• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

Jackett said he has the final say on transfers. Hopefully Martinez, back four sadly picks itself. God knows what happens after that. Mason hopefully will fit in the grand scheme, Bryne will probably not start though.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I agree with that in the back to back home games of Fulham & Cardiff we scored 4 and sadly conceded 5 goals and those were easily the most entertaining games I've seen us in this season we gave It go there wasn't many restrictions I'd rather see those sort of performances than the crap currently being served up for the remainder of the season.

I do think the entertainment factor is responsible for the dismal attendances before this season the attendances were great in the last 2 which would down to success but mainly the great football at times we produced.

We didn't play attacking football against Fulham and I unfortunately (or fortunately) missed the Cardiff game. Fulham had the worst defence id ever seen at this level and Stearman somehow can't get in it. They also played O Hara as the most defensive midfielder. We still didn't dominate the game and nearly ballsed it up.

We didn't play attacking football against Fulham and I unfortunately (or fortunately) missed the Cardiff game. Fulham had the worst defence id ever seen at this level and Stearman somehow can't get in it. They also played O Hara as the most defensive midfielder. We still didn't dominate the game and nearly ballsed it up.

I didn't say we were attacking in those games but we did seem to be more open and involved in a more entertaining games we certainly gave It a bit of a go unlike Saturday and Bolton at home.

There seems to be a worrying lack of knowledge from the manager on how to use some of our better players. We spent £3m on Mason and then he comes out in the press at the weekend stating he's trying to work out the lad's best position: did we scout him at all? Same goes for Byrne - who was earmarked as one of the best young talents in League One when we signed him - and Wallace too who is flying at Millwall.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder/worry about what's going on. It's concerning that we're signing players that the manager either doesn't know how to use or doesn't want to use.

I'm genuinely starting to wonder/worry about what's going on. It's concerning that we're signing players that the manager either doesn't know how to use or doesn't want to use.

The terrible thing about this sentence is you could have posted it in September

Just baffling to drop a player who scored on his debut - so naturally soaring with confidence - who then scores again in his second game and confess you're not sure what his best position is.

These last three posts really sum it all up. Have we got a manager who is just totally clueless or is there a massive disconnect between manager and recruitment? Saw the last 20 minutes of Leeds - Middlesbro' last night and Leeds were really going for it. Plenty of attacking football and looking 10 times better than us. Now no-one can possibly say Leeds have a better squad than us...

No, but they've got a better manager and that really is saying something...

They really haven't. Kenny is a fucking clown but Steve Evans is even worse.

Steve Evans is probably one of the only championship managers I wouldn't take over Ken right now. I bet he'd have us playing better football though.

I bet he'd have us playing better football though.

Which is the only thing that matters right now. Steve Evans may be a morally repugnant shyster who is completely classless both in interviews and on the touchline but he's still a better football manager than Kenny Jackett.

He really isn't. He is absolutely fucking shite. Jackett is actually better, staggering as that may seem.

I want to change the manager, but only for a better manager. If a better manager, would want to come to Wolves at the moment, is a different matter!

Apart from his bizarre revolving door policy at Rotherham his record speaks for itself and Leeds fans have taken well to him already. His teams always look to attack and have consistently punched above their weight.

Shows how far Kenny's status has fallen that you are discussing the possibility that Steve Evans is a better manager (can't decide whether you are serious or merely doing it in jest)

Suffice to say that if we did sack Ken, Steve Evans wouldn't be in my top 100 potential replacements. That's on footballing grounds as well.

If for some reason we were compelled to do a straight swap with Leeds for the remainder of the season we'd probably outperform them, but that's not really the issue.

Steve Evans is a better manager than Kenny Jackett. I don't even see how that's a debate.

In all honesty i don't think there's much difference between the 2 of them and i wouldn't want either of them in charge here, unfortunately one of them still is despite being out of his depth for the last 2 years.

Back