• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Then start him and bring Fabio on after 75 mins when he tires, it ain’t fucking rocket science.

I can only assume he bought Fabio on as he’s the quicker of the pair and a better ball carrier. But he’s still not quick enough to threaten any defender at this level and every other attribute isn’t of the required standard. He’s just looks like Patrick Cutrone to me (but a worse touch)

Then start him and bring Fabio on after 75 mins when he tires, it ain’t fucking rocket science.
Or start Sasa and bring on Cunha who isn't doing enough to justify a starting role either but at least has some qualities we can work with.

Silva just shouldn't be anywhere near at this stage. He's still not good enough and probably never will be.

Or start Sasa and bring on Cunha who isn't doing enough to justify a starting role either but at least has some qualities we can work with.

Silva just shouldn't be anywhere near at this stage. He's still not good enough and probably never will be.
I actually think Cunha will thrive off Sasa being the further forward and he can come off him. Sasa is an intelligent forward and will give balls into area's Cunha can run on to. Cunha having Silva and Hwang as support might as well play a traffic cone.

I do think Fabs was put in a no-win situation yesterday. Came on and immediately was so isolated we could hardly bring him into play.

That said, the few moments he did have didn't amount to anything significant.

I do think Fabs was put in a no-win situation yesterday. Came on and immediately was so isolated we could hardly bring him into play.

Not a dig at all but it's one where you won't appreciate just how shit he was unless you were actually at the game.

That said, the few moments he did have didn't amount to anything significant
Dawson fizzed the ball into him yesterday and he immediately lost out to the young Liverpool CB.

That didn't improve for 10 minutes and then he hid for the next 10 or made the same runs as his team mates.

He was terrible.

Agreed, boils down to GON being inept as fuck. In what parallel universe will a right hand side of Semedo and Mr Attacking winger Doherty actually fucking work. I emphasise the word FUCKING as well.

He's 21 and no stronger than when he was 18, he's actually regressed in a sense as there were points under Lage where he looked like he'd started to handle that part of the game, but he's back to where he was.
It'll upset the usual suspects but he's a centre forward without pace, strength, finishing, touch or hold up play. There are the odd flashes of decent movement

Last edited:
His attitude absolutely does my nut in. Like watching Kevin the Teenager play football. Stop throwing your arms around like it's the greatest injustice in the world that someone didn't pass you the ball when you're hiding behind a defender FFS.

I haven't got a clue what type of forward he's supposed to be. You might accept that (leaving aside the price tag) when he was 18, had played a handful of senior games and wasn't signed with being a starter in immediate mind but three years on?

Dawson fizzed the ball into him yesterday and he immediately lost out to the young Liverpool CB.

That didn't improve for 10 minutes and then he hid for the next 10 or made the same runs as his team mates.

He was terrible.
Far too much hiding from him. It angers me to see No.9 on his back.

His best spell of form in a Wolves shirt was a handful of appearances under Lage, but then Lage didn't play him consistently after that.

We have a £45m striker who just can't score, and won't be able to do so at Premier League level. Outside of the Swiss farmers league his record is shocking. Now, he's a bloody good footballer, probably our best, so we need to find him a position where he's helpful. Swapping him to right and Sasa up top is *surely* the play.

We have a manager who was lamented for his in game management at Bournemouth, and it's no surprise that we're still seeing it. The Premier League isn't a place where a manager can cut their teeth, you either can do it or you get sacked. We all know which, we just don't know when.

First half was legitimately excellent, but we didn't take our chances and then our Championship manager basically got Premier Leagued in the face.

Silva was wank. The substitutions were wank. The finishing or xG creation was also wank. The half time team talk and the reaction to Liverpool's tactical change was wank. Not going to comment on Doc's performance, he shouldn't even be here but then making that worse by putting him at right wing was just stupid.

Mental that we've basically got a must win game against Luton Town, in September.

Not a dig at all but it's one where you won't appreciate just how shit he was unless you were actually at the game.
Not saying he wasn’t still shit tbf. Just had the deck unnecessarily stacked against him.

At the price he came with and reputation, he should be making up that situation gap through talent, effort, etc. He isn’t.

Exactly whose side beat Liverpool last season, hopefully come the end of October beginning of November they’ll be another Lopetegui out there somewhere.

No thanks. I've had enough pragmatic football to last me a lifetime, someone who plays good football should be the aim. What's the point in being boring to watch and finishing 12th? Would rather enjoy the football we play and finish 15th/16th.

But his brief was to be isolated? He had to win a 1v1 battle with a CB, keep the ball for more than 2 seconds and then pass to someone else. How was he not going to be isolated when we couldn’t get out of our third? The only way of getting out our third was through him as Liverpool had forced it as our only option.

He's 21 and no stronger than when he was 18, he's actually regressed in a sense as there were points under Lage where he looked like he'd started to handle that part of the game, but he's back to where he was.
It'll upset the usual suspects but he's a centre forward without pace, strength, finishing, touch otwlr hold up play. There are the odd flashes of decent movement

Not even sure it's a lack of strength, when hes in position to hold someone off he can do it easily. It's mostly poor body positioning or balance which means they can brush him aside.

He was indeed dogshit yesterday.

With regards Cunha, one of the commentators on the station i was listening I think it was Martin Keown said about Cunha he looks like another Traore exciting can beat players but NO end product, at the moment we know he can't finish but if we move him out wide right maybe he could have a role as a provider of goals, at the very least we will find out if Keown is right, whilst Loppy got a fair few things right in his short stay here signing Cunha as a striker wasn't one of them, Sarabia seems to be another who isn't suited.

Surely every single team in the league sees a fixture against Luton as "must win"?

Back