• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Aston Villa: Verdict Thread

Apart from the goal, where I suspect everyone in the ground was watching McGinn try to wrestle Dawson to the ground and were only half watching the corner come in, my abiding memory will be leaving the Billy Wright seats. A woman in her fifties, who looked like she’d blush if she so much as burped in company, was singing “Shit on the Villa” at the top of her voice. I love how football can bring out the inner person occasionally.

We had our own chances too. Cunha edge of the box and middle of goal with a free shot, Costa clean through, someone should have scored off the Neto cross towards the end.

I am also sure it was NOT a foul when Neto would have been clean through in the first half, Ramsey (I think) was going down quicker than a Ladbaby single on Boxing Day. But that's Attwell for you, you will always get bizarre calls all the way through every game.
Yes a special mention for todays ref who was single-handedly trying to give Villa every possible advantage with such feeble free kicks which beggared belief.

Particularly liked the one in the second half when, me thinks it was Douglas Luiz went down just inside his own half under relative little pressure with Mings advancing and presenting Hwang the ball and a clear run only for it to be pulled back….from my view in the NB Hwang was at least 1m away and made no contact at all…basically cuz Hwang weren’t fast enough.

Yes an absolute joke of a referee

I didn't think Attwell was all that bad, he was far too stingy for my liking but he seemed mostly consistent with both sides IMO.

I didn't think Attwell was all that bad, he was far too stingy for my liking but he seemed mostly consistent with both sides IMO.
Hi Al, he awarded Villa 20 free kicks where about half of them were contentious. He also played on when Neves was taken out about 25 yards out which was in a promising position. He wasn’t good mate

He doesn't understand the ebb and flow of a game, never has, never will. That said Villa's falling over wasn't what you'd expect from a team that was trailing. As frustrating as it was to watch it took momentum out of their own attacks

I think one of the other officials has had a word with him at half time. 1st half he might as well have been wearing claret & blue, he was giving them everything they wanted. 2nd half he was much fairer.

Atwell was appalling without making any specific, horror, decision. He continually blew up for nothing fouls and spoilt the continuity of the game.

Special shout out for when he blew up to give Villa a foul and after some complaints gave it to us (spoiler, there was no foul it was just two players challenging for the ball).

We were solid but unspectacular today, Dawson is my motm but there wasn't a Wolves player who was below a 7/10. We made Villa look very ordinary and forced into lots of pointless possession and sideways passes.

Maybe the bar has just gotten that low for me!

Today is also the first time since June 2020 where we’ve kept four home clean sheets in a row. And we have more home clean sheets than any other team in the EPL this year (which is mental)

Keeping the local pizza places in business if nothing else

They're very bitter

This was a cracker:
"This is why it's easier for Brighton to make Europe.

Teams will raise their game against us because of our name, it makes it harder."

I was reading VT before the game and the amount that described the game as our (Wolves) 'cup final' was truly astounding from the deluded cunts

Back