• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

Thoroughly professional.

Tottenham had the better of us for about 15 minutes. Once Lemina moved to man-mark Kane, they created basically nothing. 2nd half, Julen answered some tactical criticisms with the switch to 3-4-3 which worked wonderfully. After we scored we killed the game stone dead, which was excellent to see.

Whole team and Julen come out of that with a lot of credit, IMO.

No need to speak about the first half, shocking stuff.

Good (although very simple) tactical switch really helped us. Much more dynamic second half. Fair play to Raul and Adama, exactly what we need from them.

What a fucking result. Get the fuck in! UTW! Didn't see the match. So be interesting to know what happened.

Fucking hell, that was squeaky bum time and some for those last few minutes.

Huge result, and others could barely have gone any better. Fucking GREAT day so far.

Feels like we got away with it a bit with how one-sided it was 1st half but we (just) managed to keep them at arm's length. 2nd half once we got going we actually looked half decent and created (!) good chances (!!!)

-edit- and we managed the game out (!!!!!!!!)

Carry this to Newcastle and Leeds now, don't fucking waste it

I was probably over critical of the first half, but that 2nd half was a real masterclass. Change of personnel and formation could have blown up in Lop's face, instead we win against a top team when all our bottom half peers lose.

Brilliant to see what it means to the players and staff at the end.

Have a fucking brilliant Saturday night all! ❤️

Great result. Can't comment in much of the performance as I was working and only saw the last 20 minutes. How did Neto do, I assume he was subbed for Adama at half time? Sounds like Costa has as good as kicked his last ball for us, but Jiminez was good in the bits that I saw.

Will say that Nunes has enough Adama in him to be horrifically frustrating; sometimes looks utter class, but more often just kind of looks lost at sea. Need to figure something out with him as I'm not at all sure what he actually is.

@Dire Wolf: Neto didn't really offer much tbh, but worked hard and his tenacity helped create a chance that Costa maybe should have done better with, if you're feeling particularly nitpicky.

You could really see what it meant to the whole squad/ coaching team at the end. Brilliant result, brilliant results elsewhere too.

Also I'm going to pretend that Cunha miss didn't happen

Ground one out. Limited Spurs to very few chances and actually took our chance when it came. Phenomenal finish from Adama who was a constant threat when he came on. Lemina fantastic first half, hopefully not an injury?

Jonny MOTM, a typical display from probably my favourite wolves player or the last decade. Raul similarly showed a lot of the things we came to expect from him, unlucky not to score at least one.

I won’t ignore that first half. We were appalling, playing with no intensity, offered nothing going forward and couldn’t seem to put three passes together.

Thankfully we came out with much more intent in the second half and a tactical tweak. Fair play, I thought taking Lemina off was crazy - but Adama was fantastic, as was Moutinho. Raul looked like a completely different player to the other night. I can see a bit of potential there with Cunha playing close to him.

Absolutely massive three points. We needed that.

We didn't offer much going forward but we weren't "appalling" and we certainly did not play with "no intensity".

Do you think Lemina man marked Kane out of existence by being soft?

Rauls's best game this season especially chasing back to stop a cross being made at expense of a corner. Adama actually looked interested today. Massive win but need this to continue for next couple of games too. Sa's kicking is diabolical, so why hasn't Roberts sorted it out by now ?
All the defence played well especially Dawson and Kilman

Back