• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

We didn't offer much going forward but we weren't "appalling" and we certainly did not play with "no intensity".

Do you think Lemina man marked Kane out of existence by being soft?
We were slow & passive in the first half. Picking out our best player from that half as some sort of counter-argument proves nothing. We were shocking. Proper game of two halves, thankfully.

As a separate point, I forgot to put in my initial post that Sarabia was pretty anonymous again today. Need more from him.

I thought whilst we couldn't really get into the first half, we also frustrated Tottenham well and Lemina did a great job on Kane. Something had to change if we wanted to score, but it wasn't like we were giving them lots of chances. I don't think any of us would have done what Julen did at HT, but it completely changed the game. Cunha and Moutinho were also perfectly timed subs (although almost weren't in the sense we had no one to replace Kilman, who looked like there was no way he could carry on). The team that started had no pace and not enough creativity, but that's a problem with the squad in general and I'm sure things will change in the summer.

Gew on me babbies! Was working and caught we were at 1-0 with 10 to go. Listened on talkshite on the way home and realised we got the win!
Did we need that or what....

Stolen off Twitter:

We finished the game with three at the back, Jonny at left-back, Neves and Moutinho in midfield, Adama out wide and Raul up top.

£175m spent in last two windows, yet it was the tried and trusted that saved our bacon.

Football is weird.

What we're the Spurs players and assistant manager so riled up about at the end?

Stolen off Twitter:

We finished the game with three at the back, Jonny at left-back, Neves and Moutinho in midfield, Adama out wide and Raul up top.

£175m spent in last two windows, yet it was the tried and trusted that saved our bacon.

Football is weird.

Still…

Dawson, Collins and Semedo were really good throughout. Lemina absolutely pocketed Kane 1st half. Cunha fluffed his chance but brought badly needed energy. Really happy tonight

Edit: conversely, Nunes. How can he not play a simple pass???

View attachment 6925

Loved this at the end, all the players totally made up for Adama.
Does make it tough to hate on the bloke when he's clearly well loved by his mates at the club.

Think it was Coads who was always calling Adama out as one of the hardest workers he'd seen.

Game of two halves. Spurs dominated first half and we barely had a touch in the final third. The only Wolves player to come off at half time with much credit was Lamina - I'm struggling to believe his substitution was purely tactical.

The introduction of Traore gave the team a lift and after a couple of early runs Spurs dropped a little deeper and that allowed Neves to start having much more influence. The introduction of Moutinho saw us really up our tempo as he showed he can still do it for 30 minutes. He got into Spurs and hassled them into mistakes and that helped us start to look the better team.

Despite looking like he was running through treacle at times Jonny stuck to his task and I still can't understand why Spurs didn't attack down his side more. He'll never be the player he was but he deserves a lot of credit for performance today. Raul too looked more up for it than of late.

Overall still lots of scope for improvement but I'm far happier tonight than I'd envisaged possible after their Bournemouth fiasco. MOTM Traore.

Game of two halves. Spurs dominated first half and we barely had a touch in the final third. The only Wolves player to come off at half time with much credit was Lamina - I'm struggling to believe his substitution was purely tactical.

The introduction of Traore gave the team a lift and after a couple of early runs Spurs dropped a little deeper and that allowed Neves to start having much more influence. The introduction of Moutinho saw us really up our tempo as he showed he can still do it for 30 minutes. He got into Spurs and hassled them into mistakes and that helped us start to look the better team.

Despite looking like he was running through treacle at times Jonny stuck to his task and I still can't understand why Spurs didn't attack down his side more. He'll never be the player he was but he deserves a lot of credit for performance today. Raul too looked more up for it than of late.

Overall still lots of scope for improvement but I'm far happier tonight than I'd envisaged possible after their Bournemouth fiasco. MOTM Traore.

Not happy with this Jonny slander. They didn't attack his side because he'd comfortably pocketed Kulusevski and Porro without breaking sweat.

Lovely to hear Si Señor being belted out so loudly too. Guess it worked, Raul was really on it today

Back