• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-3 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Sa cannot kick the ball where he’s presumably aiming at the best of times. Aiming for Neto when he was surrounded by two taller players was ridiculous. We were doing ok and a point would have been a decent result. Just keep the ball and get the defence back in shape.

Never saw Doherty as a right sided midfielder, and still don’t - he offered nothing.

Ergh yes we 4 defeats from 5 is pretty damming, conceding 11 goals from 5 games is very telling.
I’ve forgot Liverpool, BHA & Man Utd are the re-incarnation of Brazil 1970.

All games you'd expect to lose, even palace away is a game we wouldn't be favoured to win.

The Nuno says are over my man, we are a poor pl side who will Bob about until we eventually go down.

All games you'd expect to lose, even palace away is a game we wouldn't be favoured to win.

The Nuno says are over my man, we are a poor pl side who will Bob about until we eventually go down.
If that’s the case how do you make us favourites to go to Luton next week and win with a clean sheet?
I forgot just turn the form tap on again

Just what you need after a defeat, smug know it alls who think telling us that clubs with better players will generally beat us is some kind of piercing insight

Eh? Which is it? Too early to say or a poor team on the way?

FWIW, I think with a good manager we’d have more points already and have no worries about going down looking forward. Like, uhm, the first few months of this year when I seem to remember we did alright.

You just knew we'd go to shit at half time and Klopp would blow GON away, but apparently we just need to shrug our shoulders and accept that clubs with better players will do that
If you can't accept clubs like Liverpool, City, Arsenal beating us most of the time because they are better than us, then I'm surprised you've sustained supporting Wolves for this long?

The third goal was unjust really but shows that top teams take opportunities. Salah plays a crap cross, Kilman passes it back and then it goes to Elliot who gets a deflection and it goes in off the post when his original shot was going wide.
Yes, but Sa was 100% responsible for that goal.
He rushed out into a crowd of retreating Liverpool players then instead of just hanging on for 10 seconds he tries to kick it out whilst impeded and gets no distance on it, it comes straight back but the shot is actually going wide till Beuno sticks his leg out and it gets deflected off his heel past a despairing flat out dive from Sa on his near post!
For fuck's sake!!

Eh? Which is it? Too early to say or a poor team on the way?

FWIW, I think with a good manager we’d have more points already and have no worries about going down looking forward. Like, uhm, the first few months of this year when I seem to remember we did alright.

Maybe, the football would likely be poor to watch like it was last season. For the sake of probably 7/8 points, doesn't really make much of a difference to a team who'll finish lower mid table. We aren't troubling the top 7/8.

If you can't accept clubs like Liverpool, City, Arsenal beating us most of the time because they are better than us, then I'm surprised you've sustained supporting Wolves for this long?
Think it’s more directed at the Brighton collapse and shite second half at Palace, as said if you’re shrugging your shoulders about losing at Palace then you’re probably saying we’ll lose 13 away games guaranteed with maybe a couple more. Secondly you’re probably nailing us on for certain relegation.

It's clear we're trying to counter-attack the opposition and it's an obvious tactic/coaching decision, but it needs to be worked on in terms of when it's appropriate and when it isn't.

However, he can't account for the team totally switching off.
But if he had hold on to the ball and just let the team to breathe it would never have happened..

GON just now: “Today’s not the level we’ll be judged against”. So, he agrees with some on here and you can make of that what you will.

You asked what makes us favourites. I showed you the bookies odds which do exactly that.
Look we might win there but it’s absolutely not a game to have an arrogant attitude that we’ll win.
You’ve said it yourself we’re a poor PL side so therefore absolutely no game is guaranteed.

Back