• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Spurs: Verdict thread

Listening to the pundits etc.

How about giving us some praise...
Spurs played as well as we let them, make no mistake it was an excellent performance we got on top and played well.

Young players dont always make the right decision in the final ball and we have been guilty of that all season.

We miss Raul massively his movement in the box is what you would expect from an experienced player.

Just have Owen man mark Fernandes out of existence, IMO.

Xg was 0.9 for us, 0.4 for Spurs - but sky are wanging on about Spurs endlessly so far in the after match comments.

Played well but I think Spurs fans will be appalled by Mourinho's approach which played into our hands. I thought everyone played well and Tierny was in with a shout of being Spurs MOTM, he had a golden fifteen minutes in the second half where every time a Spurs player fell over he gave a foul, including a ridiculous free kick for Davies against Traore.

Semedo had his best game yet, Pod buzzed about and though at times frustrating he also looks most likely to open a packed, disciplined defence. Oh and it appears Moutinho and Neves can play together. Nice short cameo from OO too.

Way more positives than negatives - best game I’ve seen from Semedo - Traore much better too. Podence could do with trying a trick or two less.
We seemed to have way more options in the final third, even if the last pass or focal point wasn’t quite there.

Yep, it's perhaps the first time this season I've seen what Nuno is maybe aiming for.

We have some way to go though, but I feel we'll only get there by playing this way more often than not

Jose - "we had control of the game" 😂😂

I didnt think he did much wrong. He got caught under one high ball but I can't remember any glaring errors otherwise.
No, nothing glaring. I'm probably just expecting too much for Fosun's money :)

I would have ripped your arm off for a point at half time.Silva done ok , but Raul would have buried that one. Should have been three points though, but so much better than against Burnley.

On Fabio, even experienced players can fluff those kind of late chances. Thought he played well and every game he'll be learning.

Doesn't seem overawed and I want to see him on the pitch developing understanding with the Pods, Netos and Adama's in the team

Satisfying day at the office, all things considered. Could, maybe should, have snuck it at the end, but I’ll take that, all things considered.

Jose says they had control of the game....
Good work from the interviewer to immediately point out that their last shot on target was on 21 minutes!

On Fabio, even experienced players can fluff those kind of late chances. Thought he played well and every game he'll be learning.

Doesn't seem overawed and I want to see him on the pitch developing understanding with the Pods, Netos and Adama's in the team
Don't go changing, trying to please me
You never let me down before
I don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

copyright MR Billy Joel

Last edited:
Jose says they had control of the game....
He speaks respectfully about us though, says a point against us is generally a good one, but he'd want more after scoring so early and keeping the lead till late in the game

Mourinho disappointed Spurs didn't get another. Well playing Son ahead of Winks might be a start. So negative. Spurs fans will tolerate him so long as they're challenging but he's got zero goodwill in the bank.

Just a killer pass away from winning that game comfortably for me. Great attacking display as we got into so many areas but a lofted ball could have been a drilled cross, more of Semedo type balls that Silva nearly scored from. We were very good tonight for me and hopefully we can be more consistant now.

Oh Fabio btw...

Back