• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-0 Swansea Verdict thread

I actually think the Fer one is a red. There's a difference between cynically body checking someone to stop them running away from you and aiming a clear kick at someone from behind. There's also the fact that he'd just hauled Costa to the floor in the build up to the foul.

The Fer one was definitely a yellow, but wish they started giving reds for it as it would eliminate it from the game - it’s just cheating.

Ref's judged it to be kicking an opponent, I think. But deserves a red whatever - as you say, Penk, just out and out cheating

The ball is so far away it's been judged as violent conduct rather than a cynical foul, the same as if he'd done that to Costa if the ball was out of play or elsewhere on the pitch.

If you get a yellow for pulling an opponent’s shirt kicking them so cynically is deserving of greater punishment so I applaud Taylor for his decision.

Vinagre was a ref and so was Fer's it was not just a trip it was a kick as he ran away from him. A pull back / Trip are yellows, when someone takes a straight forward kicknat someone it's violent conduct and thats what the ref will say.

The ball is so far away it's been judged as violent conduct rather than a cynical foul, the same as if he'd done that to Costa if the ball was out of play or elsewhere on the pitch.
There's nothing violent about it, I've seen butterflies hit with more force than Fer did. [emoji23]

It's a standard non-event professional foul that you see pretty much every game, Bennett's been praised several times by many this season for his mastery of the 'dark arts' but now everyone thinks this is a justified red, it's nonsense.

There's nothing violent about it, I've seen butterflies hit with more force than Fer did. [emoji23]

It's a standard non-event professional foul that you see pretty much every game, Bennett's been praised several times by many this season for his mastery of the 'dark arts' but now everyone thinks this is a justified red, it's nonsense.
If you read higher up the thread, you'll see I said I didn't think it was a red. I was explaining why it was given as one.

But its nit it was a kick.there is nothing in the rules about the force required for a kick, head but, or punch.
A trip is a pl ayer clipping someones heels that was straight forward Kick to an opponent thats a red card

If that's a violent conduct red card, we need to pack up and go home. Bennet and Saiss dish out bigger boots game in, game out

Vinagre a red but not malicious but agree with most that's really harsh on Fer. Only from the highlights but looks like Nordfelt had a blinder.

But its nit it was a kick.there is nothing in the rules about the force required for a kick, head but, or punch.
A trip is a pl ayer clipping someones heels that was straight forward Kick to an opponent thats a red card
Fer just poked a foot out to trip him, take the gold tinted glasses off Jock.

If that's a violent conduct red card, we need to pack up and go home. Bennet and Saiss dish out bigger boots game in, game out
Really don't get these sort of comments. Do we pay to watch football or substandard wrestling?

Wrestling?! I don't mind a professional foul. As with Fer yesterday, generally very little malice or chance of injury but serves a very useful purpose for the team at times, it's underhand but it's part of the game in my eyes. It'd ruin a 5-a-side kick about if people just held their hands up and admitted defeat whenever their man got past them, never mind a professional game.

Really don't get these sort of comments. Do we pay to watch football or substandard wrestling?

No, do we pay to have games ruined by pathetic red cards? If that fer challenge is a red, we'll be watching 8-a-side on the hour mark. Violent or dangerous play absolutely needs punishing. That wasn't approaching either

It's dull and ruins the flow of games. Lost count of the amount of cynical fouls on Costa yesterday. I want to watch football, not slower players kicking better faster players. Not interested in paying to watch 5 a side, so they can carry on if they like.

No, do we pay to have games ruined by pathetic red cards? If that fer challenge is a red, we'll be watching 8-a-side on the hour mark. Violent or dangerous play absolutely needs punishing. That wasn't approaching either
For a week maybe then players would stop it. Happened very quickly with tackles from behind and elbows to the head.

It's dull and ruins the flow of games. Lost count of the amount of cynical fouls on Costa yesterday. I want to watch football, not slower players kicking better faster players. Not interested in paying to watch 5 a side, so they can carry on if they like.
Red cards for time wasting then? Far more of a bore than a split second trip where play can often be restarted immediately.

You'd think it was like John Hartson booting Benayoun in the bonce reading some of this :icon_lol:

Red cards for time wasting then? Far more of a bore than a split second trip where play can often be restarted immediately.
Yep, happy with that. The sight of a prem team time-wasting on their own corner kick in the 90th min was laughable yesterday.

Back