• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Craig Pawson: The Verdict

Morning Lads,

I think a draw would probably have been a palatable result for both sides and while Mitrovic's challenge on the 'keeper should probably have been a yellow, I don't think the first incident should have resulted in a card. It was obviously (and understandably) targeted by your lads because he's an idiot who struggles to keep his composure. But for the Ref to show a yellow card for a forward challenging a defender for a high ball is a bit silly, even if the ref claims it was for "persistent", well two isn't persistent in my book.

He could have had a penalty early doors, but it would have been a soft one, after that he was pushed and pulled, shoved and shook in an attempt to get a reaction. A tactic that is perfectly fine and it behoves him to learn how to deal with that, so no complaints from me about it.

Thought our defence was imperious, denying you a shot on goal until the 86th minute is no mean feat and the centre halfs deserved joint MotM imo. That Enobakhare kid has some lovely touches and were our backline not in the mood, he could have carved out some excellent chances.

re: the goal, was Lascelles "active" as the first shot came in, or did he become active after your defender cleared it at him? I dunno enough about the various interpretations of the Offside Law, but I totally understand it's a bitch of a goal to cost you points.

Cheers and good luck for the rest of the season.
He touched the ball a mere half a second after he was offside. Whether the resultant ball came off a Wolves player or not, he then became active and should have been flagged.

My only point about what you have said Fish is that Mitrovic's first challenge on Batth should have been a yellow anyway so the one he got it for being soft doesn't really matter
Well, obviously we're both biased, but Mitrovic has a reputation and suffers for it. I think if Daryl Murphy had challenged your centreback he wouldn't have rec'd a yellow and had he challenged your 'keeper for a loose ball he wouldn't have been booked ther either.

A second foul isn't (in my eyes) "persistent fouling".

He touched the ball a mere half a second after he was offside. Whether the resultant ball came off a Wolves player or not, he then became active and should have been flagged.

It's hard to criticise the officials when the incident was so complex and happened at such a pace. If you criticise them for missing a potential offside, you'd also have to criticise them for missing a handball in the build up to that chance.

Back