• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Huddersfield 1 - an irrelevant game with an irrelevant scoreline verdict t

At this point I don't rate any of them and I don't think that chucking Herc in the deep end is really a good option.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They aren't a great bunch overall but a combination of a few of them could work with the right tactics. Lambert hasn't shown he is capable of putting a 2 or 3 together that work unless he's asking them all to sit very deep. I get your point about throwing Herc in but if Lambert had an idea and knew how to get the best out of a limited bunch which he doesn't there would have been no harm in putting him in.

I'm not writing Lambert completely off but football is not a patient sport and there is good reason for it because you can fall behind easily and it's hard to catch up then. He's shown an inability to adapt at various times this year. We simply have to be challenging the top 6 by xmas next season or he definitely will not be here. That all hinges on a few things, him knowing which players are not good enough, him , KT, JM and whoever else identifying players good enough to challenge and then adding them to the squad and then getting a style of play that is recognisable and suits our players but can be adapted against different sides. That's not going to be easy to do but that is the challenge ahead and i'm not sure Lambert has it in him to do it.

I don't mind it in those cases because we have other quality options in their positions. Relatively speaking.

I also think center midfield is a whole different beast on its own.

Ronan played centre mid in some of his games

Gibbs has done once or twice as well.

Different strokes I guess, I only have the odd viewing and then reports to go off of but I can't yet bring myself to believe that Lambert is at fault for more than just a few of our issues. I have almost no faith left in the squad excepting the likes of Hause, Weimann, Marshall, Costa, and Cavaliero. Every other player, just about to a man, has been shown up under three managers now.

But I certainly understand the frustration and that it's always easier to replace one manager than 15 odd players.

Trouble is Alan and this is where you have a massive point we have replaced those managers and the players are still shit and haven't been moved on.

Trouble is Alan and this is where you have a massive point we have replaced those managers and the players are still shit and haven't been moved on.

True enough, but said managers do still insist on playing a shit right back at left back, a mediocre midfielder at right back, an even more mediocre midfielder at left back, Edwards where he's least effective to the point of being detrimental to the team. It's bad enough we're loaded with poor quality players but to keep playing the worst ones in the wrong positions is solely down to the manager.

If we had managed to move on 3 of the dross & replace with better each window over the last 3 seasons then we 'could' have a seriously decent team now - we haven't and now have a log jam of mediocre players filling up the squad.

It is not possible to gut it at the level needed in one go, so will not dramatically improve overnight.

I have made my concern about our owners known, but because it does not follow the forum line then it means I am a WUM. Sadly that is a predictable response on here, and one that I take little notice of. I am now well used to being attacked on here, and there are clearly a few posters who take every opportunity to attack any comments I make, but again I am used to that given the disgraceful personal attack on me last year.

For what it is worth, while I would never dream of putting Fosun in the same bracket as the Bhatti Brothers, I am not overly convinced about them. With all their money they have made what in my opinion have been two poor managerial appointments. They still allow Thelwell to control the playing side, and as a result some players who should have been moved on have been given new contracts.

While I accept that Fosun may not be experts in football, I would have thought that a successful outfit such as them would have had expert advice before buying the club. That in my opinion has not happened as our current squad and league position are testimony to.

If Fosun do get things right, then I will happily apologise, but in the meanwhile as this very disappointing season draws to a close, then I am entitled to criticise them, and should be able to do so without silly name calling.

I actually agree with you on the point regarding advice.

A huge conglomerate like that could've invested in a sporting agency and invited the biggest agent in world football to games.

A huge conglomerate like that could've invested in a sporting agency and invited the biggest agent in world football to games.

or even made friends with the owner of a large European club....say from Portugal perhaps

Properly vicious, you are. :Icon_lol:

Trouble is Alan and this is where you have a massive point we have replaced those managers and the players are still $#@! and haven't been moved on.
This is why I think we should stick with Lambert for at least another year (barring another relegation battle). If we keep chopping managers left and right then we'll never have a cohesive group of players that have faith in the man leading them.

I'm right on board that Thelwell needs sacking and perhaps Lambert be allowed to reconfigure his support staff, though.

I have watched this thread over the last 24 hours with interest. What is rumbling around in myu head is that Lambert, ultimately picks the team. No one has pressed him into

1. Coady at Right Back
2. Doherty at Left Back
3. Saville at left back or left wing!
4. Marshall at left wing
5. Edwards at number 10

I had to ask myself how many times have I groaned when I saw the team sheet? The answer is far to many. Doherty,42 league games, Coady,38 Batth,38 Edwards 42 are virtually auto picks. None are up to scratch. Saville,23 games has spent his time in unfamiliar positions , but is also not really up to scratch. No goalkeeper is up to scratch. None of those mentioned came this year via Fosun. Yet all provide the backbone to the whole campaign. Until that changes we are going knowhere fast.

I'm going to be devil's advocate on a few of those points. For all that we bemoan Doherty and Coady, they're both definitely better in their new positions (left-back, right-back) than their old ones (right-back, centre-midfield). They're still not great, and their average is mediocre, but they've each had decent games in those positions this season instead of their "real" positions, to the extent that I'd now consider them first and foremost a left-back and a right-back now. It's a Stephen Ward situation. The issue isn't that a player is being played out of position - they're not, their new position *is* their "real" position now - it's that the club haven't secured the improvements on them in those positions that we should have by now. (With right-back you can possibly argue that that's a function of Iorfa's unexpectedly terrible season, but with left-back, there really is no excuse for two seasons of having only Doherty there.)

Marshall, too, I get, since he can use either foot - putting him on the left wing sometimes isn't that wackadoodle, especially as we've been playing with a fluid front four where everyone plays in every position.

Can't defend Edwards at 10 or Saville on the left wing, though. George might be left-footed so we get some semblance of "balance", but he's never a winger a million years. Never going to be a serious Championship-level player, either.

Maybe if you didn't repeat the same line that you have made up ad nauseum then people may take your concerns as discussion points. As it is you repeat baseless quotes that have been debunked time and again which is why people call you out for wummery.

And you deserve every little seriph of it in my opinion.

Sorry, but I do not know what "Seriph" means.

Yup, defriending someone because they keep posting Britain First shite on facebook, despite several gentle warnings is absolutely vicious.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by gentle warnings. Who made these and when?

Though calling some-one a racist is of course totally acceptable on here.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by gentle warnings. Who made these and when?

Though calling some-one a racist is of course totally acceptable on here.

Damn yow azz for falling outside of the brotherhood. I love to watch the cyber fondling and ass licking that happens on here ( to be in the 'crowd') They're like preening monkeys (picking nits) at the best of times. Oh, joy ..

aye

I have watched this thread over the last 24 hours with interest. What is rumbling around in myu head is that Lambert, ultimately picks the team. No one has pressed him into

1. Coady at Right Back
2. Doherty at Left Back
3. Saville at left back or left wing!
4. Marshall at left wing
5. Edwards at number 10

I had to ask myself how many times have I groaned when I saw the team sheet? The answer is far to many. Doherty,42 league games, Coady,38 Batth,38 Edwards 42 are virtually auto picks. None are up to scratch. Saville,23 games has spent his time in unfamiliar positions , but is also not really up to scratch. No goalkeeper is up to scratch. None of those mentioned came this year via Fosun. Yet all provide the backbone to the whole campaign. Until that changes we are going knowhere fast.

exactly..

This is why I think we should stick with Lambert for at least another year (barring another relegation battle). If we keep chopping managers left and right then we'll never have a cohesive group of players that have faith in the man leading them.

I'm right on board that Thelwell needs sacking and perhaps Lambert be allowed to reconfigure his support staff, though.

no, get a good manager in and keep him(pay him)

Back