• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Sa has to come out there or else its a free shot on goal. The gamble is though, you get the timing out by a fraction and its going to be a penalty.
It’s frustrating though as Alli has no interest in scoring. He’s knocking it round the keeper and waiting for the contact. Sa pulls out and Alli initiates the contact but Sa has over committed giving him that opportunity. Not sure he needs to go in like that. Get close and force a decision and Alli would have panicked. Gave him the option he was looking for though.

It’s frustrating though as Alli has no interest in scoring. He’s knocking it round the keeper and waiting for the contact. Sa pulls out and Alli initiates the contact but Sa has over committed giving him that opportunity. Not sure he needs to go in like that. Get close and force a decision and Alli would have panicked. Gave him the option he was looking for though.
Sa has to come out, he just takes a moment too long to recognize that. That allows Alli the touch, etc.

Possibly a downside to the speed he moves off his line. He does the right thing in coming out but has he got there too quickly. A situation he shouldn't be in considering a few seconds earlier we were in possession and ready to start an attack

That's certainly another interpretation of it! 😂

If we can get two up top with Traore and Trincao wide left and right, we might get similar from Traore cutting inside but with an extra striker to give us more goal threat.

Can't do that until we can play four at the back though.

Possibly a downside to the speed he moves off his line. He does the right thing in coming out but has he got there too quickly. A situation he shouldn't be in considering a few seconds earlier we were in possession and ready to start an attack

Sa has to come out, he just takes a moment too long to recognize that. That allows Alli the touch, etc.
Obviously he’s got to come out. That’s what I said. But not to the point of overcomittment. Tight so you’ve narrowed the angle and are covering a shot but not to the point if he knocks it past your in his way. As I said Alli was looking for it, so if he bluffs and pulls up a little quicker then Alli is either getting booked for diving or looking silly kicking it out for GK.

But 100% giving the ball away how we did is a shocker and is the bigger issue. Dissapointing as really not been impressed by Spurs but have got 6 points without having to really create anything

So if we get new signings the mistakes will stop ?

As I said, a mistake from an otherwise reliable player like today is hard to mitigate, but generally if you're replacing the more error prone players then yes. You know as well as I that you cant eradicate errors but it happens too often for it to be ignored further.

Obviously he’s got to come out. That’s what I said. But not to the point of overcomittment. Tight so you’ve narrowed the angle and are covering a shot but not to the point if he knocks it past your in his way. As I said Alli was looking for it, so if he bluffs and pulls up a little quicker then Alli is either getting booked for diving or looking silly kicking it out for GK.

But 100% giving the ball away how we did is a shocker and is the bigger issue. Dissapointing as really not been impressed by Spurs but have got 6 points without having to really create anything
Alli played the ball wide of Sa and then left his right leg hanging out to make it look like a foul. Players do this all the time and referees fall for it. Sa did nothing wrong. Atwell was conned and VAR were conned. Still don't understand why as it's as plain as day.

Definitely get like Adama was moving off the ball a lot more today than I’m used to seeing, he looked really good. I actually think the goals are coming for him soon, which I’ve never really felt before

Alli played the ball wide of Sa and then left his right leg hanging out to make it look like a foul. Players do this all the time and referees fall for it. Sa did nothing wrong. Atwell was conned and VAR were conned. Still don't understand why as it's as plain as day.
He did. He’s already going down before it too.

But Sa still had forward momentum. If he didn’t he’d have been fine.

Refs fall for it all the time because keepers give them a decision to make.

I keep reading/hearing "Neto would have scored Adama's chances", "Raul would have scored Adama's chances", " a decent striker would have scored Adama's chances"

In none of those situations do Neto or Raul or any other player in the world have the pace to blaze past the Leicester defence with the first chance, the strength to smash a 6ft6 CB out the way to create the second, or have the pace to get on to a brilliant pass from Neves today.

It's really frustrating that he misses those chances, but if we don't have Adama we don't get those chances, his uniquely amazing attributes create those chances.

And to be honest, other than those 3 clear cut chances i'm not sure we've created anything else of note?

We absolutely must to everything we can to keep Adama.

That's Adama's last week in a nutshell.

There's so much to admire about his performance today but he needs to work on his finishing.
As said in the match thread, a player so quick of pace and with his feet should be going around the keeper, at worst he gets tripped by the keeper, at best he scores.

Adama thoughtfully trying to place it just seems at odds with Adama as a player

Back