• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Spurs: Verdict thread

Halsey's consistency in making dreadful decisions against us left me thinking that no ref could be that bad and therefore maybe darker forces were at work.
It feels like when refs are "ok" it's such an unusual situation

I read the matchday thread yesterday, after listening to the game via comms.
And frankly have no idea where some of you were coming from... OK I will accept that Robert 63, drank more cypro in one day, than I have drunk in a year but come on guys ffs.
Spurs didn't go full defence by plan, we pushed them back there, and the kids, including semedo gave them shit , apart from the final last touches which would have beaten them 5 -1 or even more.
We have four or five major players injured, but ffs give these kids some support.
On comms Chris iwelumo, andyThompson, Carl ikeme, and many others have nothing but praise for Silva, he's a babe thrust into the fire because Raul is fucked, and according to professionals ( sorry that leaves more than half of the match day thread on their arses), we are A.trying a totally new formation,
and B. trying it with kids forced on us by injuries, which we never had last season or the season before, and frankly in their opinion and mine, we ain't fucked it so bad thus far!
I believe, contrary to prawn, Robert ( whatever fucking number) and whoever that this season will see us emerge as a new, surprising side in the prem,but frankly if the players ever log on to the match day thread on TWF, jeez they need to buy a gun and shoot themselves.
Some of you are better than nuno while you are still asleep in bed with a hangover, some of you just talk bollocks, whether that's wumming or what, I know not or care not, but frankly like many older posters on the TWF, I may read the match day thread, but wouldn't go near it and post or comment onthe total bollocks posted...... With a bargepole.
I love this forum, but we are allowing dickheads ( like me when I was almost an alcoholic on cypro, that's for paddy) TO TAKE OVER THREADS, ESPECIALLY THE MATCHDAY THREAD.

I played my share of professional football, for money, but frankly I think some of the current fuckwits allowed to spout such total bollocks on the forum and especially the match day thread, given a boot and a lace separately, would end up tying their cock in a knot and putting the boot on their head at their daughters wedding.
Can we get our forum back? Nah the numpties took over, sorry DW you gave it a good shot along with Marka, Parkin, and a good few others, but.......

Jarvo was a separate one. The season before.

It was our good friend Stuart Pratwell on this occasion.
Think this was the game I first met Darlo (we bumped into each other on the train iirc).

I do remember travelling back with hordes of Newcastle fans, all saying what a good game it was - proper tackles and they felt they had a lucky result. Motd spent the entire highlights talking about it as though it was the most violent game in history and that Karl Henry was the devil incarnate.

Var has gone backwards afyervso much criticism, penalty by pubic hair, last year no penalty by a huge dogs bollocks this year!
It is shit and stockley park needs to be confronted .....live on TV... Come on BBC and sky... Put it up there!

Think this was the game I first met Darlo (we bumped into each other on the train iirc).

I do remember travelling back with hordes of Newcastle fans, all saying what a good game it was - proper tackles and they felt they had a lucky result. Motd spent the entire highlights talking about it as though it was the most violent game in history and that Karl Henry was the devil incarnate.
Aye. I thought it was a good, solid, old fashioned hard game. They gave as good as they got. Alan Smith spent the entire game sliding around on his arse. Didn't see anything overtly horrible from either side. Apart from that fat cunt Nolan trying to be referee.

It feels like when refs are "ok" it's such an unusual situation
It does feel like that now but I recall it got that it to the stage that whenever Halsey was the ref prior to the game you'd discuss how he'd screw us over and he never disappointed. It wasn't just incompetence as all the really bad decisions went against us.

Refs..... i can't think of a good one among any of the premier refs these days. In fact it goes back a long way. I think they have all had a top 6 bias even back in the 80's. What's shocking is that even with VAR it's still the same. I'm stunned Kane's 10 point dive last night wasn't ruled a penalty.
Referees should be held to account for their shit decisions, but no one (it seems) can say fuck all about them. Maybe if more of them did like Nuno in his interview then something could be done about it. I doubt it though....

And frankly have no idea where some of you were coming from... OK I will accept that Robert 63, drank more cypro in one day, than I have drunk in a year but come on guys ffs.
Spurs didn't go full defence by plan, we pushed them back there, and the kids, including semedo gave them shit , apart from the final last touches which would have beaten them 5 -1 or even more.
We have four or five major players injured, but ffs give these kids some support.
On comms Chris iwelumo, andyThompson, Carl ikeme, and many others have nothing but praise for Silva, he's a babe thrust into the fire because Raul is fucked, and according to professionals ( sorry that leaves more than half of the match day thread on their arses), we are A.trying a totally new formation,
and B. trying it with kids forced on us by injuries, which we never had last season or the season before, and frankly in their opinion and mine, we ain't fucked it so bad thus far!
I believe, contrary to prawn, Robert ( whatever fucking number) and whoever that this season will see us emerge as a new, surprising side in the prem,but frankly if the players ever log on to the match day thread on TWF, jeez they need to buy a gun and shoot themselves.
Some of you are better than nuno while you are still asleep in bed with a hangover, some of you just talk bollocks, whether that's wumming or what, I know not or care not, but frankly like many older posters on the TWF, I may read the match day thread, but wouldn't go near it and post or comment onthe total bollocks posted...... With a bargepole.
I love this forum, but we are allowing dickheads ( like me when I was almost an alcoholic on cypro, that's for paddy) TO TAKE OVER THREADS, ESPECIALLY THE MATCHDAY THREAD.

I played my share of professional football, for money, but frankly I think some of the current fuckwits allowed to spout such total bollocks on the forum and especially the match day thread, given a boot and a lace separately, would end up tying their cock in a knot and putting the boot on their head at their daughters wedding.
Can we get our forum back? Nah the numpties took over, sorry DW you gave it a good shot along with Marka, Parkin, and a good few others, but.......
300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

I bet you did a similar list for Neto last year...
No but he and Jordao raised eyebrows at 20m and we got it 50% right . 10m is a risk. 35m is record signing territory. I was surprised that we spent so much on an untried untested player when we needed a completely different profile. Having done that , losing Raul has hamstrung us. I can’t change that opinion. If we had bought Silva and picked up a 32 year old for 5m as well as Raul back up I could have understood it more. We gambled and lost. We spent 90 m in the summer. Hardly a trifling amount. Fabio may be the next Ronaldinho in 2023 but we need him to be the next Raul in 2020 and so far he isn’t and has not shown he will be.

sorry mate but I think this rant is way more over the top than the negative comments on the match thread. I've seen much, much worse. Most were fairly positive and allowed for our injuries and inexperience. Of course there were occasional odd and silly comments but you're bound to get that with live feeds, we all get a bit passionate and over the top sometimes during a game.

sorry mate but I think this rant is way more over the top than the negative comments on the match thread. I've seen much, much worse. Most were fairly positive and allowed for our injuries and inexperience. Of course there were occasional odd and silly comments but you're bound to get that with live feeds, we all get a bit passionate and over the top sometimes during a game.
Sorry sychp, can't agree with that, stayed of match thread and read whole thing today in one go, bore. Absolutely no resemblance to what I listened to live during the game. OK I don't have the gigabites to watch it, but listened to the game, and heard the live comments off various professionals and apart from Robert 63, if that is his epiphet??? Not much of why I heard tallied at all with what was written, For example, Semedo on air and according to the ex wolves pros had a decent game, the match day thread fucked him with a brooom handle once again, for what I think was one mistake.
I just believe the realism and sensible discourse of the forum has been eaten by the wums, who it seems have nothing else in their life other than typing every two minutes on the forum as a whole.
Just read the threads, how many times do the same names come up continually, no matter what the subject, and frankly so often they are almost answering their own posts.
Sorry sad old member....wondering where bit has all gone!

Sorry sychp, can't agree with that, stayed of match thread and read whole thing today in one go, bore. Absolutely no resemblance to what I listened to live during the game. OK I don't have the gigabites to watch it, but listened to the game, and heard the live comments off various professionals and apart from Robert 63, if that is his epiphet??? Not much of why I heard tallied at all with what was written, For example, Semedo on air and according to the ex wolves pros had a decent game, the match day thread fucked him with a brooom handle once again, for what I think was one mistake.
I just believe the realism and sensible discourse of the forum has been eaten by the wums, who it seems have nothing else in their life other than typing every two minutes on the forum as a whole.
Just read the threads, how many times do the same names come up continually, no matter what the subject, and frankly so often they are almost answering their own posts.
Sorry sad old member....wondering where bit has all gone!
And by the way it wasn't a rant and a surprise for Paddy it had no cypro involved, it was just in my opinion a sad reflection of how I remembered the forum and how of it is now.

No but he and Jordao raised eyebrows at 20m and we got it 50% right . 10m is a risk. 35m is record signing territory. I was surprised that we spent so much on an untried untested player when we needed a completely different profile. Having done that , losing Raul has hamstrung us. I can’t change that opinion. If we had bought Silva and picked up a 32 year old for 5m as well as Raul back up I could have understood it more. We gambled and lost. We spent 90 m in the summer. Hardly a trifling amount. Fabio may be the next Ronaldinho in 2023 but we need him to be the next Raul in 2020 and so far he isn’t and has not shown he will be.
Our net spend was a lot less than £90m. Like zero.

Back