• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 0 - Huddersfield 1 - an irrelevant game with an irrelevant scoreline verdict t

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Not sure why I bothered with that.

Only positive was Graham getting a few minutes back & actually playing fullbacks in the right positions

Think that this season just needs to end

They should refund anyone paying money to watch that bunch of failures who have clearly given up for the season.

Another downside to the result is that Huddersfield could rest players against Small Heath on Saturday. Let's hope they care more about where they finish in the play off places.

If the Huddersfield troll reappears later ban him so that I don't have to read his crap in the morning.

Our owners who took over promising the world should now realise that major surgery is needed. Thelwell and Lambert need to leave as soon as possible along with most of the current squad. How on earth are we ending the season in such a pitiful state.

Even Frank has woken up :)

Or he's finally gone to bed...

Our owners who took over promising the world should now realise that major surgery is needed. Thelwell and Lambert need to leave as soon as possible along with most of the current squad. How on earth are we ending the season in such a pitiful state.

they appear to think that everything in the garden is rosy though, thats the worrying aspect. cant see them ditching Lambert or Thelwell anytime soon

they appear to think that everything in the garden is rosy though, thats the worrying aspect. cant see them ditching Lambert or Thelwell anytime soon

really worrying if true that..

And that is the worry. How could they be satisfied after such a disastrous campaign. So it will be more of the same next season. This world our owners promised us is not what we expected.

And that is the worry. How could they be satisfied after such a disastrous campaign. So it will be more of the same next season. This world our owners promised us is not what we expected.

Because it was all Zenga's fault with the awful players he signed (I know) and poor Pauly has come in and had to save the day and rescue us from certain relegation

I'd be interested for you to find some quotes of what 'our owners promised us' Frank? In fact in a very decent interview recently Shi was quite clear in that they have no expected instant results and that its a process.

Glad for Graham, Silvio, MGW and Iorfa to get minutes. Mason sounded OK too.

Good to see the new owners visiting fans in Malta and telling them what they really think about affairs at Wolves :icon_wink:

Good to see the new owners visiting fans in Malta and telling them what they really think about affairs at Wolves :icon_wink:

glad to see sarcasm is still alive and breathing in Wolvo !!!

we can read reports of interviews just as well here as in UK !

Well, I am not sure you can as they haven't "promised the world" at any point. Frank has had this pointed out to him on numerous occasions and yet still feels the urge to continue making his erroneous statement. I genuinely don't know why that is.

I'm happy with fosun as I think we'll improve over the summer. I am very concerned about lamberts management though, as he doesn't seem to have much of a clue as to how to try and play consistently winning football.

I don't even mind losing games if it looked like we were working towards a winning system and style, but I can't see it.

A pretty poor game where we never looked like winning and Huddersfield never needed to raise their game after the goal.

Burgoyne - 5/10 - Only had one serious shot and he let it in. Kicking wasn't great but in the second half he starting releasing the ball early and short which was good to see. Needs to get some aerial assertiveness if he's to progress.

Iofra - 4/10 - First half was hopeless as VLP left him on the ropes. Improved in the second half but never made any meaningful attacking runs and his technique/ball control is still awful. I feel that its reached a point where it has to be CB or bust with him now.
Batth - 6/10 - Not bad defensively with lots of good challenges and interceptions. Tried to play out of defence but doesn't have the attributes as we all know.
Stearman 6/10 - Again not bad defensively but could have possibly closed down quicker for the goal.
Silvio - 6/10 - First half he was clearly rusty but he grew into the game in the second half. It's a shame there's only 2 games left as I doubt we'll ever see him in full flow.

Price - 6/10 - Had a poor first half, with two really poor moments which saw huddersfield sky a 1on1 and score the other, but got better. Overrun for the majority of the game but still contributed meaningfully with quicker passes. He went as deep as Saiss normally goes but seemed more able to transfer the ball quickly across the pitch. Does a quiet, efficient job but suffers with Edwards next to him.
Edwards - 5/10 - Had 2 headers saved and hit the post (wasn't sat well enough to see if he should have scored). Didn't offer much else.

EDIT - apparently Edwards was responsible for us losing the ball in the build up to the Huddersfield goal and not price - apologies

Weimann - 6/10 - Anonymous first half. When played as a ST in the second half he really improved and hassled defenders much better than Bod did. Had one effort well saved by their keeper.
MGW - 5/10 - Struggled to get going. However, he showed flashes of his ability - might benefit from a loan next year and we might benefit as a club if we used Bright instead as he's a bit further along in his development.
Marshall - 5/10 - Clearly has ability but never created any danger. Appeared to drop too deep at times and struggled to make his mark on the game. Might benefit from playing at CM as he has the attributes and workrate to do so.

Bodvarsson - 4/10 - Didn't really do anything and was rightly hauled off at half time.

Mason - 5/10 - Started brightly but faded as the half went on. Suffered a lot as a lot of the balls to him were played above knee height making his life difficult. Had a flash shot go wide.

Graham - 6/10 - For someone who's been out for 15 months I was seriously impressed by him (+ the outstanding work done behind the scenes to bring him back to fitness). Instantly started asking questions of their defence and looked to play as directly as possible. He was clearly rusty with several poor touches & crosses but it was an impressive return from his injury.

Dicko - N/A - Came on too late and didn't do anything when he was on.

Thanks for that, Jagg. Appreciate the write up.

Another downside to the result is that Huddersfield could rest players against Small Heath on Saturday. Let's hope they care more about where they finish in the play off places.

If the Huddersfield troll reappears later ban him so that I don't have to read his crap in the morning.

Hey up! ;)

lack of quality and Lamberts tactics make us a pathetic home side. I despair!
If I hadnt got an early bird I wouldnt fuckin bother now sick of rushing about
to watch that shit no wonder half the ST holders didnt turn up must of been
less than 14k in there tonight this guys as bad as Jackett.

Back