• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Another game where we have a great first half but can't put the game to bed. Our finishing has to be the absolute worst in the league.

We needed to adjust when Liverpool brought all the forwards on, but we just ended up getting too deep and inviting them on to us. If O'Neill can't make adjustments and subs to keep us competitive then we're always going to struggle in second halves.

Promising yet ultimately disappointing. The theme of our season so far.

Last edited:
Dominated first half, should be 3-0 up and then we tire, have to bring on inferior players. Liverpool's quality told in the end.

We'll pick up enough points to stay up and be decent enough to watch which I'll take considering the best we can hope for with our transfer policy is bobbing around just existing.

There is play to build on, but we're so one dimensional in squad, tactics, pretty much everything. And we've conceded three or more goals in three out of five games. Not a good statistic.

Wswolf with the assist on the matchday thread I think but same old story really - don't get a 2nd goal and it's always coming.

We couldn't sustain the excellent first half intensity, be that through a combination of the subs Klopp made, fitness and our own mentality.

This game really highlights how much the subs rule favours the bigger clubs too.

Anyway, a far better performance than i anticipated pre match, and who knows what happens if Cunha scores that sitter!

Looked as though we came out 2nd half to defend the 1 nil lead and of course the inevitable happened. Should have won today quite easily

Better managers than O'Neil have been out-thought by Jurgen Klopp at half time.

The worrying thing for me is the total lack of a response to it.

Realistically while we have the forwards we do we're always going to draw games we should win and lose games we should draw.

Couple the former with the latter and we're on a hiding to nothing.

Bring on gifting Luton their first points of the season.

Dominated first half, should be 3-0 up and then we tire, have to bring on inferior players. Liverpool's quality told in the end.

We'll pick up enough points to stay up and be decent enough to watch which I'll take considering the best we can hope for with our transfer policy is bobbing around just existing.

We do go hell for leather in the first halves of games which I'm all for, but not if we can't sustain it. Just making a rod for our own backs.

Disappointed in O’Neil today. No idea how to respond to the 4-2-4.

Excellent first half, but then rinse and repeat of our performances against top teams for the last 18 months in the second.

We need to get Sasa fit enough so he can play up top for at least 60 minutes, or we're going to see us play well for large parts of games and then end up getting nothing from them due to our profligacy in front of goal.

We do go hell for leather in the first halves of games which I'm all for, but not if we can't sustain it. Just making a rod for our own backs.

Seems the players aren't fit enough to do it but if we play passively we get held at arms length and beat 1-0 as we offer no threat.

Better managers than O'Neil have been out-thought by Jurgen Klopp at half time.

The worrying thing for me is the total lack of a response to it.

Realistically while we have the forwards we do we're always going to draw games we should win and lose games we should draw.

Couple the former with the latter and we're on a hiding to nothing.

Bring on gifting Luton their first points of the season.

I think this is it for me - I don't begrudge him being outthought by a far superior manager, but we can't keep doing the same thing they're nullifying in the hope it works. Just insanity.

There is play to build on, but we're so one dimensional in squad, tactics, pretty much everything. And we've conceded three or more goals in three out of five games. Not a good statistic.
Our defence is an absolute car crash. While we have Kilman and Sa playing regularly we are gonna be relegation material. Kilman doesn't just need dropping he needs getting rid of completely. He is directly responsible for at least a third of the goals we concede. And considering we concede a lot of goals, he is a major problem.

Back