• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

Putting aside the decision itself, I don’t understand the VAR process.

The subjective element that was decided was interference. How could this be determined from the only side-on still image that the referee was shown? All that did was show the attacker in a technically offside position, which was not in dispute.
No. That's what you may have seen but they definitely showed a front on view.

We could play Hugo Bueno instead of Matt Doherty.

I was there mate and no, Matt Doherty was not excellent.
But he's never going to be regardless of how he plays in your book. I'll grant you he's not Maldini but he was far from our worst player today IMO.

Sorry, I usually agree with you on most decisions but I can see why they disallowed Kilman's equalizer. Totally agree the keeper was never getting to it but there was a moment when he wouldn't have seen the ball and that is all it needs. Of course, it's bullshit but under the current rules, you can expect decisions like this.
GON, 'I can see if your knowledge or understanding of football is low how you could give that'

He was definitely our worst player, he was fucking terrible.
Worse than Toti who constantly let Antonio run in behind him, and also pissed about trying not one but two short passes in the build up to their penalty?

Not to the ref they didn't.
They showed the side on view first and then switched to the South Bank view. Then he made a decision. The side on showed the offside. The South Bank showed the "interference."

Last edited:
Worse than Toti who constantly let Antonio run in behind him, and also pissed about trying not one but two short passes in the build up to their penalty?
Bueno was as bad as Toti without the goal contribution. At points he couldn't even get goal side of Antonio. Our back 6 all were variations of crap. I'd even argue Doherty was the best of a very poor bunch for the positive interventions EP mentioned. Not that he should be starting a PL game at LWB

I did think all the CBs were culpable at times of letting Antonio go free. Doc and Kilman were probably the best of a bad bunch. At least they showed a few positive things as well as poor.

For all the grief Doherty is getting, Kilman for me was far more aggregious an offender. When you need leadership to calm the nerves and stem the tide, he did nothing except make as many bad decisions as everybody else. For all the normal defensive things he does reasonably okay, it's the things he doesn't do that make him a liability.

This is just weird.

Matt Doherty being 'ok for Matt Doherty, in 2024, at left wing back' does not give him a free pass. I've seen him play worse 50 or more times but so what. He shouldn't be there and he didn't need to be there.

20240406_134227L.jpg
And this is the view the keeper had and why it was ruled out....

Back