• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - 2 Brentford: "That Familiar Sinking Feeling" Verdict Thread

The worst of it being that we nearly conceded the exact same goal 20 seconds earlier and Martinez bailed us out. So we gave the ball away and did it again.

giphy.gif

You're welcome...

It's like watching Leon Clarke all over again. Doherty looks like he's just woken up from a coma and the ball is bouncing in front of him

5 seconds behind the play, absolutely shocking, sooooo bad. What is he actually trying there? To knee it away? WTF?

Looks worse in slow mo that in real time, how fucking square do you want be.
Such poor reading of the game, all he has to do is drop off a couple of yards.

I'm not sure what aspect of it is worse. The initial complete and abject failure to intercept it, the half arsed appeal for offside or the running in treacle 'attempt' to get back.

Fucking woeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The defending is shite enough but the fact he just walked back and watched it unfold is infuriating. If Jackett didn't have very strong words for that I'd be amazed. Made a mistake then burst a gut to right it.

At the time, I wasn't sure what had happened for the second goal. Ignorance was bliss.

Barely an effort by any defender to get back onto the line. They all just gave in and accepted the inevitable. That was not good enough.

Definitely too tall to be Price. But it looks like a two digit number on the shirt which would point towards Coady I guess.

Barely an effort by any defender to get back onto the line. They all just gave in and accepted the inevitable. That was not good enough.

Hause made the effort but was screwed because of the angle he was coming from. If Doherty had immediately turned and sprinted after the fuck up he might have been some form of barrier. Piss poor goal.

Definitely too tall to be Price. But it looks like a two digit number on the shirt which would point towards Coady I guess.

I said that originally and for some reason thought he'd been replaced by Price, I'm going for Coady.

His position prior to the header is wrong, to close to the one making the header and to much of a gap between him and Hause.

All in all it was a goal that would have shamed a Pub side.

That’s what I find most reprehensible about Doherty. We know he’s s**t, he himself probably knows it, so the cock up in of itself is not unexpected. However his complete lack of any attempt to make up for it (when he’d only been on the pitch for 10 minutes) is disgraceful, there should be a system in place to fine somebody for that complete lack of effort. Pathetic excuse for a footballer.

Its that bad even your man Pikoman (or whatever he is called) hasn't come on defending Doherty.....

FFS thats as bad as its gets, must be some right back in the U-21's we can stick in Saturday.

Back