• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Craig Pawson: The Verdict

We need a Mcdonald type of player. All we have are runners. Our passing at times was woeful, kept giving the ball back when there was no pressure to do so.

His name is Saiss. His passing is better than km

I thought Newcastle were rubbish. We were the better team. No real complaints from me about the performance.

Like Siggy, I was gutted when Bright went off. Every touch he had was a good one. The kid is a real talent.

Unfortunately, I can't see Dicko scoring from inside the box at the moment.

Something must be wrong with our tactics as well if our strikers have only managed two goals between them.

His name is Saiss. His passing is better than km

On the basis of watching him a handful of times I have to laugh at that assessement. For all that Macca lacked he was exceptional for us.

I just don't get the love in for Saiss, he may be good but his general performances for Wolves haven't suggested he is. I may be biased as I didn't see his one good game at Newcastle though...

On the basis of watching him a handful of times I have to laugh at that assessement. For all that Macca lacked he was exceptional for us.

Saiss is better. He needs the sort of run in the side km got. He is quicker, better positionally, better vision and better defensively. He can't prove it without games.km was a decent championship midfielder. Saiss could be premier

Go to bed. I shall not be having anymore of your nonsense tonight..

Thought that the difference between the two sides were the centre halves. Theirs were excellent, didn't give us a sniff.

Bright and Evans the pick of our players. Both have to start against Wigan.

Thought that the difference between the two sides were the centre halves. Theirs were excellent, didn't give us a sniff.

Bright and Evans the pick of our players. Both have to start against Wigan.

Not sure on Evans yet, too much safe passing in the second half. Many times he could've got the ball forwards but choose to knock it backwards where Danny 'Beckenbaur' Batth would strike the ball with pinpoint accuracy to a Newcastle defenders head.

I thought we were devoid of ideas in the main and certainly need better quality on the ball in the middle. Having said all of that I didn't think we were too bad as a team and thought Lambert made us worse with some truly bizarre subs and a formation change the players didn't know what to do with.

Yet to be convinced by him.

Just rewatched the highlights, I can't believe mitrovich didn't get a red. That was a really bad decision.

The pen towards the end was rock solid but probably difficult for the ref to see at speed.

Either way, I felt Newcastle weren't really worried by our attacking play, to the extent they didn't really mark Dicko but did double up on Costa and Bodvarrson. Taking Bright off was a really poor decision, he was having one of his best games in a Wolves shirt, starting to move the ball quickly and beat men, the issue was Nouha and the runs he was making didn't drag any defenders out of position.

We need a creative midfielder and a proven goalscorer. With those two positions filled I don't think we are too far off.
I took my stepson (Newcastle fanatic) yesterday and he thought Newcastle were really poor. I thought they were solid and difficult to beat.
If they get promoted they need to buy big time.

We lacked pace and a bit of cleverness yesterday. Just banging balls into the channels is not enough. Subs were also strange.
Bright & Price were our best players.

Interestingly, Newcastle fans all over social media last night were furious with the performance of the referee and couldn't understand what Wolves fans were on about when we were complaining about Mitrovic being on the pitch. I read many comments yesterday evening from Newcastle followers saying that WE had the rub of the green from the referee! :icon_lol:

The complete flip side viewpoint of a game of football.

Haha yes agreed :)

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Interestingly, Newcastle fans all over social media last night were furious with the performance of the referee and couldn't understand what Wolves fans were on about when we were complaining about Mitrovic being on the pitch. I read many comments yesterday evening from Newcastle followers saying that WE had the rub of the green from the referee! :icon_lol:

Doesn't surprise they thought Mark Halsey had a good game all those years back when he missed numerous game changing decision's.

The ref was giving quite a lot of soft foulds our way to be fair, might be this they are pissed about. Still doesn't take away from the fact he royally fucked us with bottling the red card and missing the handball.

Final word, a team about to get promoted will have that little bit of luck/skill/confidence to win games like this and thats what happened here.. We move on..

Who'd be a referee, both teams claiming the ref favoured the other team

i thought our choice of subs was poor. Bright was showing some neat skills and beating a man, whereas Edwards & Weimann were not producing anything. Would have liked to have seen Ronan coming on too_One consolation was that Saville remained benched - would have liked Saiss in for him on tuesday.

I don't think we are going to see Saiss in anything other than an emergency, Lambert doesn't fancy him. Around Xmas we had the unconvincing 'need to see how the team can cope without him' narrative now it's he's not quite ready to come back after the competition. Both are bollocks.

Back