this morning so hopefully that means the Neto rumours were bullshit.

Madness that Liverpool are putting out a midfield containing Milner, Henderson, Elliott and have Keita in the ranks, yet weren’t interested. Can only guess they’ve run out of money.

Said last week that no matter what combination we use, we were always missing something with the double pivot in a 4231. That's fixed now, with an absolute baller. Fair play, it's a great signing.

Reactions: b3h
Seen some fans and journalists speculating on possible outgoings, I'd imagine only MGW is realistically likely out of those three. Guess all bets are off regarding our finances now though, so who really knows?

We'd be pretty stupid not to link Nunes and Neves up

Dendoncker and Traore must be considering their futures, neither will be getting much game time you would have thought.

I know everyone hates Donk but after just getting a much needed, different style of midfielder, do we really want to be letting him go now we have a few midfield options? Obviously would depend if he sees himself as more than a squad option.

I still think we'll see a fair bit of Dendoncker one way or the other given Moutinho's age.

Whether he is happy with cup games, and 15 mins off the bench most weeks is another question.

And he does offer us a good aerial option, particularly defensively, we aren't a big side.

Very happy with this, hopefully changes the dynamic of our midfield, both on and off the ball.

I know everyone hates Donk but after just getting a much needed, different style of midfielder, do we really want to be letting him go now we have a few midfield options? Obviously would depend if he sees himself as more than a squad option.

I see no reason to move him on, he can play multiple positions to a passable level. Valuable squad member but should never be starting consistently in a side that wants to dominate possession.

You don't 'let players go' anyway. They go if someone else wants them, I doubt anyone who can afford Dendoncker wants him at what he'd cost.

No-one wants Adama and we'd take any bid around £10m for him without even thinking about it.

great to see we got this done and looking forward to seeing the impact. had kept hope we’d get some big signings over the line, mainly because being competitive in this league virtually requires it. Good luck to Matheus and hope he enjoys it.

Dendoncker will get plenty of game time. He’s not getting a better deal then he gets here anyway.

Donk has been a squad player since he's been here. He's never been a guaranteed starter.

Donk has been a squad player since he's been here. He's never been a guaranteed starter.
I guess so, although he's played a hell of a lot:

18-19 - 26 games (and he didn't play till December?)
19-20 - 57 games
20-21 - 37 games
21-22 - 34 games

He was the 3rd choice midfielder.

He's 4th now.

That's the cherry on the cake. Just amazing. Hopefully the start of the next and final phase of our evolution into a CL club. (Well, if Nuno had a dream, so can I.)
Not the cherry on the cake, part of the cake.

A few more details on the deal seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

- the extra 5m euro is dependant on us qualifying for the CL + also player appearances
- 10% profit of next sale goes to Sporting
- Uncle Jorge made 4.45m euro from the deal

A fairly insane signing for a team who finished 10th last year, bearing in mind we’ve prised him away from a club in a European competition. And he turned down West Ham.

Him, Collins and Guedes are exactly what we’ve been crying out for to make that change to a back four and be more attacking so credit to Fosun for that. Just need Bruno to deliver now.

A few more details on the deal seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

- the extra 5m euro is dependant on us qualifying for the CL + also player appearances
- 10% profit of next sale goes to Sporting
- Uncle Jorge made 4.45m euro from the deal
Woodwork = Standard Portugese club practice to disclose all financial elements of the deal.

Back