• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Spurs: Verdict thread

I don't suppose you noticed the player who made it to the byline most and spannerd it into the stand, I think it's called the Tony Daley award ?

No, there wasn't an award for that, but I thought the Neves mention was worth bringing to the discussion around him. It's definitely an area of his game that's dropped off, and it used to be a valuable occasional weapon in our arsenal.

In an ideal world both players (as I assume you're referring to Adama) would get back to the heights they're capable of sooner rather than later.

His shooting from open play hasn't been too bad (xG will tell you that you aren't actually likely to score that many from there, but he's hitting the target often enough). His set pieces have been shite though. I'd rather he keep trying mind, rather than giving up and passing the responsibility to players who aren't as good.

I'd have him on corners rather than Joao. Stick someone else on the edge of the box. Podence will do.

His shooting from open play hasn't been too bad (xG will tell you that you aren't actually likely to score that many from there, but he's hitting the target often enough). His set pieces have been shite though. I'd rather he keep trying mind, rather than giving up and passing the responsibility to players who aren't as good.

I'd have him on corners rather than Joao. Stick someone else on the edge of the box. Podence will do.
If Neves is on corners, you could have Neto edge of the box....he's not too shoddy with the long range stuff

Mark Halsey reckons we should have had a penalty for the dier on silva challenge.
Trying to get us to forgive him for the utter bollocks he gave against us is he.

It probably was a pen but Fabio over did it, just presume he had decided that day that Harry Kane would be his role model.

Could Mark Halsey explain why in 2011 he disallowed our goal vs Spurs when Gomes fouled Stearman, not the other way round?

One of my very most hated refs, which he's since double underlined by being mates with Richard Keys.

Could Mark Halsey explain why in 2011 he disallowed our goal vs Spurs when Gomes fouled Stearman, not the other way round?

One of my very most hated refs, which he's since double underlined by being mates with Richard Keys.
Same game as he allowed Hutton to get away with blue murder?

The Rennie Bolton game is often remembered as a terrible ref performance, but that Spurs one with Halsey was worse for me (if i am not merging games, which i sometimes do)

The Gomes challenge was similar in some ways to Leeds challenge on Mee yesterday, scandalous.

Same game as he allowed Hutton to get away with blue murder?

The Rennie Bolton game is often remembered as a terrible ref performance, but that Spurs one with Halsey was worse for me (if i am not merging games, which i sometimes do)

The Gomes challenge was similar in some ways to Leeds challenge on Mee yesterday, scandalous.
Yeah it was. Dragged Milijas back as he was about to reach the ball in front of the keeper and he gave nothing.

We got a penalty but he didn't send him off as he hadn't denied a goalscoring chance apparently. I mean if you ignore he was about to tap in with the keeper stranded, he had no chance

alan-hutton-of-tottenham-fouls-nenad-milijas-during-the-barclays-picture-id109809380

Not a goalscoring opportunity.

The keeper isn't even within the width of the posts there by the way, don't be fooled by the optical illusion.

Halsey is the consistently worst ref we've had in the PL. Didn't send Dunne off for pulling Doyle back when clean through in the second minute versus Villa. Gave a free kick on O'Hara against Newcastle when he was 2 yards inside the box.

Was Halsey the ref when we played Newcastle and Jarvis was taken out about a metre inside the penalty area and he gave a free kick about a metre outside the area?

Halsey is the consistently worst ref we've had in the PL. Didn't send Dunne off for pulling Doyle back when clean through in the second minute versus Villa. Gave a free kick on O'Hara against Newcastle when he was 2 yards inside the box.
Didn't send Sidwell off for literally breaking Guedioura's leg.

Oh, pretty sure in that Villa game Warnock (not Colin) had a stonewall second yellow. Didn't give it.

Crossed it in for their last minute winner.

Was Halsey the ref when we played Newcastle and Jarvis was taken out about a metre inside the penalty area and he gave a free kick about a metre outside the area?
Yes he was.

Also disallowed our goal at the end because the ball was out of play when it was crossed. Except it wasn't.

I hate him.

My memory says it was O'Hara, but whoever it was, then yes

Halsey's consistency in making dreadful decisions against us left me thinking that no ref could be that bad and therefore maybe darker forces were at work.

Back