• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 Chelsea 2 Proud of the lads verdict

So proud of the effort put in by our players. Antonio Conte had to bring Kante on to shore it up and be sure, there is no more respect that he could pay to our performance.

Very proud. Sad to be out, but those players need to want to play the Diego Costas every week, and so do the owners. Put this season to bed, get safe. Push for promotion next year. Make it happen Fosun

Agree with this.

We matched them tonight, but realistically they always had that extra gear available to them as well as much more quality in the final third, which we never had.

If we could have gotten that first goal then it could have been different. But as soon as they scored it was always game over.

As well as we did tonight, the worrying thing is that we have had three home games in a week and not scored a goal. If we wish to steer clear of the bottom three then we need to start scoring, but the problem is we do not have a decent goalscorer. That issue should have been addressed in January and the failure to do do could cost us dear.

Thought we were brilliant really couldn't fault anyone given the quality of opposition. Price MOTM for me but Hause and Costa in particular excellent. We need to add that little bit of extra craft to our game and we will be a decent side.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

What you can't excuse is that we didn't show anything like that intensity against Burton or Wigan and if we had we'd probably have won both games and be all but safe now.

But that's gone, play like that and we'll be ok - although who's going to score the goals is an obvious concern.

I'd like to see the youngster given a bit of a run, lets face it he can't do worse in front of goal and as long as Lambert looks after him i.e. pull him off if he looks like he's getting shell shocked, don't see what we have to lose

I'd like to see the youngster given a bit of a run, lets face it he can't do worse in front of goal and as long as Lambert looks after him i.e. pull him off if he looks like he's getting shell shocked, don't see what we have to lose
Wilson? I tend to agree. Said it several times on the match day thread but Bod is such an odd player. Love his hold up play, he's got great ball control, he's tenacious but has zero scoring threat. Whoever mentioned the cross in the first half he didn't go for was right - that was a chance.

Echo what's been said. Good performance, more than matched the runaway league leaders for an hour but their class ultimately showed in the end.

Could been different had Saville's effort snuck in off the post, or we got the penalty at the end of the first half - gutted we didn't get it, have seen them given, but would have been furious if given against us.

Need to make sure we go into the remaining games of the season with the same intensity

Have to agree any striker worth his salt would have anticipated that cross in the first half and headed at leat on target.
Bod is great at holding play up and running into channels but his instinctive goal scoring threat isn't there reminds me a bit of Doyle at times.

Yeah, liked the mins of Wilson but rather play ennis, is he far off?

It can't have been a penalty as I don't even remember it!

I thought the plan was right, but it was clear we weren't going to keep it up and once Chelsea got a hold of the game that was it really. I don't understand why we can't have a plan (or style) like this in the league?

Hause is our best centre back, he just needs someone really good next to him. While Batth wasn't terrible, he was caught too far away from Hause on several occasions and that is what happened with the second goal, and why Costa beat him to it. And his shanks into the channels irritate me, likewise with Coady.

We just need strengthening in some key areas, right through the spine of the team. A centre back, a centre midfielder and a forward. I'd like to see Saiss and Price in midfield together as I think it could be a good partnership, with Enobakhare/Ronan in front of them. Edwards I thought was our weakest player today overall (partly due to the fact that most played pretty well). Jon Dadi was great today but we need a goal threat. Whether that comes in the form of Dicko I don't know, but we need another forward regardless.

Can cause Chelsea problems beat Liverpool and Stoke on their own pitches but can't beat Burton Wigan Blackburn or Rotherham. They did well tonight and if they had done that all season we would have 15 or 20 more points. Why they haven't is a mystery. Much improved but we still cant score at home and that's a worry. We could and should have been 2 up against the future champions. I did not think we would miss afobe Sako and Dicko on form as much as we have. Hindsight is a great gift.

I thought the plan was right, but it was clear we weren't going to keep it up and once Chelsea got a hold of the game that was it really. I don't understand why we can't have a plan (or style) like this in the league?

Hause is our best centre back, he just needs someone really good next to him. While Batth wasn't terrible, he was caught too far away from Hause on several occasions and that is what happened with the second goal, and why Costa beat him to it. And his shanks into the channels irritate me, likewise with Coady.

We just need strengthening in some key areas, right through the spine of the team. A centre back, a centre midfielder and a forward. I'd like to see Saiss and Price in midfield together as I think it could be a good partnership, with Enobakhare/Ronan in front of them. Edwards I thought was our weakest player today overall (partly due to the fact that most played pretty well). Jon Dadi was great today but we need a goal threat. Whether that comes in the form of Dicko I don't know, but we need another forward regardless.
And play more or less same team week in week out

Can cause Chelsea problems beat Liverpool and Stoke on their own pitches but can't beat Burton Wigan Blackburn or Rotherham. They did well tonight and if they had done that all season we would have 15 or 20 more points. Why they haven't is a mystery. Much improved but we still cant score at hone and that's a worry. We coiulkd and should have been 2 up against the future champions. I did not think we would miss afobe Sako and Dicko on form as much as we have. Hindsight is a great gift.
Griff

I think the players need a shit sandwich which goes like this.

Absolutely to a man you were brave, asked questions and shut out a fantastic team for over an hour.

That said, youve proven today you were counting down to the Chelsea game when you should be focussed and firing against Wigan and Burton. Pull that again youll be lucky to figure in the bigger game.

Overall though you should be very proud of that performance and if you perform that way against Championship sides you'll win far more than you lose. Well done.

Overall very proud of them. Chelsea didnt need that extra gear but always had an outlet and at times were a joy to watch. I alqays felt it was their tie once we tired but nevertheless to a man they were excellent. Very impressed with Hause.

There's no doubting we played well today, there's also no doubting that Chelsea were deserved winners. They really stepped up for the last 30 mins.

Saville should have scored and we could have had a penalty. Other than that we didn't cause too many problems for Begovic, though we did throw a few good balls into the box.

We need to play with more intensity in the league, we desperately need to play at the same level in the league as we have in the FA Cup.

Also, Price was my MOTM but Hause was a close run second.

Not going to say a negative word today. All I wanted to see was us compete and we did. We gave them a game and they had to earn the win. Last 10 mins we had a few players with zero left in the tank.

How sublime is Helder Costa... He made Pedro, Willian, Zouma, Terry look like amateurs. The kid is shit hot, I really hope he's here in the summer. Put a quality forward signing in his eye line next season and life will be oh so good...

Hause was mom for me. Price Costa also did well. It does show our collective potential but it also shows how far we have to go.Throughout the team we are not a premier team. We are not a promotion chasing team yet. I am hopeful that 3 or 4 of the academy players are the medium term answer. I am not being negative just realistic

Well after tuesdays debacle I really feared the worst today, but what a fantastic performance from every one of the lads. Jack Price was my man of the match but was pushed closely by a couple of the other lads. I really hope now we just have the league to concentrate on that Lambert ditches the squad rotation, I think he knows now our best starting eleven and unless injuries force a change that's what he should stick with - having said that we are crying out for a goal scorer ( anybody has Robbie Keane's phone number please pass it on to Mr Lambert :) )

On a side note - how good was the atmosphere tonight at the mol, the best for a long long time

Back