• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-4 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Not at all. We lost today in a fairly appalling manner in the second half and he's blaming the players for not being ready and the previous management team for not getting them ready. He then has the gall to say if everything was going well he wouldn't be here.

Fuck that shit, he hasn't stepped into a situation where we were rock bottom after 12 games.

He's put us bottom, nobody else. He needs to take some responsibility.
That Brighton team will do that to a lot of teams on their day. In my opinion they are one of the 4 best teams in the division: Man City, Arsenal, Newcastle and Brighton. All better than Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool. And that same team beat us 6-0 a couple of months ago in a showing way more abject than today. Under a manager you think is so much better than him. So there's that.

Look, I'm not going to say he's great and I'm happy with him. I'm not. But he has come into a situation that is a complete clusterfuck, not of his making, and you know what, in the last 2 games I've seen more entertaining football played by us than at any time in the last 3 seasons. Now you might want to credit Lopetegui for that. I don't. His team was pragmatic and boring last season and he's never had a history of trying to play attacking football. So I'm gonna wait and see with O'Neil. He'll possibly be a disaster. But he may not.

Scoring goals helps the flow of a game and helps manage a game better in the second half, again two absolute sitters missed and morale is downhill from there going into the second half.

Would add Brighton made us look much worse than today last season under JL.

Complete wanker.

Saying the team weren't prepared for the start of the season and not working to a high standard is a cunts trick.

Lop had us playing well in pre-season.

Then saying parts of the performance were pleasing is just sounding like Lage

Another nail in the GoN coffin.
You really are ridiculous, he never said any of that, that's 2 interviews you have listened to, and totally reworded his interview

You really are ridiculous, he never said any of that, that's 2 interviews you have listened to, and totally reworded his interview
Really?

'If everything was going perfectly here there wouldn’t have been a change made'.

'There’s lots of things they did well today'

And many other quotes.

Glad that Guo and Jeff got to see our good old “challenger mentality” today and what jolly good effort the boys put in.
Seriously chastening afternoon nooks and crooks of the problem are our spine contains Sa, Kilman and Fabio the later May come good the other two are not of PL standard.
Today was a step in quality and it showed massively this a side that’s had to replenish two of its better players. Again another hammer blow to Jeff in an example of how both club’s direction have altered massively in 2 years.
We did react well to going behind and created some guilt edged chances however I think had we equalised Brighton would’ve just stepped up a gear.first ten minutes of the second half we’re an utter shambles a bit reminiscent of the 0-4 v Charlton in 2003.
Do your fucking basics as a defender, 45 seconds from the re-start.
Yes from 60 minutes on we played ok again but the game was well and truly gone and being decent when the opponent is sitting in isn’t a pre requisite for future good performances.
Monday we were cheated today we were outdone in the two areas of the field it matters.
Great being pretty and nice in the middle but behave like donkeys in both areas and the result ends up one way.

Sorry it’s winding me up the “BHA will do that to a lot of teams” they’re good but it’s not prime Barca.
Trust me if we defend like we did today against the other 18 teams in the league there’s a very good chance we’d lose.

I don't think Sa is capable of playing out from the back. Puts the receiver in all kinds of trouble.Either change the keeper or play it longer.
Correct.
Cannot play out from the back with Sa.
Also, he cannot direct clearances with any accuracy, cannot position himself correctly, can't claim crosses, is totally hot headed when faced by oncoming attackers and has an eccentric appearance 😬.
Other than that he's 'alright'.

Sorry it’s winding me up the “BHA will do that to a lot of teams” they’re good but it’s not prime Barca.
Trust me if we defend like we did today against the other 18 teams in the league there’s a very good chance we’d lose.
That's the expectation management which people have swallowed. It fucking stinks. It is the reality of where we are at, but I'm pretty pissed off that the South Bank just sucked it up today. We need their voice to tell Fosun this isn't acceptable. Today was the day to do it with Guo there, it didn't happen

Really?

'If everything was going perfectly here there wouldn’t have been a change made'.

'There’s lots of things they did well today'

And many other quotes.
Yes, none of which is what you said.

Right are BHA better than us? Yes by decent margin
Does that mean it’s a given we lose at home to them?1-4 no
Is it a given they beat us at home? No
Fosun have allowed this gradual allowance of acceptance of mediocrity and loser attitude to seep through the club.
Get a fucking grip people and demand better,
I guarantee the next statement will be “six seasons in the PL was a good run, wasn’t it?”

Well 4-1 never looks good and if you’ve made your mind up on O’Neil already then fair enough you’re probably only going to be negative or it seems that way anyway but coming out with nonsense just devalues any criticism that is deserved. Things like Brighton kept us at arms length is just not factual is it, if that was the case Fabio and RAN don’t miss 1 on 1’s and we should have gone in level at half time on the balance of the game and chances created.

Now we came out from the very first moment of the second half hell bent on making ridiculous errors leaving us wide open. The back 5 and Gomes all poor at various points today that cost us goals and at this level no matter who the coach is you just can’t do that and we had no one to get hold of it on the pitch especially when we really needed to. There are serious worries about the consistency of whoever plays in the back 5 and our finishing but there were some good bits today undone by in particular a 10 minute spell just after half time that killed any chance we had.

In terms of O’Neil:

He picked the team most wanted and it worked in patches while also still being a little too open at times in the first 45 but Brighton will create chances against every side with how they play because they look to isolate players and go 1vs 1.

Has to stop with Neto down the right, he looks quite sharp again but he just doesn’t do what you would want from a left footed player on the right.

Has to be more proactive with subs and in game management such as swapping Neto back over today and subs were to slow on Monday.

Biggest take away from me really is when you look at their goals they come from issues that were here last year and the year before that and that’s because primarily the players are the same. Semedo can’t get near Mitoma, Kilman beat with a simple ball over his head, other centre half too far up and Kilman indecisive, whole back four too slow and passive. It’s genuinely going to be tough to keep clean sheets and be on top in games if they make those errors that they did today every week and nothing but playing other players that don’t really exist is going to rectify that but as Quirk mentioned goals change the flow of games so we really need to start taking those chances to get us on the front foot and in control.

Right are BHA better than us? Yes by decent margin
Does that mean it’s a given we lose at home to them?1-4 no
Is it a given they beat us at home? No
Fosun have allowed this gradual allowance of acceptance of mediocrity and loser attitude to seep through the club.
Get a fucking grip people and demand better,
I guarantee the next statement will be “six seasons in the PL was a good run, wasn’t it?”
I'll bite.

What gives you the impression that Fosun give a shit what we demand?

Not at all. We lost today in a fairly appalling manner in the second half and he's blaming the players for not being ready and the previous management team for not getting them ready. He then has the gall to say if everything was going well he wouldn't be here.

Fuck that shit, he hasn't stepped into a situation where we were rock bottom after 12 games.

He's put us bottom, nobody else. He needs to take some responsibility.
When we played well versus Utd last Monday you stated it was due to Lopetegui's pre season preparation not any input from O'Neil.
Fair enough.
Five days later, with a team most on here thought was our best starting line-up, we get well beaten at home and now it's not Lopetegui"s pre season preparation, it's all O'Neil's fault.
Doesn't add up.

Back