• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

With regards Cunha, one of the commentators on the station i was listening I think it was Martin Keown said about Cunha he looks like another Traore exciting can beat players but NO end product, at the moment we know he can't finish but if we move him out wide right maybe he could have a role as a provider of goals, at the very least we will find out if Keown is right, whilst Loppy got a fair few things right in his short stay here signing Cunha as a striker wasn't one of them, Sarabia seems to be another who isn't suited.
It was Keown and given the pike-faced moron is wrong about almost everything it’s a virtual vote of confidence in Cunha if you ask me.

Cunha's heading is a bit shit isn't it? His goal against Palace wasn't a clean header and yesterday, well god knows what that was. Awful anticipation.

Thoughts?

“We conceded an absolutely crazy second goal which is a lot of the stuff I have been trying to get out of the players really since I got here.

“They play quite loosely and go off and do their own things. That is just the way they have been playing for an awful long time. So, trying to take that unpredictability out as much as we can until we get to the final third.

I don't get why Sasa isn't playing. It was a few weeks ago he managed a decent amount of minutes so should be good for 30 at the very least

I also wonder if Gazza is under instructions from above to play Fabio

O'Neil cutting out any kind of positional freedom is exactly why we've looked so toothless going forward.

'Taking the unpredictability out' is such a small time mentality. Mid table Championship here we fucking come.

With regards Cunha, one of the commentators on the station i was listening I think it was Martin Keown said about Cunha he looks like another Traore exciting can beat players but NO end product, at the moment we know he can't finish but if we move him out wide right maybe he could have a role as a provider of goals, at the very least we will find out if Keown is right, whilst Loppy got a fair few things right in his short stay here signing Cunha as a striker wasn't one of them, Sarabia seems to be another who isn't suited.
He has the Dave Edwards knack of always being off balance or falling over whenever he looks to strike the ball, which is fucking abysmal for any “forward” at this level. Something you’d expect from a clogger CB. At least Dave Edwards could use his head, Cunha is just as bad with that.

Plenty of times he works could opportunities and massively overhits through balls too or just fucks the situation and does some silly facial expression saying “oh silly me”, I’m not finding it funny anymore when you keep doing it.

I don’t know what the solution is with him. I don’t want him in the the 10 as his passing is often shite as I alluded to above and he’s not going to chip in with goals. Shove him out wide is probably the best situation. Given the team has very little attacking talent then there’s still a place for a player in our forward options who can’t score or assist

O'Neil cutting out any kind of positional freedom is exactly why we've looked so toothless going forward.

'Taking the unpredictability out' is such a small time mentality. Mid table Championship here we fucking come.
It certainly sounds very negative, Allardyce/Pulis tones.

Making the point that the second goal was shit defensively isn't a bad thing though, though obvious!

Shades of Saunders there.

You can come in and slag off all your predecessors if you've got any kind of CV yourself, better keep schtum if not

Seems a bit like gatekeeping to me, very Tony Bellew. Does this mean Pep can never be criticised because his CV is better than nearly anyone commenting on games?

Why do you critique Gary O'Neil, how many PL clubs have you managed? How many PL appearances on your CV that makes your opinion valid?

It's bullshit.

Managers publicly calling out players never normally ends well
Problem is, we don't have a credible alternative for the next 3 months at least so needs to manage the relationship one way or another

I don't get why Sasa isn't playing. It was a few weeks ago he managed a decent amount of minutes so should be good for 30 at the very least

I also wonder if Gazza is under instructions from above to play Fabio
That’s quite an assumption

I’d imagine yesterday GON wanted more mobility for us to break quickly. That being said, would’ve made for sense for him to come on 2nd half over Silva, focal point to get us up the pitch.

Going forward, Sasa with 3 behind him will be the way once Sasa fully fit I’d imagine

Problem is, we don't have a credible alternative for the next 3 months at least so needs to manage the relationship one way or another
The silver lining might be that if the CBs aren't doing what he's asked them to, he plays CBs who do do what GON asks them to

Back