• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-4 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Semedo should have made sure he went down.
Lack of professionalism, for every goal.
With hindsight that's absolutely true. It's just somewhat bemusing to me that, were it Bruno Fernandes or something, he would have dropped and rolled around like he was shot. Mitoma, on the other hand, shows what happens when you play through a challenge like that.

Other players should take note, really.

With hindsight that's absolutely true. It's just somewhat bemusing to me that, were it Bruno Fernandes or something, he would have dropped and rolled around like he was shot. Mitoma, on the other hand, shows what happens when you play through a challenge like that.

You mean like when Cunha moaned about not being given a foul on half way when he had 30 yards to drive into and we nearly set up a decent chance?

And Mitoma rather than looking for a penalty was looking to score. I’m convinced had we been in the same position we’d have hit the deck looking for a pen

You mean like when Cunha moaned about not being given a foul on half way when he had 30 yards to drive into and we nearly set up a decent chance?

And Mitoma rather than looking for a penalty was looking to score. I’m convinced had we been in the same position we’d have hit the deck looking for a pen
Indeed, that's exactly what I mean.

I didn’t see the game today so can’t comment too much.

What I will say is that we turned down £30m for Kilman and decided to give him a pay rise instead…
I look at your words in black and white like a simple peasant come to the city for the first time and blinking at a massive cathedral. I mean, it’s definitely there in front of me, but I’ve no idea how the people responsible conceived the idea, let alone actually carried it out. It’s just… incomprehensible.

Don't tell me you're another one who doesn't realise we lost both games
Yes we have but everyone in the world bar Onana thinks we should have got a penalty last week. Which we would hopefully have scored from.

Brighton have made us look like mugs on more than one occasion recently, so I'm not going to read too much into today. Especially since we still created several decent chances.

Brighton are a superbly managed team designed to pick apart weaker badly managed teams.

They did that extremely well for 15 minutes in each half and then let us huff and puff for the rest.

Mitoma's individual brilliance was stunning to watch mainly watching us clutch at his shadow as he drifted past all of our players.

The rest of the goals is De Zerbi working out where our gaps and weaknesses were and exploiting them.

We have a terrible manager.
You have no idea of his qualities. Give the guy a chance. You are clearly not that clever yourself. Downbeat drivel is all we get from you.

When your back 4 defend that bad and your expensive forwards / “attacking FB” miss extremely presentable chances then I don’t think it matters who your manager is. (And the keeper being a disaster zone).

Why Kilman, Dawson, Semedo and RAN all took it in turns to not be goalside of the forward I don’t know.

Fabio won’t get a more presentable 1v1. Favourable angle, plenty of time, not a defender in sight. Even sent the keeper the wrong way but if you pass it in you run the risk of hitting that trailing leg. 6 inches off the floor and it’s in. Score that and who knows what happens.
So keep the faith. When we lose to the poor teams we start worrying.

Complete wanker.

Saying the team weren't prepared for the start of the season and not working to a high standard is a cunts trick.

Lop had us playing well in pre-season.

Then saying parts of the performance were pleasing is just sounding like Lage

Another nail in the GoN coffin.
Calm down!

That Brighton team will do that to a lot of teams on their day. In my opinion they are one of the 4 best teams in the division: Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton. All better than Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool. And that same team beat us 6-0 a couple of months ago in a showing way more abject than today. Under a manager you think is so much better than him. So there's that.

Look, I'm not going to say he's great and I'm happy with him. I'm not. But he has come into a situation that is a complete clusterfuck, not of his making, and you know what, in the last 2 games I've seen more entertaining football played by us than at any time in the last 3 seasons. Now you might want to credit Lopetegui for that. I don't. His team was pragmatic and boring last season and he's never had a history of trying to play attacking football. So I'm gonna wait and see with O'Neil. He'll possibly be a disaster. But he may not.
Sensible stuff - well said.

Yes we have but everyone in the world bar Onana thinks we should have got a penalty last week. Which we would hopefully have scored from.

More 'coulda woulda shoulda'

Everyone in the world bar Onana and all the people who were officiating the game, you mean. Right or wrong, they're kind of important too

More 'coulda woulda shoulda'

Everyone in the world bar Onana and all the people who were officiating the game, you mean. Right or wrong, they're kind of important too
We had an instant apology. We never get good decisions it seems.

Man Utd players have that luxury of decisions their way?

You are hardly Mr. Positive!
plural noun: histrionics
  1. 1.
    melodramatic behaviour designed to attract attention.
    "by now, Anna was accustomed to her mother's histrionics"

Back