• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Craig Pawson: The Verdict

I cannot abide Rafa Benitez. This hasn't made me detest him any less.

He's a fucking moron.

Lascelles saying Mitrovic was pushed into keeper?! He slowed down behind Stearman and then at last minute left a foot in. Dirty bastard

Yeah there was no-one even behind him.

Was hoping to see all the incidents but the official wolves youtube highlights don't show the stamp on Ikeme or the "penalty" incident

Cheers Dan...I'm sorry, how did he not get at least a yellow for that challenge? His connection with Ikeme started at the knee and down to the foot. How was Lacelles not offside and interfering with play when he came back and set the goal up? How did the referee not see the hand knock the ball down? We've had some shit referees this season but they are usually just shit for everyone, this guy and his "team" were just inept at best

I try not to blame refs for defeats, after all we must have had our own failings somewhere along the line if we've lost. But this clownshoe and the moron who reffed our games at Villa and Norwich (same guy both times) have cost us points, definitely.

Newcastle fans elsewhere are saying Stearman should've been sent off in the 3rd minute. Can anyone remember what incident they're referring to because there aren't any highlights of it (almost as if it isn't worth showing) and for the life of me I can't remember anything happening?

Just blocked off Mitrovic when they played a quick free kick into the box. Probably could have been a further free kick (just outside the area) but as the square headed, neck tattooed twat was getting nowhere near the ball even if Stears hadn't intervened it was nothing like a red card.

The Colback one on one also came as a result of Diame going right over the ball after his elephantine first touch and ramming his studs right on Stears' knee if we're talking about unpunished incidents. Seen a red for those before.

Newcastle fans elsewhere are saying Stearman should've been sent off in the 3rd minute. Can anyone remember what incident they're referring to because there aren't any highlights of it (almost as if it isn't worth showing) and for the life of me I can't remember anything happening?

He ran across Mitrovic and either intentionally or unintentionally blocked him.

This has to be the incident with Diame. Stearman was down for a good 2 minutes after it and like DW says Colback nearly scored in that move. I thought at the time that Diame had gone over the ball but haven't seen a replay so couldn't say for sure that he did.

He did, if you were being charitable you'd say it was accidental. I'm not sure though as he pulled off an absolute shocker at St James' when we played them from memory.

I don't blame the ref. for us losing, but I do blame him for bottling the 2nd yellow for Mitrovic, and I blame the assistant ref. for not flagging Lascelles offside at their goal.

We didn't have a shot on target until the 86th minute, that's not the ref's fault.

We are now only 6pts above the drop zone and need to get some points pretty sharpish or we'll be facing our worst nightmare.

My Twitter feed today has been full of tweets liked by Tim Spiers from angry Newcastle fans abusing him.

Brittany Spiers is really really terrible at trolling..

Morning Lads,

I think a draw would probably have been a palatable result for both sides and while Mitrovic's challenge on the 'keeper should probably have been a yellow, I don't think the first incident should have resulted in a card. It was obviously (and understandably) targeted by your lads because he's an idiot who struggles to keep his composure. But for the Ref to show a yellow card for a forward challenging a defender for a high ball is a bit silly, even if the ref claims it was for "persistent", well two isn't persistent in my book.

He could have had a penalty early doors, but it would have been a soft one, after that he was pushed and pulled, shoved and shook in an attempt to get a reaction. A tactic that is perfectly fine and it behoves him to learn how to deal with that, so no complaints from me about it.

Thought our defence was imperious, denying you a shot on goal until the 86th minute is no mean feat and the centre halfs deserved joint MotM imo. That Enobakhare kid has some lovely touches and were our backline not in the mood, he could have carved out some excellent chances.

re: the goal, was Lascelles "active" as the first shot came in, or did he become active after your defender cleared it at him? I dunno enough about the various interpretations of the Offside Law, but I totally understand it's a bitch of a goal to cost you points.

Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.

My only point about what you have said Fish is that Mitrovic's first challenge on Batth should have been a yellow anyway so the one he got it for being soft doesn't really matter

Back