• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0-2 Arsenal: Verdict Thread

We obviously need a striker in the transfer window. I would, ideally like a right back and experienced central defender but I can`t see them opening the purse strings that wide. All on the manager now to instill some confidence in these players. We`ll be o.k.

We obviously need a striker in the transfer window. I would, ideally like a right back and experienced central defender but I can`t see them opening the purse strings that wide. All on the manager now to instill some confidence in these players. We`ll be o.k.
Wouldn't be surprised if we bring one or two in on loan initially to lend a hand and then make permanent in the summer if we survive and/or if they impress

What annoys me about the penalty decision is we just keep schtum and accept it. Davis should have been calling the ref and VAR out in the media after the game.

Both Lampard and Conte have done it recently amongst others, and it highlighted decisions going against them. Probably meant others were looked at more thoroughly next time for them.
Good news, Davis has called out VAR as a waste of time

Wouldn't be surprised if we bring one or two in on loan initially to lend a hand and then make permanent in the summer if we survive and/or if they impress
I think loans too. I'm sure i read that we don't have much room for foreign players in the squad now. Someone smarter than me will know that, and how much wiggle room we have for wages, fees etc.

2 foreign player slots available by my reckoning, that becomes 3 when we pay Bonatini up

Chiquinho complicates it a bit, if we were to name him in the squad for the second half that would be another slot gone

Chiquinho complicates it a bit, if we were to name him in the squad for the second half that would be another slot gone
I don't think we have to name either Chiquinho or Sasa if they won't play this season and we can fill their spot with fit players.

It's only if we have the space available we need to name them afaik.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Raul move on in Jan to free another spot up.

I don't think we have to name either Chiquinho or Sasa if they won't play this season and we can fill their spot with fit players.

It's only if we have the space available we need to name them afaik.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Raul move on in Jan to free another spot up.
Yes I'd discounted Sasa, but Chiquinho had a March availability date originally, we don't have to name him but theoretically he would be available for the last month or so if we did assuming his injury timeline hasn't moved

Look at Digne's foul on March this afternoon, another that wasn't a difficult decision. It won't happen, but get rid and go back to on field rather than off field incompetence

Look at Digne's foul on March this afternoon, another that wasn't a difficult decision. It won't happen, but get rid and go back to on field rather than off field incompetence
Or just make it better by making it independent of intellectual fuckwits like Dean.

That's on the FA.

It's fundamentally flawed though in that it just replaces one person's flawed objective opinion with another person's flawed objective opinion. And then has guidelines made up to accommodate it (see my post about offsides in the Arsenal feedback thread).
The only implementation that fixes it is ditching it.

It works in other countries. It works in MLS. Sure, some decisions still end up baffling the viewer but by and large it has made the game more fair.

Frankly, the fact that MLS can get VAR correct, yet the FA/PGMOL/whoever the fuck can't is embarrassing for them.

Is be really interested to know the culture of how top referees operate. Are they willing to receive feedback and have errors highlighted to them?

Johnny's nailed it. The issue isn't VAR, as it were. The problem is the diabolical implementation of it.
I don't see the distinction when there is no desire to seperate one from the other in the PL

I don't see the distinction when there is no desire to seperate one from the other
That's definitely the rub, ay? Barring the existing referees from the process seems as likely as the US putting through a ban on Congressional lobbyists.

Are they willing to receive feedback and have errors highlighted to them?
Probably not. There are stories of experienced refs telling their assistants not to flag for fouls, just touch and offsides, as they didn't want to be shown up.
Rumours too that similar has happened with VAR too...

Back