• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

Not happy with this Jonny slander. They didn't attack his side because he'd comfortably pocketed Kulusevski and Porro without breaking sweat.
A number of times he struggled to catch players and was helped out by team mates. Great team play but in his prime very few players had him trailing behind like he was today. On another day he'll get caught out as he's lost more than a yard of pace. As I said he did well today but it wasn't and never will be the Jonny we saw pre-injury.

For all his bitching he's not at all afraid of leaving something extra on his marker(s), which he never seems to get pulled up for.
He gets away with all sorts of dirty shit. Most notably backing into a defender jumping for a header to draw a "foul". Can't stand him, disgrace of a player.

Said it yesterday we just needed something today I’d have taken a draw but a win is huge. Plus it’s another difficult fixture out the way.

a fkin huuuuge win. and I can’t recall last time I was urging the arse to score. what football does to us, it’s almost cruel!! Will enjoy a drink tonight.

Delighted with the result and the second half performance. That wasn't some rope a dope invite them on and hit them on the counter effort though. Like on Wednesday there is no reason to play like that, we look a decent team when we go at sides.

Cunha makes a difference because he carries the ball and is direct. Sarabia and Nunes both poor, one disappears for long periods the other gives the ball away too often. Raul and Jonny both played well, the latter benefits with the extra man behind as he can't run any more and the former mainly stayed in the box rather than wandering around.

Kane is still a cunt, I'm glad the injuries in the first half gave us the opportunity to tell him.

Podence left out for tactical reasons, despite having Toti on the bench...'bye 👋

My older son just back from the game. MOM Raul. Plaudits for Adama, Moutinho, Lemina, Dawson, Jonny & Kilman.

Ok, a very enjoyable afternoon, our first live league game since before xmas.
We were under the pump for large parts of the first half without Spurs creating loads of good chances. Have to say Spurs forwards passing and movement was really good first half, although due to our defensive play Son and Kane were having to drop deep most of the time to get on the ball with Lemina doing a great 'number' on Kane.
Was a bit surprised to see Lemina subbed and us go 3 atb second half but it worked really well after the first 5 minutes, Collins looked a bombscare on the ball initially but grew into the game.
It felt like we were gunna score, the subs all made a positive impact.
Just want talk about 3 of our maligned players,
1. Was a bit worried by Jonny at first but he turned it round and was very effective. He's never gunna get his athleticism back but was clever enough to mitigate that.
2. Raul. Never want to see a player hurt but for me we started to get a foothold in their half a bit once Raul came on, Costa wasn't holding the ball up and simply has nothing in the tank, Raul made a difference by just putting their defence and midfield under a bit of pressure, shame his goal was offside.
3. Nunes.
Was particularly keen to watch his input.
Personally I thought first half when we were under the cosh, he was very good, helped Jonny out on numerous occasions and was very calm bringing the ball out of defence. His passing was fine*
*second half he ran our of steam and did give the ball away 2 or 3 times just before he was rightly subbed.
Moutinho was superb, him and Neves absolutely bossed the midfield.

Sorry for going on a bit.

Tactical.

Huge call but we now have a manager with the bollocks to make these calls.
That is fucking nuts he was Kanes shadow. He was excellent first half. Fair play if he's done that change purely tactical.

Ok, a very enjoyable afternoon, our first live league game since before xmas.
We were under the pump for large parts of the first half without Spurs creating loads of good chances. Have to say Spurs forwards passing and movement was really good first half, although due to our defensive play Son and Kane were having to drop deep most of the time to get on the ball with Lemina doing a great 'number' on Kane.
Was a bit surprised to see Lemina subbed and us go 3 atb second half but it worked really well after the first 5 minutes, Collins looked a bombscare on the ball initially but grew into the game.
It felt like we were gunna score, the subs all made a positive impact.
Just want talk about 3 of our maligned players,
1. Was a bit worried by Jonny at first but he turned it round and was very effective. He's never gunna get his athleticism back but was clever enough to mitigate that.
2. Raul. Never want to see a player hurt but for me we started to get a foothold in their half a bit once Raul came on, Costa wasn't holding the ball up and simply has nothing in the tank, Raul made a difference by just putting their defence and midfield under a bit of pressure, shame his goal was offside.
3. Nunes.
Was particularly keen to watch his input.
Personally I thought first half when we were under the cosh, he was very good, helped Jonny out on numerous occasions and was very calm bringing the ball out of defence. His passing was fine*
*second half he ran our of steam and did give the ball away 2 or 3 times just before he was rightly subbed.
Moutinho was superb, him and Neves absolutely bossed the midfield.

Sorry for going on a bit.
Syco, excellent post and saved me a ton of work describing what you have so well

Again for all the bad points in Adama’s game, when he does switch on you have to give him credit. Spuds shat themselves every time he was on the ball

Come on me babiz 🤣🐺👍🧡🖤

Neto was disappointing. Clearly holding out of tackles which is never a good sign. Very strange to start him but I guess Cunha wasn't fit enough for a full game and if Traore is going to play well it is invariably off the bench. all worked out well in the end.

Nice bit of pay back to spurs for some the results they’ve squeezed at our place over the past 5 years.
The difference lop has to Bruno is his ability to positively affect the game and pinpoint the problems.
Under Bruno Saunders we’d have lost that 1-0 with barely a glove layer on them ie Liverpool at home last season.
10 points should be enough now was feeling deflated Wednesday now feeling more confident tan I’ve been all season.

Neto was disappointing. Clearly holding out of tackles which is never a good sign. Very strange to start him but I guess Cunha wasn't fit enough for a full game and if Traore is going to play well it is invariably off the bench. all worked out well in the end.
I didn’t think he held out at first, but he got a knock after about 20 mins and seemed to shrink a bit from then onwards.

Podence left out for tactical reasons, despite having Toti on the bench...'bye 👋
Wouldn't be so sure on that. We now have a squad where players are going to miss out. Hwang and Boubacar back soon so some are going to miss out.
We went for the extra CB today, maybe with the thought we may switch to the 5, Kilman carrying a broken nose etc. Lop and his team seem to do as much thinking on the set up of the bench as they do the starting XI

Few weeks back Costa was binned from the bench and there he was starting today.

Wouldn't be so sure on that. We now have a squad where players are going to miss out. Hwang and Boubacar back soon so some are going to miss out.
We went for the extra CB today, maybe with the thought we may switch to the 5, Kilman carrying a broken nose etc. Lop and his team seem to do as much thinking on the set up of the bench as they do the starting XI

Don't spoil the moment!

Come on man, I'm in a good mood, don't put a dampener on it

Oh sorry....yep Lop has cheekily back heeled him out of the squad and off to pastures new
Fear not, a few weeks of him not playing and a couple of poor results and Denes Rosa syndrome will kick in!

Back