• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 - Preston 2 another expected day at the office verdict thread

I am not really with you on this cyber, our squad looks horrid to me. I don't want to give it the billy big bollocks treatment, however when I look at our squad it looks like the sort of squad I would associate with Charlton, Huddersfield etc, the sort of sides that don't financial try to compete with the so called 'bigger sides', I dislike that term but sure you know what I mean. We don't seem to spend what our fans want us to, however we have spent the sort of fees on players that a lot of the sides can't, and I feel that we don't have anything to show for it. Of the players I am seeing that performed well today, no one in the top 10 would be interested in them.

I didn't pay attention what so ever today, and am considering taking a sabbatical until something changes as it's too painful being pissed off all the time.

Martinez
Iorfa Williamson EEL hause
Price
Zyro MacDonald Graham
Mason Dicko

ALF Byrne RVLP Batth Rowe Ikeme Edwards

Would give most teams in this league a tough game IMO. This lot needs better coaching and guidance.. OK you can't gauge injuries but Coadyh,Henry et al should've able to do better against the bang average sides. We have lost at home to some real shite this season

I am not really with you on this cyber, our squad looks horrid to me. I don't want to give it the billy big bollocks treatment, however when I look at our squad it looks like the sort of squad I would associate with Charlton, Huddersfield etc, the sort of sides that don't financial try to compete with the so called 'bigger sides', I dislike that term but sure you know what I mean. We don't seem to spend what our fans want us to, however we have spent the sort of fees on players that a lot of the sides can't, and I feel that we don't have anything to show for it. Of the players I am seeing that performed well today, no one in the top 10 would be interested in them.

I didn't pay attention what so ever today, and am considering taking a sabbatical until something changes as it's too painful being pissed off all the time.

But this season in particular we don't need to be necessarily world beaters, look at when we fluked those wins together over Christmas and suddenly we were a couple of points outside of the play-offs.

The problem we have IMO is that when Steve Gibson pulled the plug on the Rhodes deal the Boro fans fully supported his decision making if you read their Facebook page, irrespective of whether Wolves had spent similar amounts our fans would be up in arms at penny pinching and what not and I include this with when Sir Jack was at Wolves, we have got a mental spoilt brat element within our support, likely the same ones who would rather a half empty stadium rather than ticket offers to entice bigger games, revenue and ultimately spending power...

I don't think anyone can defend Kenny Jackett anymore, sadly. When he goes, who's gonna replace him? I'd hope that was being looked into now but I highly doubt it

This is the problem for me.

They got it right in spades last time. As vicious as we are toward Jackett today, rightfully so, he was for a time exactly the man we needed.

I don't think we are unduly vicious. His use of a limited squad has been awful, the quality of football generally awful, team selection awful, points total awful and home form awful. Many managers have been sacked for performance that was better than kj. Its been..........awful

Get Bully and Mutch in as interim managers..

I don't think we are unduly vicious. His use of a limited squad has been awful, the quality of football generally awful, team selection awful, points total awful and home form awful. Many managers have been sacked for performance that was better than kj. Its been..........awful

Jackett is getting an easy ride from the fans, protected by the pantomine villains that are Morgan and Moxey. For me, the blame for the current malaise rests fairly and squarely with the man who coaches the team, who sets up the team and picks the team for the reasons listed above. All his good work in creating a team we could have some affinity with is unraveling week by week. Jackett is failing the supporters badly and he needs to take the responsibility. His bland press conferences, which have been a feature of his time at the club, are wearing thin.

I agree. I said we are rightfully vicious. The vitriol on this forum directed toward KJ is not at all unjustified.

Get him gone.

To think I've come back to England for 3 days and I spent some of it watching this shit. The game barely deserves a verdict; probably in the top 3 worst games I've ever seen.

Pathetic stuff, Jackett. Fuck off now.

And also it sounds like the North Bank was at it's 'vitriolic worst' given the fighting going on in there. At least the South Bank has shown some support this season.

To be honest I'm beginning to think comparisons between Jackett and Saunders are becoming valid. What could Kenny do with a team containing Roger Johnson, Kaspar Gorkss and Jamie O'Hara? Does anyone have the stats for that 2-0 win at Millwall - didn't both teams manage two shots on goal or something?

Get him gone.

To think I've come back to England for 3 days and I spent some of it watching this shit. The game barely deserves a verdict; probably in the top 3 worst games I've ever seen.

Pathetic stuff, Jackett. Fuck off now.

And also it sounds like the North Bank was at it's 'vitriolic worst' given the fighting going on in there. At least the South Bank has shown some support this season.

You mean it's the loudest stand? Yep.

I wish I hadn't bothered watching the highlights. Incredible defending.

1st - Waltzes through our 3 defensive mids as if they aren't there, both Batth & EEL get drawn out, neither of them getting anywhere near it, Ikeme makes an absolute mess of it and ends up looking stupid and Doherty is completely flat footed and slow. The gormless prick could've kept that out if he wanted to.

2nd - Saville should've stopped the cross coming in, Ikeme makes a mess of the punch and Doherty reacts too slow. Again. Wake the fuck up!

Verdict.
Just when you think it couldn't get any worse it does. The big question is how bad does it have to get before there is change. What triggers Moxey to act on this shambles.

First real signs that the crowd is turning. Surprised it's took this long.
Overall the performance was ok, if matching PNE is your aim. We just have no goal threat overall, hardly surprising with 3 defensive midfielders and the hugely ineffective VLP who is clearly no longer playing for a move.
Please, our season is over, can we try to entertain, at least at home, rather than hope to nick a 1 goal win against (and I've nothing against PNE) one of this divisions weaker sides.

Awful, awful stuff. You can't send out that team and expect to get anything, I really cannot understand why the manager has a reluctance to attack teams at home who are below us in the league, it's nonsensical. As such we got everything we deserved. That midfield had nothing about it, doesn't stop anything, doesn't create anything or have any goal threat. We played no football as usual, never looked like getting back into the game, hardly tested their keeper and gave away a couple of terrible goals of our own. Similar to a lot of home games this season. Any takers for us to get another three home wins from our remaining seven games? We need that to equal our worst ever tally at home in this division since we came back up in 1989.

Ikeme: Woeful. Before anyone starts I'm not just blaming him for the result but they are two awful goals, once again. Way too slow off his line for the first, he'd done that twice in the first 10 minutes as well, as if he was wearing concrete boots. Then a dreadful punch for the second. At fault for so many goals this season, I honestly couldn't give him a rating of more than 2/10 over the campaign.

Iorfa: Poor game. Didn't defend especially well and didn't really get forward.

Batth/EEL: They both give it everything but as a partnership they're just not up to it at this level. They both make the same mistakes and both have the same weaknesses. Flip a coin for which one drops out when Willo is fit.

Doherty: Cannot defend at all, incredibly half arsed. He does get forward but as he has no left foot at all this is entirely useless to us. Playing at least two full levels above his ability, so far away from the answer it's untrue. I cannot believe this moron is a fixture in our team.

Price: As we weren't playing any football this took away any hope of him using one of his strengths, helping us keep the ball as we weren't even trying to do that. Didn't play very well anyway so he'll probably be parked back on the bench until April.

Coady: Did at least try but has no quality whatsoever. Might have been ok for £200k, at £2m he is a shocker of a signing.

Saville: I've suggested him for a recall a couple of times just to see what he can do. After all this was his first ever start for us at home in the league. So he gets his start...and he was rubbish. Sloppy in possession, rash in the tackle, offering nothing really going forward or defensively and some of the worst set pieces known to man.

Henry: Not in the game and then went off injured.

Van La Parra: Evidently didn't fancy it. Really poor and can have no complaints about getting hooked. Back to the norm for him.

Sigurdarson: I do feel a bit sorry for him. He isn't a target man, he is tall but doesn't have the physical strength or the natural inclination for that role. Leaving that aside, what is the point in hoofing the ball at a bloke when you are setting the team up in such a way that no-one gets around him when he holds it up or gets beyond him when he flicks it on?

Byrne: Good free kick which hit the post. Otherwise we hardly gave him the ball, when he did get it he looked reasonably lively without much end product.

Mason: You tell me why he isn't starting. Took his goal nicely and does at least look like a footballer. Must be wondering what he's walked into.

Rowe: Possibly the most pointless substitution in the world. Why are we swapping a defensive midfielder for a defensive midfielder when we're losing on 84 minutes?

Manager: Go boil your fucking head. Three and a half months I've wanted him out, for reasons best known to the club they haven't put him under any pressure so he's had ample opportunity to turn it round. We aren't turning it around, we are getting worse. This insipid shit is driving people away, it's absolutely appalling football and there is no excuse for it. Blame the owner for flouncing off, blame Moxey for crappy "mind the stove" leadership, that's all perfectly valid. But Ken is a factor we could easily improve on, he's been allowed an amazing amount of leeway from the club and the supporters, I think the latter are starting to turn on him now (rightly so) and hopefully we're coming to the end of his time here. I've had enough of this dross, fourth worst home record in this pisspot league, there is nothing to enjoy about watching us.

Awful, awful stuff. You can't send out that team and expect to get anything, I really cannot understand why the manager has a reluctance to attack teams at home who are below us in the league, it's nonsensical. As such we got everything we deserved. That midfield had nothing about it, doesn't stop anything, doesn't create anything or have any goal threat. We played no football as usual, never looked like getting back into the game, hardly tested their keeper and gave away a couple of terrible goals of our own. Similar to a lot of home games this season. Any takers for us to get another three home wins from our remaining seven games? We need that to equal our worst ever tally at home in this division since we came back up in 1989.

Ikeme: Woeful. Before anyone starts I'm not just blaming him for the result but they are two awful goals, once again. Way too slow off his line for the first, he'd done that twice in the first 10 minutes as well, as if he was wearing concrete boots. Then a dreadful punch for the second. At fault for so many goals this season, I honestly couldn't give him a rating of more than 2/10 over the campaign.

Iorfa: Poor game. Didn't defend especially well and didn't really get forward.

Batth/EEL: They both give it everything but as a partnership they're just not up to it at this level. They both make the same mistakes and both have the same weaknesses. Flip a coin for which one drops out when Willo is fit.

Doherty: Cannot defend at all, incredibly half arsed. He does get forward but as he has no left foot at all this is entirely useless to us. Playing at least two full levels above his ability, so far away from the answer it's untrue. I cannot believe this moron is a fixture in our team.

Price: As we weren't playing any football this took away any hope of him using one of his strengths, helping us keep the ball as we weren't even trying to do that. Didn't play very well anyway so he'll probably be parked back on the bench until April.

Coady: Did at least try but has no quality whatsoever. Might have been ok for £200k, at £2m he is a shocker of a signing.

Saville: I've suggested him for a recall a couple of times just to see what he can do. After all this was his first ever start for us at home in the league. So he gets his start...and he was rubbish. Sloppy in possession, rash in the tackle, offering nothing really going forward or defensively and some of the worst set pieces known to man.

Henry: Not in the game and then went off injured.

Van La Parra: Evidently didn't fancy it. Really poor and can have no complaints about getting hooked. Back to the norm for him.

Sigurdarson: I do feel a bit sorry for him. He isn't a target man, he is tall but doesn't have the physical strength or the natural inclination for that role. Leaving that aside, what is the point in hoofing the ball at a bloke when you are setting the team up in such a way that no-one gets around him when he holds it up or gets beyond him when he flicks it on?

Byrne: Good free kick which hit the post. Otherwise we hardly gave him the ball, when he did get it he looked reasonably lively without much end product.

Mason: You tell me why he isn't starting. Took his goal nicely and does at least look like a footballer. Must be wondering what he's walked into.

Rowe: Possibly the most pointless substitution in the world. Why are we swapping a defensive midfielder for a defensive midfielder when we're losing on 84 minutes?

Manager: Go boil your fucking head. Three and a half months I've wanted him out, for reasons best known to the club they haven't put him under any pressure so he's had ample opportunity to turn it round. We aren't turning it around, we are getting worse. This insipid shit is driving people away, it's absolutely appalling football and there is no excuse for it. Blame the owner for flouncing off, blame Moxey for crappy "mind the stove" leadership, that's all perfectly valid. But Ken is a factor we could easily improve on, he's been allowed an amazing amount of leeway from the club and the supporters, I think the latter are starting to turn on him now (rightly so) and hopefully we're coming to the end of his time here. I've had enough of this dross, fourth worst home record in this pisspot league, there is nothing to enjoy about watching us.

Word!

Great post DW. Coady aswell seems as though he has lost his edge since the sending off. Although he wasn't great for majority of match he never stopped asking for the ball to be fair to him, and did get an assist in the end. I still feel he will come good, just not under our current manager. I did feel Saville and Price had a few good hook ups but then passed them selves into trouble at times, it was like oh this is the bit where McDonald usually takes over. Saville was very poor all match at stopping crosses getting in, which we paid for with the second goal. He needs to go and spend all week practicing his set pieces if that's going to be his role for rest of the season, don't think a single one made it 2 foot off the ground.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

For the first time ever, well since the Bhatti debacle, I contemplated packing it in last night, I'm off to Molineux tomorrow to see if we can get re-located for the rest of the season.

Maybe you could get those seats that obscure the pitch. I think I might move there myself.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Back