• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2015-16

Where will we finish?

• Total voters
I don't know yet where we will come, not that I'm very good at predicting. At least top 10, but I need to know a couple of things before I vote.

Need to see what KJ does when the loan window opens esp. now we've lost Dicko.

Also need to see what happens when Batth returns, will he be recovered and how will he cope without Stearman.
Also need to see Wallace play.

Very hard to judge presently. With Sako and Dicko gone/out that's 30 goals and a dozen or so assists taken out of the side so we have to rely heavily on the likes of Byrne and Wallace who haven't played at this level and hope Afobe and Alf do their bit. On top of this is the defence, I can see us looking somewhat disjointed while several key players adjust and then seeing a much better side in the new year but points dropped pre Christmas will cost us, again.

ALF will score as many as Dicko would have IMO.

Dicko is as much about his strength and movement as his goals. We don't have another player like him, so we either need one or we need to adapt our style. I'm not convinced that either Afobe or ALF can play the 1 in a 4411/451 as he can

Tony is right. We don't have anyone to play the role Dicko has played in the past, and we all saw the dire consequences of that last season didn't we?

We are going to have to adapt the way we play to adjust to the available playing staff in my view.

Tony is right. We don't have anyone to play the role Dicko has played in the past, and we all saw the dire consequences of that last season didn't we?

We are going to have to adapt the way we play to adjust to the available playing staff in my view.

I would agree with that. Less direct and more about getting players with the ball running at defenders. Use quick passing and sharp movement and eliminate the aerial route. No place for Edwards in that team, we need ball players like Wallace, Afobe and McDonald to really take the game to the opposition at pace.

At the risk of sounding like Frank, I still think we'll make top 6, of course Dicko is a big loss but don't think we'll miss Stearmans experience too much and of course we were never gunna replace Sako like for like, on the plus side the additions of Ojo, Wallace, Coady and Byrne will surely make us stronger overall.

I think we have the quality in the team to be top 6, the team will grow as the season progresses, will be interesting to see if we get the striker loan to replace Dicko right this season or mess it up twice like last season. I would be excited however if by the end of the season Bryne, Wallace & Ojo had stepped up and cemented regular positions behind Afobe.

As with all managers the fans will ultimately decide. If we were in the bottom 6 come late November and the vitriol is aimed at Jackett then I could see him going, but I don't think we will be and I think the fans will go for M&M first

As nice a guy as KJ is, could his limit be a mid table Championship team ? We have seen the same scenario with MM - a great manager to get you up, but unable to build much from there. I hope KJ can turn it round, but his current tinkering with players at this stage of the season is bewildering.

Managers get paid to make decisions. Whether you agree with those decisions or not, you have to trust them, and hope they make the right ones.

Back