• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Craig Pawson: The Verdict

and yet again we saw yesterday just what Edwards does best - fuck all. he had the chance to put Dicko through on goal and couldn't make a simple pass.

Bod was just as guilty when he checked back inside a defender down the left side of the box, and instead of squaring back to an unmarked Dicko he played it to Edwards at the near post.

The reality is Edwards cannot complain if he is dropped after that, others have played better and been dropped for less. If Saiss is not going to get a look in I would quite like to see Evans alongside Price, I think they have different qualities but both can pass a football and we need that. Bright is starting to make that no 10 spot his now but he and the wingers need feeding with better balls from the deeper midfielders (no innuendo intended :D) and we need a bit more of a presence up top ie Bod over Dicko.

Several times yesterday Edwards first touch let him down, that wouldn't be acceptable in league 1 let alone the championship. If his scoring run is coming to an end running around a lot and pressing just isn't enough of a contribution.

I also wonder why Ronan hasnt been involved since Barnsley, he was brilliant that game and hasn't featured since, perhaps he has a knock??

The reality is Edwards cannot complain if he is dropped after that, others have played better and been dropped for less. If Saiss is not going to get a look in I would quite like to see Evans alongside Price, I think they have different qualities but both can pass a football and we need that. Bright is starting to make that no 10 spot his now but he and the wingers need feeding with better balls from the deeper midfielders (no innuendo intended :D) and we need a bit more of a presence up top ie Bod over Dicko.

Several times yesterday Edwards first touch let him down, that wouldn't be acceptable in league 1 let alone the championship. If his scoring run is coming to an end running around a lot and pressing just isn't enough of a contribution.

I also wonder why Ronan hasnt been involved since Barnsley, he was brilliant that game and hasn't featured since, perhaps he has a knock??
He's been on the bench for both first team games since and played 45 mins for the U23's including scoring. He's not injured, just the victim of poor management, particularly when it comes to putting Marshall on the left wing two matches running to try and win/save a game.

Marshall looks no better than Byrne , Wallace or Henry - just 'another old boy' from PL's past

Marshall looks no better than Byrne , Wallace or Henry - just 'another old boy' from PL's past

I must admit I was not over impressed when we went in for Marshall. He really is no better than what we already have.

And for the life of me I cannot understand why Lambert didn't bring a striker in during the transfer window.

I don't think we can judge him on two sub appearances when he's not match fit. Give the guy a chance to get a run going and then we'll see

Yeah let's judge him after 2 sub appearances when Lambert has already said he's well short of fitness having not trained with Blackburn for a good few weeks.

Let's give him a chance, maybe?

I didn't want us to sign him, but I still think that's harsh Mick. He isn't fit and was probably signed as a right back, therefore being shoved on the left wing as he has for both games is bizarre. I blame the manager for that, not the player.

Yeah let's judge him after 2 sub appearances when Lambert has already said he's well short of fitness having not trained with Blackburn for a good few weeks.

If he's not fit he should not be picked. I think he will turn out to be a poor signing, but who knows I am usually wrong....!

so why bring him on then - there were better options.

We need to wait to see him on the right before we decide on him.

The comparison with Henry is a fair one. He's average Championship fare we didn't need. And it's bloody stupid management to pick an unfit player when you have better options.

However you dress it up it's piss poor at the moment (cup results aside). I don't see a lot different from Zenga's early days and we are still in the same position. There is something desperately wrong with our club at the moment.

No pace with a decent delivery. He's basically James Henry, although Henrys delivery went completely.

I'm a bit confused over Marshall, his two appearances so far have been dreadful but he's been played left wing and unfit. He's a right sided midfielder/right back not a left winger. I dont think its fair to write him off after 2 shirt sub appearances though, I'd rather he was given time to train, regain fitness and then play in a position he's suited for.

I'm a bit confused over Marshall, his two appearances so far have been dreadful but he's been played left wing and unfit. He's a right sided midfielder/right back not a left winger. I dont think its fair to write him off after 2 shirt sub appearances though, I'd rather he was given time to train, regain fitness and then play in a position he's suited for.

He started his career as a number 10 type of forward (not the advanced midfielder type we see more of now) and then went wide left or right as he's genuinely 2 footed. But he's always lacked pace and end product throughout his career. It is only Lambert who has played him at right back so don't for one minute think that's his natural position.

I'm no way writing PL off yet, we're way more organized than under Zenga although no better off points or results wise. Having said that what on earth was he thinking putting an unfit right back/midfielder on the left wing when Ronan (although not his best position) has done a decent job there already this season

So why play him if he isnt fit. He is an average championship footballer who will add nothing to our squad.

Marshall was a very odd substitution, particularly where he was asked to play - did him no favours (or us in the context of the game)

Back