• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Swansea Verdict thread

I can see why Fer was sent off, there was no attempt for the ball it was just a kick to stop Costa. I certainly don't think it's the worst red I've ever seen.

Exactly, and I expect that the referee will report it as kicking an opponent, which is a red card offence. I expect Swansea to appeal, and they might be successful as it did look more a yellow than a red, but if the referee stands by his original decision then Swansea will find it difficult to get the red card overturned.

The stick Bright was getting from the North Bank was ridiculous. There is a fair few in there wanting him to fail and take great delight at him making a mistake. For an academy graduate of the club to being holding his own in the current squad / division should be applauded and not derided.

Rephrase that please. 'A small section of the North Bank

I never heard any abuse towards Bright.

Exactly, and I expect that the referee will report it as kicking an opponent, which is a red card offence. I expect Swansea to appeal, and they might be successful as it did look more a yellow than a red, but if the referee stands by his original decision then Swansea will find it difficult to get the red card overturned.

This is where the system is a farce. If the referee doesn't have the balls to admit they have made an error, they don't get overturned.

Rephrase that please. 'A small section of the North Bank

I never heard any abuse towards Bright.

Yes it should read a small section. Apologies to any North Bankers I may have offended.

Didn’t think Vinagre was a red in the ground - it was.

Thought Fer’s tackle looked worse in the ground - it probably wasn’t.

The stick Bright was getting from the North Bank was ridiculous. There is a fair few in there wanting him to fail and take great delight at him making a mistake. For an academy graduate of the club to being holding his own in the current squad / division should be applauded and not derided.
And he's still only 20!

I'm in the lower and definitely heard it too. When he had the early goal disallowed and the well saved shot there was nothing but then it got worse and worse until the mis when i heard a couple shouting sub him even before the sending off. When he was pulled it was "I ay clapping 'im fuck 'im" we have some proper cunts for supporters.

Was quite happy with the teamsheet.

Thought Hause was great and his energy, pace, movement for passes, passing are good enough to work in this team and he got up and dealt with most headers well.

MGW looks fab. Was so sorry for him getting subbed when he was playing quite well. Looks like he can easily do what say Jack Price can do and then some, and then some, and then some.

I want both to get into the team but how!... Crazy times.

Wtf was Mir's first shot? Lawl. Looks handy though - perhaps we can ping in a few more high balls now when he's on, already looking way better with his bonce than Bonatini. But will he be anywhere near as good at linking play? We'll see

Bright. Feel like since he's come back from not being in the team there's been a big change to his play. Like he's been working on picking up the ball and seeking others out (/quicker) and forward runs etc have been cut way back so that when he's on the ball things are more simple. Like he's being moulded into a playmaker when I'm not sure what he was only a few months back. He was a getontheballandfuckiter. He's a lot quicker now making decisions I think at least. Thought I'd give him some credit as I gave him enough stick earlier on in season

Liked what I saw of Rafa. That header at the end looked in from where I was stood

Never heard any stick towards Bright where I was either btw, got a standing ovation when he went off. Thought he played really well.

Shoutout to Alf as well. The 1 man midfield train. Got to love him as a squad player, he puts in all the effort when called upon.

Yeah Alfie was my MOTM. Dominant performance.

Never heard any stick towards Bright where I was either btw, got a standing ovation when he went off. Thought he played really well.
it's not stick per se, it's the fucking collective groaning when he doesn't do something vaguely what people think he should...it fucking riles me.

Bonatini lost the ball and no one moans at all,minute later Bright runs into some players and it's spaff spaff spaff.

All that said, recently he seems to be releasing the ball quicker than he was doing (although the only reason it feels like he holds onto it longer is because of the fans over reactions imo)

Hope we get one of the replays picked for TV. Might have a chance judging from the ones so far - presumably they’ll take Norwich-Chelsea first, but if they take more than one then it could be us or Fleetwood-Leicester I suppose. (And notwithstanding any more unexpected draws tomorrow.)

The Fer one was definitely a yellow, but wish they started giving reds for it as it would eliminate it from the game - it’s just cheating.

Back