• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

Bottom paragraph first try attracting genuine quality to the club when you’re 5 points adrift.
Secondly try having multiple dealings in that window too. To makes more competitive he needs at least 1-2 CH, 1 RB, 1 CF & probably 1-2 AM/W.
Good luck doing that sought of business in January window.
I’m not saying that’s it pack up it’s all over, but the odds are against us.
Put it this way if you were an outsider looking in and you were asked to pick your 3 to go down everyone would have us in their bottom 3.
He still has 2-3 games before any new signings can make an instant impact. By then we’ll have 20 games left and you’re totally reliant on new signings hitting the ground running.
As I said he’s a good coach but not the oracle and the damage caused may be to big to repair in just 23 matches.
May as well give up now then eh?

I don't think football or Wolves are for you.

Over and over and over again.

And you say you're not miserable?

What exactly do you get from posting such misery constantly?

Trolling again Johnny?
Carrying something over from another thread?
Said it again if you have such an issue send me a private message and I’ll happily talk to you there.
Don’t troll and dig people out for something irrelevant to the actual thread to try and make yourself look bigger and better in front of the rest of the forum.
Reality is I don’t abuse anyone, I make my points clear and try and back it up.
You’re just making yourself look very arrogant frankly.

Not wishing to interrupt your discussion, but I think this underestimates the damage Lage did to morale and confidence. Even yesterday, when I thought we overall played alright you could see the heart sucked out of them when that first goal went in. Lop has a massive job to do with a number of players, Semedo, Jonny, RAN, Collins, Kilman to name 5 mentally before he can do anything tactically. If it wasn't for the WC, I'd say we're gone as we'd be playing games whilst he tries to build that confidence back and probably losing most of them, it's the break that gives me hope.

Ultimately 5 points adrift is a pretty big hole, but it's only the hole most have been predicting for the last month or so, we aren't really any more doomed now than we were then and in theory have a good manager to come in, I do think we need 4 points from the 3 games before we can do anything to fix the squad though, we can't let the gap get any bigger
Leicester are the benchmark here so it is doable and it's not like the squad is shit. We just need one or two players.

They happen to be strikers.

Based on yesterday if we had the same set up we could even just add one striker to play with Guedes and it would make a difference.

Trolling again Johnny?
Carrying something over from another thread?
Said it again if you have such an issue send me a private message and I’ll happily talk to you there.
Don’t troll and dig people out for something irrelevant to the actual thread to try and make yourself look bigger and better in front of the rest of the forum.
Reality is I don’t abuse anyone, I make my points clear and try and back it up.
You’re just making yourself look very arrogant frankly.
It's misery all the time, I genuinely asked you a question.

What do you get out of it?

You've stopped commenting on the game and just descended into 'The world's going to end' stuff.

Every fucking time.

Bottom paragraph first try attracting genuine quality to the club when you’re 5 points adrift.
Secondly try having multiple dealings in that window too. To makes more competitive he needs at least 1-2 CH, 1 RB, 1 CF & probably 1-2 AM/W.
Put it this way if you were an outsider looking in and you were asked to pick your 3 to go down everyone would have us in their bottom 3.
He still has 2-3 games before any new signings can make an instant impact. By then we’ll have 20 games left and you’re totally reliant on new signings hitting the ground running.
As I said he’s a good coach but not the oracle and the damage caused may be to big to repair in just 23 matches.
All those deals Ofcourse won’t be done in one window, but to stay up, we don’t need all that. That is where the bar is, depressingly.

I think you’ve taken my ‘negative drivel’ as a direct dig at you, it wasn’t. I agree with with the majority of what you said in your last post, apart from the need for maybe all those signings.

The negative drivel I was referring to is the ‘we are doomed’ ‘we’re down’ ‘league 1 in 2 years’ crap.

I’m concerned, frustrated but we’re not derby levels, there is a very decent chance we will still be in the prem next year

It's misery all the time, I genuinely asked you a question.

What do you get out of it?

You've stopped commenting on the game and just descended into 'The world's going to end' stuff.

Every fucking time.

All my points are genuine though, didn’t realise there was a happiness rating we have to adhere to.
Maybe just maybe I get so upset from what I see is because I care a lot about the club.

All those deals Ofcourse won’t be done in one window, but to stay up, we don’t need all that. That is where the bar is, depressingly.

I think you’ve taken my ‘negative drivel’ as a direct dig at you, it wasn’t. I agree with with the majority of what you said in your last post, apart from the need for maybe all those signings.

The negative drivel I was referring to is the ‘we are doomed’ ‘we’re down’ ‘league 1 in 2 years’ crap.

I’m concerned, frustrated but we’re not derby levels, there is a very decent chance we will still be in the prem next year

Don’t think I’ve inferred we’re heading to league 1 I don’t even think I’ve said it’s all over. The odds are we will go down if you had to bet on 3 clubs to go down you’d be foolish not to include us in that 3 currently. It’s the reality of where we’re unfortunately.

Don’t think I’ve inferred we’re heading to league 1 I don’t even think I’ve said it’s all over. The odds are we will go down if you had to bet on 3 clubs to go down you’d be foolish not to include us in that 3 currently. It’s the reality of where we’re unfortunately.
Hence why I said I wasn’t digging you out. You happened to respond, and I’ve enjoyed the ‘too and fro’

I think TT said, we are 4/5 to go down currently, which to avoid being pedantic is more or less 50/50, which yea, is about right.

First game back is Everton. If we win that then things look a lot more positive, obviously less so if we lose

I'm trying to be positive this morning, so here goes.

Last night was more of the same. Looked less vulnerable at the back, but no cutting edge and poor decision making in the final third lead to the usual outcome. Interestingly, in his bio Julen suggests that formations are overrated, and that decision making is as much of a factor in scoring goals and achieving results. With six weeks to work on that with the squad, and hopefully an improvement in fitness and morale, we can realistically expect better results for the remaining 23 games. End of season breaks also have a habit of upending form for a variety of reasons. I'm hoping the six weeks interregnum will work in our favour.

We looked well organised in the first half. A bit "Mick against the big teams" but that's ok with where we are. I don't understand how VAR have cocked up the penalty, you have all the information?

We concede a lot down Collins' side, him and whoever is at RB is very Batth/Doherty from November 2014.

Guedes is trying harder but he and Adama lack quality.

Bouba is a really good player.

Big job on, we need 25 points minimum.

What annoys me about the penalty decision is we just keep schtum and accept it. Davis should have been calling the ref and VAR out in the media after the game.

Both Lampard and Conte have done it recently amongst others, and it highlighted decisions going against them. Probably meant others were looked at more thoroughly next time for them.

We could get a few in on loan, I have seen enough to suggest we will be ok

Back