• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

At the moment toss up between him and Lemina for sure. I do think long term Sarabia will prove stupidly good value as well but he's not had the same level of impact yet.

Dawson is the type of centre half Collins should be modelling himself on rather than the Beckenbaur clone I think he was being moulded into.

Being able to play out from the back is a necessity at Man City and a nice to have at Wolves, but being a solid defender at Molineux is the first priority. Collins can become that. Ryan Bennett 2.0 please

Super result. We were very passive early doors. It was uncomfortable watching Skipp pick his passes and doing well, a Waitrose Jack Price. Very telling that when we dialled up the voltage in the second half he's suddenly making mistakes and ineffective.

Lemina did an excellent job on Kane who did his usual shtick of refereeing the game. No amount of goals against Sammarinese bin-men will ever cover the fact he's a colossal cunt. Barely a sniff in the second half.

Second half was vastly improved, Lop got the big calls right, lots of solid performances but Dawson is a leader of men at the back, he's making those around him better but moreover he also distributes well, aggressive in the challenge and a real Frankowski puzzle piece.

Big shame for Costa, possibly the last we see him at Wolves. Raul did well in the second half, I'm desperate for him to come good but we've had these isolated good appearances before so I'll be cautiously optimistic that we've had two in our last three with the Fulham performance.

Traore is Traore, loves a game against Spurs doesnt he? excellent cross for Raul's header and he took the goal exceptionally well considering how he had to adjust to get the rebound away. He seemed to be more active out of possession today and was (mostly) good at killing the game in the last few minutes.. One thing I will point out is he gave it away right at the death which allowed Spurs to break right at the death, classic Adama. You cant deny he's loved by his teammates.

Cunha has to score. Really poor finish. That aside he's a willing runner and direct with the ball. Hopefully his hard work pays off soon.

All I want before Neves leaves is one more screamer, thought that was coming today during that period.

Hopefully we can follow this up now at the Geordies who have fallen off a cliff since the New Year.

Last edited:
Alright lads, waking up after that crazy day. What a day and what a game (second half).

It was lovely seeing all the lads again, can't wait to be back again. The atmosphere was amazing, the result amazing was. We had some downright beautiful plays there, and then Adama scored with that flick that I'm still debating whether was intentional or not.

The first half was a terrible football game, it wasn't just us. But the second was oh so worth it.

I don't think the ref helped with the first half. He was giving fouls for very little contact so it ended up being a slow game. Second half with the change of formation we dominated the midfield battle and Spurs kept playing into our pressing traps (Moutinho great at this). Semedo was excellent again, I don't think we've seen him put together a consistent run of form like this since we signed him.

Adama was good Adama (mostly) and I'm pleased that he got his goal, as a person you can't help but like the guy. Still don't want him to stay though...

Atmosphere was good in the second half after we built a bit of pressure and great after we scored. Was hilarious to see Jeff Shi bouncing up and down in his box to the Lamborghini song. Shame about the Spurs fans kicking off after the game. Same as Liverpool after we smacked them 3-0, these Super League wannabes are seriously sore losers.

Great to see Joel & João again, we need to have a whip round and get them a season ticket because every time they come to Molineux Wolves win!

I don't think the ref helped with the first half. He was giving fouls for very little contact so it ended up being a slow game. Second half with the change of formation we dominated the midfield battle and Spurs kept playing into our pressing traps (Moutinho great at this). Semedo was excellent again, I don't think we've seen him put together a consistent run of form like this since we signed him.

Adama was good Adama (mostly) and I'm pleased that he got his goal, as a person you can't help but like the guy. Still don't want him to stay though...

Atmosphere was good in the second half after we built a bit of pressure and great after we scored. Was hilarious to see Jeff Shi bouncing up and down in his box to the Lamborghini song. Shame about the Spurs fans kicking off after the game. Same as Liverpool after we smacked them 3-0, these Super League wannabes are seriously sore losers.

Great to see Joel & João again, we need to have a whip round and get them a season ticket because every time they come to Molineux Wolves win!
What did the Spurs fans do?

Alright lads, waking up after that crazy day. What a day and what a game (second half).

It was lovely seeing all the lads again, can't wait to be back again. The atmosphere was amazing, the result amazing was. We had some downright beautiful plays there, and then Adama scored with that flick that I'm still debating whether was intentional or not.

The first half was a terrible football game, it wasn't just us. But the second was oh so worth it.
I’m sorry I missed you guys. Just a week too late. I’m glad you had a great time.

See, I have no issue with Adama staying, if used correctly as a sub in certain games, on a contract befitting of that squad role. However, he wont want that will he which is where the issue lies

See, I have no issue with Adama staying, if used correctly as a sub in certain games, on a contract befitting of that squad role. However, he wont want that will he which is where the issue lies
Said exactly this to my lad yesterday. His best role is undoubtedly as a substitute and I don’t think he wants that or we will be prepared to pay what he’d want for such a role.

He was good. But there are plenty of players out there we could get doing the same thing. Particulalrly when most the time his presence completely disrupts the balance of the team (which we dealt with by moving him around) and has way too many stinkers where he is beyond useless.

Wading into groups of Wolves fans by the Sir Jack statue.

There were a couple of things which were strange about Spurs' following yesterday. Firstly, there were only 2 coaches on Faulkland Street car park as opposed to the usual 12ish meaning a very large number came presumably by train. Secondly, the demographic was odd, the average age must have been well into their 50s and before the game were chanting Y..Army. Did make me wonder if the game was chosen as some kind of reunion event, although in this day and age I don't know how you could sort tickets for that.

There were a couple of things which were strange about Spurs' following yesterday. Firstly, there were only 2 coaches on Faulkland Street car park as opposed to the usual 12ish meaning a very large number came presumably by train. Secondly, the demographic was odd, the average age must have been well into their 50s and before the game were chanting Y..Army. Did make me wonder if the game was chosen as some kind of reunion event, although in this day and age I don't know how you could sort tickets for that.
Also didn't seem many wearing their colours (or they all thought it was cold and kept their coats on).
Did see couple of Israeli flags (don't know if that's usual for them)

Back