• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Rotherham 0 a win that masks the truth verdict

No Fred, it was clearly different today if you watched it closely. When we had the ball and we're looking to control possession Saiss dropped into a 3 at the back. If we then had Edwards drop to fill the space and support Jack plus Iorfa and Doc doubling up down the wings we would've overrun Rotherham. HOWEVER we had Saville and bloody Coady at full back and they did not do what was needed in an attacking sense

didnt watch the game just heard it today but Lambert has switched teams almost everytime and earlier managers too..that, to me suggest something else is the problem because not all can be bad footballers.....not a fan of Coady or Saville though

I mean..if you get a very good result, like away at anfield, keep it and build some confidence...do not rotate all the time..(think it applies to most teams that rotate)

didnt watch the game just heard it today but Lambert has switched teams almost everytime and earlier managers too..that, to me suggest something else is the problem because not all can be bad footballers.....not a fan of Coady or Saville though

Lambert is shit scared of relegation and has slumped into an ultra defensive mode, even against shit teams we should easily beat. He's in panic mode and his team selection of the much vaunted "championship experienced" players is a lot of the problem. Fuck me we have some rubbish in our squad

Lambert is shit scared of relegation and has slumped into an ultra defensive mode, even against shit teams we should easily beat. He's in panic mode and his team selection of the much vaunted "championship experienced" players is a lot of the problem. Fuck me we have some rubbish in our squad

thats why i posted get on the front foot early and play some attacking football FFS, the main goal in football is to score more goals than the other team..

Oh and I didn't mean you personally watching it but just as a fan analysing the game

It's almost impressive how we've managed to assemble such an average (being kind) squad of cloggers. There is some talent of which most is being ignored.... (bright, Iorfa..)

Price isn't a shit player.

But he was shit today.

Langers, please agree with Darlo - don't make me bring out the picture of you in the moon. (Yes this is blackmail and no, I'm not ashamed of such dirty tactics).

Fwiw I don't think Price was poor, the combination of Saiss dropping, Edwards being non-existent and no overlapping fullbacks left him isolated against Rotherham midfield.

It's a team game..look at chelsea

I don't think Lambert wanted the full backs to attack today. If he did he banged his head about 5 seconds before picking the team.

Langers, please agree with Darlo - don't make me bring out the picture of you in the moon. (Yes this is blackmail and no, I'm not ashamed of such dirty tactics).

Fwiw I don't think Price was poor, the combination of Saiss dropping, Edwards being non-existent and no overlapping fullbacks left him isolated against Rotherham midfield.

Don't disagree with you about Price being cast out by Lambert's 'tactics' today but individually he really was poor today as well.

His passing was rank at times and while guys like Saiss also had poor moments they countered them with moments of quality or being solid defensively. Price was just pish all round. Our worst player on the day IMO.

I don't think Lambert wanted the full backs to attack today. If he did he banged his head about 5 seconds before picking the team.

The not wanting attacking fullbacks is what worries me. This was a home game against a dreadful team, and we set up with a defensive lineup when the formation demanded attacking fullbacks.

Price was poor today but sadly thats not his fault, Edwards flying around like a blue arse fly, Saiss talking to Ikeme for 90 minutes gave Pricey a hell of a lot to do and lot of ground to try and cover.

Don't disagree with you about Price being cast out by Lambert's 'tactics' today but individually he really was poor today as well.

His passing was rank at times and while guys like Saiss also had poor moments they countered them with moments of quality or being solid defensively. Price was just pish all round. Our worst player on the day IMO.

If I had incriminating pics of you I'd be posting them right now....

Lambert 'We didnt play as well as we normally play' <------------------------------------- Shall I bold that for effect.

And that was the problem with Saiss dropping to make a 3 and abandoning Price...another black mark against Lambert

Back