• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Matheus Nunes

I hate seeing him on the end of chances for us, if he's used in a defensive context sparingly then he's inoffensive enough

I hate seeing him on the end of chances for us

Aye, it's the same feeling as when your kids want to do the washing up for some pocket money. Like you let them do it but you're wincing at the inevitability of how bad it'll turn out and you'd be much better off just doing it yourself

I don't think we'll sell Donk but he'll surely want to play as regularly as possible in a World Cup year, no?

All this chat about us selling Neto, Neves etc seems way wide of the mark (I admit it's generally fans of other clubs doing it). We're trying to improve our squad and first 11, we've needed extra bodies for weeks - why would we sell?!

I still think Adama is the most likely to leave if a suitable offer comes in. I don't think we want to sell MGW but it would be hard to turn Forest down if they come back in with anything in the late £30m mark. We may be more open to it now Guedes & Nunes are here.

Can't see MGW going when Bruno has sung his praises for weeks and says he's central to the plan. More likely to be Adama leaving, especially if say someone like Leeds comes in for him and offers him regular football: he's very much an impact sub for us now.

I don't think we'll sell Donk but he'll surely want to play as regularly as possible in a World Cup year, no?
The World Cup starts in three months. Unless he plays literally 0 minutes in the next 14 games (which won't happen) then he'll go, he plays regularly enough for Belgium, they aren't going to totally flip on him in that time frame regardless of what's happening at Wolves. Plus as I say, who is going to buy him and match his current salary. If you can afford it then you can also afford a better player for the same money.

Coady was different as he has a much more tenuous grip on his international place.

Belgium/Martinez know what Donck is. Him playing or not makes no difference. Witsel is first choice and Donck plays when he is injured or past it. Onana is on the radar now I guess but Donck will go and be backup. I imagine that would be the same whether the WC was tomorrow or November

Not being an expert on Portuguese/Brazilian pronunciations, how should we say Nunes? Nooness? Nunyesh?

I don’t think we need MGW now, take the money from forest and add it to the striker kitty. Get a top notch striker and away we go :)
keep MGW his movement to find space is excellent and will always be an out ball for Nunes, he also has good awareness to lay balls off to Nunes.

i have no.problems with his flicks as long as he is doing them on the edge of there box not ours, and not every time, but trying a flick to create a chance is risky, but playing it safe does not create chances

Can't see MGW going when Bruno has sung his praises for weeks and says he's central to the plan. More likely to be Adama leaving, especially if say someone like Leeds comes in for him and offers him regular football: he's very much an impact sub for us now.
😉

Just Nun-es is fine. Nobody from Portugal expects us to be able to pronounce Neves properly, it's the same here.

As long as you don't say Nu-Nyez. That's the Spanish way like Darwin Nuñez.

Uti says 'Noo-nos', which doesn't seem right at all. Is Uti Portuguese?

He looks/sounds Indian to me

An online pronunciation tool pronounced it 'Noo-niss'

Back