• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1 Rotherham 0 a win that masks the truth verdict

We're 24 to lay on betfair whereas Blackburn are 3.

The world don't think we are going down

Beat Forest, Bristol City and Blackburn and we stay up in all likelihood. Can't say I'm especially confident we'll do that though.

I don't think we are either tbh. 2 games in hand and a superior goal difference to those around us. We'll stay up but it wont be pretty.

We'll probably stay above Wigan so it's whether or not we can get ourselves above one of blackburn, Bristol, forest or Burton. Our best chance is that one of these barely gets any more points and/or we get a couple more lucky 1-0s. It's really hard to see where our points will come from, our 3 'winnable' games as DW pointed out are against the teams we re fighting so I can't see them being much easier

You look at the pass maps and you think, "What the fuck. Why were we playing 3-3-3?" Then you notice a tiny little dot you missed first time and it's Dave Edwards
There was still a fairly loud rendition of "we've got Edwards" yesterday from the South Bank. Is it a case it's just a catchy song?

You look at the pass maps and you think, "What the $#@!. Why were we playing 3-3-3?" Then you notice a tiny little dot you missed first time and it's Dave Edwards
I bet he ran 13km though, that's the stat which seems to matter

There was still a fairly loud rendition of "we've got Edwards" yesterday from the South Bank. Is it a case it's just a catchy song?

Pretty much yeah. It didn't start up after he'd done anything good, it just started.

We really need to work on what to do if a penalty is saved, ie get to the rebounded ball first.

Watch Ben Marshall, a fucking disgrace.

Finally got round to watching the highlights? - didn't take much time out of my day

Could have cut it down to just the goal as calling the rest highlights is like building a 5ft mound in Norfolk & calling it the highest point in the County

\even the penalty was not a given as Costa & the defender seemed to be fouling each other equally - could have been given either way (not that it mattered as wasn't well taken anyway)

Edwards is a tiny dot on the pass map every single week. However, my main thought when looking at the map is what the fuck is that formation???

Looking at that the line does not intersect Edwards at all - I know he doesn't make many passes, but that can't be right surely - if it is then I have no words to express what a waste of a shirt it is

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the passmap, however I wasn't surprised by the lack of touches/passes DE was involved with. He was conspicuous by his anonymity yesterday.

its worrying that all our managers are fooled by all the running DE does in a match, but unable to see what little he contributes as a footballer.

All I can remember of him yesterday was conceding a couple of free kicks after lunging at a Rotherham player

He is 6 foot
He has bags of energy
He can head a ball
He can finish well
Given Lambert's sorting hat approach is he going to play up front with Weimann behind?

Back