• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

What needs to be done is obvious. Sack this clueless gimp and get someone in who actually plays our better players.

Indeed. For those who say they feel sorry for him and he is doing the best with what he has got - bullshit. Look at his formations, the treatment of Byrne and Mason, the fact that Sigurdasson and VLP are now regulars after being frozen out long ago, the defensive tactics, the square pegs in round holes. Another manager could achieve much better with what we have

Not the right time to get rid of Jackett. The Club is in enough turmoil already. First things first, we need a new owner.

It fucking is the right time. He is a dead duck. It won't improve with him still there.

That is absolute bollocks. The SB wasn't a happy place but it was in no way the most vitriolic I have seen it. In fact the SB has been overly kind to a manager who has signed bang average (or worse - Saville) players and picked a fucking dreadful players.

3 defensive midfielders against Preston deserves a riot never mind some half arsed chanting.

You think chanting about Moxey after 50 mins is the right way to go about things?

In that case your post is absolute fucking bollocks right back

By all means show how annoyed you feel but do it after the game.

I'm not referring to Jackett chants.

Thing is he is hamstrung by our injury list at the moment but he could and should be sending out better teams than he is and more importantly they should be trying to play a more effective brand of football and actually trying to win. Brining on Rowe for saville when losing 2-1 with 8 minutes left is bloody criminal

Could take years. Do you suggest we keep Jackett in place and endure this $#@! indefinitely?

No, just till the end of the season. Who, worth his salt, would want this poison chalice?

No, just till the end of the season. Who, worth his salt, would want this poison chalice?

I don't think we would be any more or less attractive in the summer than we are now.

I would like someone to come in and start getting the best out of these players, picking the best side we can and attacking formations whilst also assessing what he has at his disposal and what he wants to do in the summer in terms of players departing/arriving

Don't expect us to end up much different from where we are here (i.e. 10th - 15th) so no massive benefit in changing now unless there is an opportunity (which I can't see at the moment) to get someone in who is better than Kenny.

End of season - then yes

We aren't making the playoffs even if Pep Guardiola becomes Manager so we will just have to live with this for the last 15 games - take the time to meet friends, do other things that you enjoy & see what happens in June

You think chanting about Moxey after 50 mins is the right way to go about things?

In that case your post is absolute fucking bollocks right back

By all means show how annoyed you feel but do it after the game.

I'm not referring to Jackett chants.

Chanting about Moxey is not the right way to support Wolves. But it is not the most angry the SB has been. Which was what you stated.

Plus; do you think that the SB singing the praises of (for example) Coady would have won is the game?

I don't think we would be any more or less attractive in the summer than we are now.

I would like someone to come in and start getting the best out of these players, picking the best side we can and attacking formations whilst also assessing what he has at his disposal and what he wants to do in the summer in terms of players departing/arriving

I understand your reasoning but until we find a new buyer I can`t see there being much investment in the close season for any Manager/Head Coach to do much. New Manager syndrome might work for a short period but it wouldn`t last I don`t think.

Not at all, but then that's a pretty narrow way of looking at it!!

Fighting in the north bank too. Halcyon days

By all accounts we looked very lethargic, disorganised and clueless.
How many times have we said this recently? If it keeps happening it's clear that the manager has lost the plot.
Time for a change let's face it, it can't get any worse.

Horrible, just horrible. We're finding new ways of being shit.
Only positive was Mason. Everyone else was awful.

KJ is getting off scot free from the fans at the matches i reckon.
Apart from "you don't know what your doing" at the Rowe substitution
i heard nothing aimed towards KJ....(except from me)

Yeah, KJ has got away with a hell of a lot this season. The South Bank shouldn't be singing the anti-Morgan/Moxey shit but TBH I'm not going to condemn them for it, they've been ridiculously patient this season and there was still some good support even today. A day when the team simply didn't deserve it - a crap performance set up wrong from the start, and it wasn't like we improved much. And then we bring on someone with an ounce of attacking intent and lo and behold, we look slightly more threatening.

But even then it wasn't enough, it wasn't acceptable and the vast majority of the players in a Wolves shirt weren't fit to wear it. The midfield was atrocious. The defence was abominable.

It was just a shit day and I've had enough TBH. Good job the Bathams was so good before the game.

Horrible, just horrible. We're finding new ways of being shit.
Only positive was Mason. Everyone else was awful.

Yep. Coady and Saville worked about as well together as toothpaste and orange juice.

No doubt local media will blame the board for this and praise KJ when we next win.
There's no excuse regardless of any situation for a side to play such dire inept football and a manager employing such mind boggling tactics and team selections.
If things continue the same as they are now into next season I'm certain we'll go down next season.
Something has to change.

Saville and Price had a couple of decent moments. Nice bit of interchange. But that accounted for about 0.3% of the 'action'.

Back