• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-0 Spurs: Verdict Thread

He was very much like the Raul of old. No coincidence he plays well when players are close to him.

The narrow fluid 3 up front worked much better for him.

Yeah, I don’t think he is done yet. He has just had next to nothing to feed off/was often on his own up top. He looks his best with players around him who he can lay off too and link with.

Not saying anything on the game as it's been said already.

On the Dawson front a friend of mine locally (well my barber, but that's irrelavent) who is a long term WH fan says that he (and many others he knows) are happy for Dawson. He was unhappy at WH & wanted to be back up here for family & they are concious of the service he had given over the years to the club. Really does improve us as he is experienced as a PL cb which nothing else we have are.

Also as Lycan said godd to see Joel & Joao again, plus had a good evening with hem both & a meal at the Dilshad.

That plus turning over Spurs made it a seriously good weeked & well worth the shedload of money it cost.

Not saying anything on the game as it's been said already.

On the Dawson front a friend of mine locally (well my barber, but that's irrelavent) who is a long term WH fan says that he (and many others he knows) are happy for Dawson. He was unhappy at WH & wanted to be back up here for family & they are concious of the service he had given over the years to the club. Really does improve us as he is experienced as a PL cb which nothing else we have are.

Also as Lycan said godd to see Joel & Joao again, plus had a good evening with hem both & a meal at the Dilshad.

That plus turning over Spurs made it a seriously good weeked & well worth the shedload of money it cost.
It was a nice dinner with you! Great fun all around :)

Now that I know about these flights I'll try to pop in more often

You are expecting people...sorry fans, caught up in the moment to give you a detailed summary in that instance?
Kind of yes. Not right there and then but maybe within a couple of minutes. It's a couple of sentences , takes about 30-40 seconds.
I'm not listening to a radio, I'm following it on Fotmob.
I was actually running a table at a craft fair, watching the info on my phone, tucked away between talking to customers.

Kind of yes. Not right there and then but maybe within a couple of minutes. It's a couple of sentences , takes about 30-40 seconds.
I was actually running a table at a craft fair, watching the info on my phone, tucked away between talking to customers.
BBC live text of each game is your friend for such details.

Step up to the plate. You’re in Ireland and able to watch all the games live on tv? Post your commentary on here as in the past.
Well.... no.
If it's not on Sky or BT then its Sky Sports news or Fotmob. We have crap BB here, Crap phone signal strength and am sick of watching Hesgoal or whatever for 45 mins trying to get a decent signal so no.
I read the matchday thread on here and watch SSNews.
I might be dropping BT soon too. its costing me €37 a month and i don't know if Wolves are on BT twice a month. So its pricey.

BBC or Sky Sports app then. Live text comms on both or even follow the likes of little Liam on Twitter.

In fairness, WH, I can try to be more descriptive. I guess since we’ve been back in the Prem I have kind of taken it for granted that folks here have easy access to games.

Wolfie, my tv channel over here dropped prem footie 6 months after i signed up for five years, so i listen to mikey on wolves live comms, if i cant get that bbc sports website is the best or ex and blah live text.

BBC live text of each game is your friend for such details.
Yes thanks Sniffer, I do swop between Fotmob Sky and BBC but I watch Fotmob because it shows almost all the passes by both sides, I think that's quite clever, But there are times when it lags for a couple or 3 minutes. It's all so frustrating and wearing.

In fairness, WH, I can try to be more descriptive. I guess since we’ve been back in the Prem I have kind of taken it for granted that folks here have easy access to games.
Thanks Alan. Anything better than Yessss and Get in! would good.
My wife reminded me that Sky took €172 out of our account for the last 3 months. They do give us BB and TV but along with about €65 for both our phones that's around €235 a fucking month for communications so BT might get dropped...

Thanks Alan. Anything better than Yessss and Get in! would good.
My wife reminded me that Sky took €172 out of our account for the last 3 months. They do give us BB and TV but along with about €65 for both our phones that's around €235 a fucking month for communications so BT might get dropped...
Works in both of our favors; I wanna get better about deciphering patterns of play so I can use this as motivation to get me taking notes during games. It might even help my verdict thread posts be insightful!

Makes sense tbf - get Alan to do it first and then he'll quickly be corrected by everyone else, thus giving you loads of commentary to feast on

Yes thanks Sniffer, I do swop between Fotmob Sky and BBC but I watch Fotmob because it shows almost all the passes by both sides, I think that's quite clever, But there are times when it lags for a couple or 3 minutes. It's all so frustrating and wearing.
Have a look at Flashscore, Roy. Go to https://www.flashscore.co.uk/ and search Wolves at the top. If you click on any of the games you'll get a separate window with all sorts in. Click on 'Commentary' and you'll see how it was described. This goes up in real time. It's often a minute or so ahead of radio and TV commentary, because it uses the info that goes to betting sites.

Have a look at Flashscore, Roy. Go to https://www.flashscore.co.uk/ and search Wolves at the top. If you click on any of the games you'll get a separate window with all sorts in. Click on 'Commentary' and you'll see how it was described. This goes up in real time. It's often a minute or so ahead of radio and TV commentary, because it uses the info that goes to betting sites.

Can follow the games quite well, in a pass by pass fashion, on Bet365 with their little live pitch graphic

The live match thread is for people who are mostly going to be watching the game, and aren't gonna be looking away from the screen for long periods of time typing out descriptions of what's going on. If you're following along on the radio or text services then you have to accept you're gonna have to wait for the highlights to understand what was going on.

Occasionally if I'm busy and can't watch (like on Tue/Wed night games when I'm out) I'll check in occasionally to see which way the wind is blowing terms of performance and comments. That's plenty to understand what kind of performance we're getting.

I love watching the game, and then reading the match day thread back afterwards.

Almost always bears no resemblance to the game I've just watched, or to reality in general. It's like PMQs with added hyperbole.

Back