• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

Hot take: by the end of the season, Hwang and Cunha will be starting as a pair up front.
Dude, don't spoil a good day with hot takes like that!

First half was solid and unspectacular, of the spurs freekick had gone in we'd have all trudged off at half time saying "fair enough".

I'm not sure what we have to do on the training pitch to teach Nunes to play a pass but we need to do something soon, he has some positive attributes but playing a pass isn't one of them.

Second half was a different game, Adama, Moutinho and Raul all had great games - totally deserved the win!

It was meant to imply that they'd be a good pairing rather than that's how desperate we'd be. 😅

Hwang is odd. He didn’t even celebrate the goal today.

Thought we managed injury time at the end very well too with a bit of time wasting, keeping the ball in the corners, short corners, etc to see is over the line. Moutinho is the master of these situations

Thought we managed injury time at the end very well too with a bit of time wasting, keeping the ball in the corners, short corners, etc to see is over the line. Moutinho is the master of these situations

He's nae Jay Bothroyd. I'd be tempted to sign him back up just to be an 88th minute sub.

What was the 5live reporter going on about “scruffy finish by Traore” ?
Well it's a bit hard to judge by anyone who didn't have a screen in front of them.
No one tries to describe how the goal was scored for the benefit of those gazing at the radio or some phone app.
With some of the quality and writing skills available on this forum, reading shit like, 'Yeeeessssss!' and 'Get in!' 5 or 6 times is just crap.

Just back home - god I enjoyed that and I’m now enjoying reading this. As usual by the time I get on here it’s all been said, and better than I would, but to try and pick out something different.
1. I thought Cunha was right to go for the near post at the time (not seen the replay). Forster seemed to have left an unusually large gap at the near post - it was one of the few things I had a good view of. He just… missed.
2. However, Cunha made such a difference when he came on. He’s so smart I’m starting to think he’s one of those quite rare players who seem to have inexplicable amounts of time and space when he’s on the ball. That’s good.
3. If there was a points based game where you scored for hitting the opposition with the ball then Nunes would be top ranked in the world. If you’re on the other team, standing about 10 yards from him and see him lining up a cross field pass… it’s wanging it’s way to your boat race before you know it.
4. Moutinho and Neves hunting that ball down before the Cunha chance. Brilliant!

Well it's a bit hard to judge by anyone who didn't have a screen in front of them.
No one tries to describe how the goal was scored for the benefit of those gazing at the radio or some phone app.
With some of the quality and writing skills available on this forum, reading shit like, 'Yeeeessssss!' and 'Get in!' 5 or 6 times is just crap.
You are expecting people...sorry fans, caught up in the moment to give you a detailed summary in that instance?
You will get the same response from people watching a stream or listening to the game as you would from those at the game...a bastard celebration.

If the radio station you are listening to can't describe something properly, send your moans their way.

Great result.

Few things to disagree with others on:

The change of formation to 3-4-3 was key to the change in performance. We nullified their extra man in midfield and pushed their wing backs backward.

We played a very fluid front 3 in the second half which worked for everybody. Even Adama, who made two sliding tackles and pressed all over. I've never seen him do that before.

Raul was superb with players close to him and fluid movement around him. The ball he played for Cunha was beautiful.

Sarabia finds lovely pockets of space and is always available for a pass. Looked much better in the 3-4-3.

Moutinho took control of the midfield when on and his positioning was first class and key to us winning the game.

The whole back 5 were great.

Raul my MotM, but for 2 top drawer Forster saves he'd have got off the mark.

We shall not talk of the first half or Nunes performance today.

Edit: Lemina was limping when he came out to the bench second half. General consensus was an injury.

Jeff Shi laughing and joking to the Lamborghini song seemed to make his day. Football is weird.
Steady now! You almost praised Adama.:) For once I agree with your overall analysis.

Totally agree, I had him down as a bit of a clogger but he's really not. Intelligent and uses the ball well too
Makes it all the more bizarre West Ham let him go. I know (reportedly, anyway) he wanted to move back into the area but he seems exactly what Moyes would want in a CB.

Considering some of the mental money thrown around what we paid for him is grand larceny.

Step up to the plate. You’re in Ireland and able to watch all the games live on tv? Post your commentary on here as in the past.

Step up to the plate. You’re in Ireland and able to watch all the games live on tv? Post your commentary on here as in the past.
If a remember correctly he used to do that but he was about 5 mins behind so posts were made after a moment had been discussed. Think WH stopped when people had a go as he would post about a goal ages after it was scored and people thought we had scored again. So he tried but it didn't work.

Anyone expecting Gary Neville levels of analysis on a comms thread is in for a shock. It will always be OTT bollocks that describes nothing other than emotions at the time.
It's the reason I dodge them.

Totally agree, I had him down as a bit of a clogger but he's really not. Intelligent and uses the ball well too
One of my West Ham fan friends was very bullish about the Dawson transfer. He said he would be a great asset.

Makes it all the more bizarre West Ham let him go. I know (reportedly, anyway) he wanted to move back into the area but he seems exactly what Moyes would want in a CB.

Considering some of the mental money thrown around what we paid for him is grand larceny.
Our signing of the season?

Back