• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

I think Paddy and Jolemai have got it right between them. We'll play 4-2-3-1 against Boro but he'll try and cram Edwards in there somewhere.

The former encourages me, the latter fills me with despair. I seriously doubt KJ's judgement when he prefers mediocrity like Edwards over Jack Price who, while no world-beater, is clearly part of our best team.

Price has to play.
I'd also consider Coady Price and Kmac as a three. I like Edwards myself but he is limited and unlikely to be match fit either.

Assuming this isn't sarcastic, that's just you and Frank then.

Nope - I don't think we can play that poorly again, I think changes have to be made and I would like to think it will be round pegs in round holes. Afobe upfront, either McDonald or Wallace in behind....and some real effort and determination.

Edwards to get the winning goal against Boro then.

We've never really had a good style of play. Dicko wasn't playing well this season anyway but he made it work in the past due to him being able to run onto our hoofs or hold up the long ball. We now aren't capable of holding up the hoofs anymore. We would be better if Afobe was up front to be on the end of them rather than defensive midfield as he has decent pace, strength and touch.

Edwards also helps our hoof strategy as he will run around lots.

The blame has to go to KJ. It's not like you can say we don't have the players, as neither do Brentford but they had absolutely no problem playing quick passing football.

We were carried by Dicko, Afobe and Sako, and it allowed Henry to quietly go about his work so he could have a decent impact. Now he's the main man! And he's not that good so can't do what Sako did.

Very depressing and I hate to say it but a change of management is required.

We've never really had a good style of play. Dicko wasn't playing well this season anyway but he made it work in the past due to him being able to run onto our hoofs or hold up the long ball. We now aren't capable of holding up the hoofs anymore. We would be better if Afobe was up front to be on the end of them rather than defensive midfield as he has decent pace, strength and touch.

Edwards also helps our hoof strategy as he will run around lots.

The blame has to go to KJ. It's not like you can say we don't have the players, as neither do Brentford but they had absolutely no problem playing quick passing football.

We were carried by Dicko, Afobe and Sako, and it allowed Henry to quietly go about his work so he could have a decent impact. Now he's the main man! And he's not that good so can't do what Sako did.

Very depressing and I hate to say it but a change of management is required.

I'd agree with that from what I've seen of Wolves under Jackett, they remind me quite a bit of Villa under O'Neill, most of the threat comes through pace at the end of fairly direct play.

In League 1 there was more possession, as you'd expect really given the gulf in quality for the most part, but that was rarely what carried the threat, it was almost a decoy that tempted teams out so they could be hit with more direct football to release the pace of Griffiths early on and then obviously Dicko following the January dealings. Now with more robust opposition the possession has dropped and they're even more like O'Neill's Villa, allowing the team the opponents the ball quite freely at times before looking to spring the counter, again utilising pace up top.

It's can be effective at times but Wolves just haven't got the right set up at the moment, no real outlet up top with Afobe playing so deep and the wingers aren't good enough to carry the burden like Sako was last year, nor are the defence strong enough to withstand the pressure so it often doesn't provide the counter attacking chances you'd hope for.

That was diabolical, as bad as it gets. No pattern of play, you would think after an aimless first half where we had virtually no shots and were trailing that we'd come out with a different plan after half time, but it was exactly the same.

Price did ok when he came on, that was about it. I thought after the Fulham/Huddersfield games that we'd turned a corner and I didn't think Sunday was that bad, we were just let down by individual errors, but last night was extremely worrying. That one's all on the manager, stop allowing Afobe to play so deep, why is he making a tackle in our six yard box in open play, pick a left winger and stick with him for a run of games. VLP close to being sold, randomly back in the team at Preston, disappears again, then brought on ahead of Byrne, why? 0-1 with 10 minutes to go, right back injured, Byrne has played at right back and you are chasing the game and you bring on Doherty, criminal stuff (and surprise surprise, he looked like a fucking parks player AGAIN - good job we have him signed up to 2019).

No identity whatsoever.

BTW I thought Ryan Woods (Bees No.15, wee ginger boy) was the best player on the pitch last night. £1M from Salop, why weren't we in for him?

BTW I thought Ryan Woods (Bees No.15, wee ginger boy) was the best player on the pitch last night. £1M from Salop, why weren't we in for him?

Yeah I thought he was the stand out player last night my Dad's mate is a Shrewsbury Town season ticket holder and was always raving about him over the years saying he would be a Premiership player very soon. Looks a very tidy and versatile player and would have been great signing for us.

Doherty for the second :icon_lol:

Good grief.

Afobe really should have buried that. Unbelievably shit defending by Doherty for the second, pathetic attempt.

Oh jesus fuck Doherty. :facepalm:

That's Matt Four Year Deal Doherty to you.

Would look out of his depth in League Two, terrible footballer.

At work so can't play the videos here as don't run properly.

Probably for the best as will need alcohol to get me through it

I think I'll build the kids bunk beds on Saturday as oppose to suffering more misery such is my total apathy to the current situation.

The defending for the 2nd goal...

850.gif

I didn't realize It was Doherty I thought it was Batth for some reason.

Doherty :icon_lol:

So much worse than I thought it was at the time.

Back