• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

Good one Trev, things has to change

I'm afraid it's become evil on the terraces and I agree the Club have only got themselves to blame, they don't deserve fans trying to stand up for them anymore.

Where would you re-locate to? The North Bank is not a lot better at the moment to be brutally honest.

Well I hope they do move you, I'm sure they will. I've been lucky in my spot. The one guy that usually shouts abuse must be too depressed to care now. I'm in North bank. Just seems to be a lot of grumbling of discontent. I didn't see fighting but hey its a big stand.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Awful, awful stuff. You can't send out that team and expect to get anything, I really cannot understand why the manager has a reluctance to attack teams at home who are below us in the league, it's nonsensical. As such we got everything we deserved. That midfield had nothing about it, doesn't stop anything, doesn't create anything or have any goal threat. We played no football as usual, never looked like getting back into the game, hardly tested their keeper and gave away a couple of terrible goals of our own. Similar to a lot of home games this season. Any takers for us to get another three home wins from our remaining seven games? We need that to equal our worst ever tally at home in this division since we came back up in 1989.

Ikeme: Woeful. Before anyone starts I'm not just blaming him for the result but they are two awful goals, once again. Way too slow off his line for the first, he'd done that twice in the first 10 minutes as well, as if he was wearing concrete boots. Then a dreadful punch for the second. At fault for so many goals this season, I honestly couldn't give him a rating of more than 2/10 over the campaign.

Iorfa: Poor game. Didn't defend especially well and didn't really get forward.

Batth/EEL: They both give it everything but as a partnership they're just not up to it at this level. They both make the same mistakes and both have the same weaknesses. Flip a coin for which one drops out when Willo is fit.

Doherty: Cannot defend at all, incredibly half arsed. He does get forward but as he has no left foot at all this is entirely useless to us. Playing at least two full levels above his ability, so far away from the answer it's untrue. I cannot believe this moron is a fixture in our team.

Price: As we weren't playing any football this took away any hope of him using one of his strengths, helping us keep the ball as we weren't even trying to do that. Didn't play very well anyway so he'll probably be parked back on the bench until April.

Coady: Did at least try but has no quality whatsoever. Might have been ok for £200k, at £2m he is a shocker of a signing.

Saville: I've suggested him for a recall a couple of times just to see what he can do. After all this was his first ever start for us at home in the league. So he gets his start...and he was rubbish. Sloppy in possession, rash in the tackle, offering nothing really going forward or defensively and some of the worst set pieces known to man.

Henry: Not in the game and then went off injured.

Van La Parra: Evidently didn't fancy it. Really poor and can have no complaints about getting hooked. Back to the norm for him.

Sigurdarson: I do feel a bit sorry for him. He isn't a target man, he is tall but doesn't have the physical strength or the natural inclination for that role. Leaving that aside, what is the point in hoofing the ball at a bloke when you are setting the team up in such a way that no-one gets around him when he holds it up or gets beyond him when he flicks it on?

Byrne: Good free kick which hit the post. Otherwise we hardly gave him the ball, when he did get it he looked reasonably lively without much end product.

Mason: You tell me why he isn't starting. Took his goal nicely and does at least look like a footballer. Must be wondering what he's walked into.

Rowe: Possibly the most pointless substitution in the world. Why are we swapping a defensive midfielder for a defensive midfielder when we're losing on 84 minutes?

Manager: Go boil your $#@!ing head. Three and a half months I've wanted him out, for reasons best known to the club they haven't put him under any pressure so he's had ample opportunity to turn it round. We aren't turning it around, we are getting worse. This insipid $#@! is driving people away, it's absolutely appalling football and there is no excuse for it. Blame the owner for flouncing off, blame Moxey for crappy "mind the stove" leadership, that's all perfectly valid. But Ken is a factor we could easily improve on, he's been allowed an amazing amount of leeway from the club and the supporters, I think the latter are starting to turn on him now (rightly so) and hopefully we're coming to the end of his time here. I've had enough of this dross, fourth worst home record in this pisspot league, there is nothing to enjoy about watching us.

Thank you for the match report, Deutsch.

Where would you re-locate to? The North Bank is not a lot better at the moment to be brutally honest.

Just need to move from where we are within the Southbank, you all know me on here, unfortunately I take that que sera attitude onto the terraces which caused my Son while defending the right for me to have an opinion contrary to norm to have his glasses broken and for us to spend most of the second half in the first aid centre while received three butterfly stitches.
I'm pretty ashamed at the moment, we need to move and I need to keep my mouth shut.

Just need to move from where we are within the Southbank, you all know me on here, unfortunately I take that que sera attitude onto the terraces which caused my Son while defending the right for me to have an opinion contrary to norm to have his glasses broken and for us to spend most of the second half in the first aid centre while received three butterfly stitches.
I'm pretty ashamed at the moment, we need to move and I need to keep my mouth shut.

No you don't need to keep your mouth shut. I would hope charges follow for whatever did this.

That's sad Trev, on all counts. No need for any violence.

FFS, that's shocking mate. The fact you think you have to stay quiet is bad enough. Was this reported?

Jackett is getting an easy ride from the fans, protected by the pantomine villains that are Morgan and Moxey. For me, the blame for the current malaise rests fairly and squarely with the man who coaches the team, who sets up the team and picks the team for the reasons listed above. All his good work in creating a team we could have some affinity with is unraveling week by week. Jackett is failing the supporters badly and he needs to take the responsibility. His bland press conferences, which have been a feature of his time at the club, are wearing thin.

There is no affinity within the team let alone with the supporters. A gross failure to move on players who are ultimately not good enough - coupled with injuries and his hands are tied to an extent. I don't blame KJ for us having one left back. Siggy and VLP look distant and sulky. I feel the uncertainty at the top is reflected on the pitch.

No you don't need to keep your mouth shut. I would hope charges follow for whatever did this.

That's sad Trev, on all counts. No need for any violence.

FFS, that's shocking mate. The fact you think you have to stay quiet is bad enough. Was this reported?

Thanks lads, my Son's gonna contact the Club tomorrow, a Steward with Manager on the back of his coat took all the details, I'm going to the ground to see if we can move somewhere else.
I blame myself, my lads are like you lot and put up with my need to do the things I do, I've made a promise to my family that if we, hopefully, manage to get a move, I'll keep my thought to myself in future, I'm far too old for all this crap.

sorry Trev, didnt know that was the reason. Everyone should be able to express their opinion regardless

Thanks lads, my Son's gonna contact the Club tomorrow, a Steward with Manager on the back of his coat took all the details, I'm going to the ground to see if we can move somewhere else.
I blame myself, my lads are like you lot and put up with my need to do the things I do, I've made a promise to my family that if we, hopefully, manage to get a move, I'll keep my thought to myself in future, I'm far too old for all this crap.

Really sorry to hear this Trev - many of us in that stand are fine, but there are a sufficient number of nutters as well - can't see that the club should have any problem with a move, its not as if there aren't empty seats in every other stand at the moment

That's a shame you feel you need to keep your thoughts to yourself - football should be about opinions and people sharing their thoughts. There should never be a reason for violence.

Also this is 100% not your fault, it is the fault of the individual who committed the offence.

That is sad to hear, I hope they ban the perpetrator. They have no place in football or society mindless thugs.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I can't believe this is down to Thelwell, or even Moxey for that matter.

Ok so with Morgan wanting out, there ain't a lot of cash to spend on players, BUT!! and it is a big BUT!! WE buy Wallace and don't play him, loan him out and he's virtually man of the match every week at Millwall.
We buy Morgan, who according to KT and JM we have been chasing for a while, who scores in his first game and then gets dropped because he doesn't fit the system, comes on as a sub today, and promptly scores again.

Alf must have been signed as tea maker for all the chances he gets to play.

Byrne is a decent enough winger/attacking full back given a run, but he has never had a run.

Saville has been out of favour for almost a season and now he's flavour of the month, along with the previously unwanted VLP.

Danny Baaath would have to die to be dropped.

And Tommy Rowe, bless him has done a Lazurus and actually risen from the dead and buried.

The nucleus of a decent side is sitting there waiting to be played, and Jackett just won't play them, or can't see how to play them.

If the club signs nobody without Jackett's final say so, then why are they here and not even looking like getting a game?

Worse still if deadly Dave was to show up fit tomorrow he would be the first name on the team sheet.

For me this is all down to Jackett and no one else.

I agree It's mainly down to Jackett the anger towards Moxey and Morgan I do understand but I feel like Kenny is getting a free pass by many fans at Molineux of course we have injuries and sold Afobe but Kenny seems intent on picking the worst set of tactics and most negative team available that ain't Moxey or Morgan's fault.

We have lost Afobe's goals and in ALF we have someone who is a proven goal scorer at this level but he is currently pulling splinters out of his arse. Byrne's purchase seems to have been for no other reason than to punish Swindon for some strange reason Wallace rarely given a chance sent out on loan and Evans who I think would be are far better option than Saville & Coady is tossed out on loan.

We don't have a bad team as you say on paper but In Jackett we have a man who is either completely lost plot and devoid of ideas or maybe even a man who is trying his best to get deliberately sacked.

The fear factor is seriously affecting us now - Kenny is afraid of losing (& this is dripping down into the team, none of whom know who is likely to play from one game to the next - apart from ALF who appears to have been left off the list of available players so won't get on). The result is a team designed not to lose, but does so anyway.

We are not likely to go far from where we are right now so for FS give it a go - might get better, but even if not we will at least have had some entertainment.

If we don't change then next seasons starting attendance will be in the 15000 range

The fear factor is seriously affecting us now - Kenny is afraid of losing (& this is dripping down into the team, none of whom know who is likely to play from one game to the next - apart from ALF who appears to have been left off the list of available players so won't get on). The result is a team designed not to lose, but does so anyway.

We are not likely to go far from where we are right now so for FS give it a go - might get better, but even if not we will at least have had some entertainment.

If we don't change then next seasons starting attendance will be in the 15000 range

I agree with that in the back to back home games of Fulham & Cardiff we scored 4 and sadly conceded 5 goals and those were easily the most entertaining games I've seen us in this season we gave It go there wasn't many restrictions I'd rather see those sort of performances than the crap currently being served up for the remainder of the season.

I do think the entertainment factor is responsible for the dismal attendances before this season the attendances were great in the last 2 which would down to success but mainly the great football at times we produced.

Well I've just seen the "highlights." What in God's name is Ikeme doing for the first? He's so slow off his line. Can't just be concrete boots. Does the guy not concentrate on the game?

So lets have a little guess to who's players are actually who's. Who did Thelwell sign and who did Jackett sign. Jackett just doesn't seem keen on any players that have been brought in this season..

Back