• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

But ultimately Adama has had clear cut goal scoring chances in both matches. Raul gets those chances instead and we’re sitting on 6 points with two wins.

Difficult to be anything other than optimistic, really. Although Bruno desperately needs some support from Jeff Shi.
Raul missed two great chances today. He is actually very hit and miss. Scores the impossible but misses easier chances.

But ultimately Adama has had clear cut goal scoring chances in both matches. Raul gets those chances instead and we’re sitting on 6 points with two wins.

Difficult to be anything other than optimistic, really. Although Bruno desperately needs some support from Jeff Shi.
But Raul doesn't get those chances.

I think it's important to point out that the bigger mistake for their goal was from Neves rather than Sa.
Have watched back now and it’s true. I actually think Sa was excellent today and his reactions/distribution means we can get away with the high line.

The front 3 are just not quite on the same wavelength yet, it will come.
Hopefully very soon, or we could find ourselves in a bit of trouble. It doesn't take long for losses to start hitting confidence, even if you are playing well.

Lack of goals again the problem. How are we going to change that? Raul getting up to speed helps, wasted a few today and could have put a few on a plate with better decisions.

We need a CB and a CM. But that isn’t going to mean Trincao, Traore, Moutinho, Neves, Semedo, Marcal start scoring goals.

Sign the CB and CM and get to the back 4. Marcal isn’t a WB and neither is Semedo really. Gets an extra attacking player on to help with the goals.

Have watched back now and it’s true. I actually think Sa was excellent today and his reactions/distribution means we can get away with the high line.
Sa is an upgrade on Rui from what i've seen so far. You can see in the training videos that he has good distribution, and they are constantly working on it in training.

The next week is key for me for at least a signing arriving, I get the point made earlier maybe they are waiting on movement elsewhere or value lowering, but you can't play hardball too long to the expense of your own squad.

If he wanted to leave then not a lot you can do, but reading the details of the Mir deal I'd rather have kept him given they have made what 8.5 million before other cuts are taken out of it? he sounded okay about playing for Wolves and reported for training, people keep putting out the 'he could sign a pre contract in January' but so what, he'd still have been a Wolves player till the end of the season, I'd rather have had players and options. I pretty much give up hope when I see Silva coming off the bench now as a late attacking threat, hoping he starts and does well in the League cup is very different to expecting him to save you versus Leicester or Spurs.

Not convinced yet by Trinçao yet, would rather have played MGW.
Aye, I'm not feeling him atm really, I think he's going struggle with the pace of the Premier League. And I know it always seems more obvious for lefties, but he looks pretty easy to defend

Hopefully very soon, or we could find ourselves in a bit of trouble. It doesn't take long for losses to start hitting confidence, even if you are playing well.
Nobody told Brighton that last season tbf.

Not really sure what his strengths are. Seems 6/10 at everything without stand out attributes. Not quick or strong and very one footed. But the delivery and shooting from that left foot aren’t special so far and although his dribbling is decent it’s not at top levels.

Bit of a poor mans Mahrez and rich mans James Henry.

Aye, I'm not feeling him atm really, I think he's going struggle with the pace of the Premier League. And I know it always seems more obvious for lefties, but he looks pretty easy to defend
Thought he was at least dangerous today. Will need to build some understanding with Semedo but that should come. He works his socks off which you cannot say about a lot of lightweight wingers, so that was nice to see, too.

He needs to get a grip on how fullbacks in the Prem will suss out his left foot, but he still managed to run Reguilon absolutely ragged. There's a defender who will sleep like a log tonight.

Morgan isn't a winger any day of the week, though. When he came on against Leicester he played between attack and midfield.

Do think it's a bit odd that he didn't come on at all today, though. Maybe a bid's come in? (Wild speculation there but I imagine some Championship club would be stoked to have Morgan on loan).

Morgan isn't a winger any day of the week, though. When he came on against Leicester he played between attack and midfield.

Do think it's a bit odd that he didn't come on at all today, though. Maybe a bid's come in? (Wild speculation there but I imagine some Championship club would be stoked to have Morgan on loan).
I can't imagine he would be loaned with how lightweight we are currently.

Just read on the Wolves Analytics Twitter that it took us until March to reach 42 shots for the 20/21 season…

Back